ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help- Knowledge Of English Language for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

faithronmu
Newly Registered

Urgent Help- Knowledge Of English Language for ILR

Post by faithronmu » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:24 pm

I applied for my ILR on the 10 year rule basis with an IELTS certificate which was used for previous application but has expired 2 years ago.I a received a letter from the case worker today stating that i provided an IELTs certificate that has expired and in order for my application to be considered ,I should provide a new evidence that i have passed a the English language test.
I contacted the home office today and the lady i spoke to said that the certificate is still valid even though it has expired for my settlement application

Can the senior in the house advise me on the best way forward because i do have friends as well as seen members on the forum that submitted similar expired certificate and got their approval for settlement.

faithronmu
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent Help- Knowledge Of English Language for ILR

Post by faithronmu » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:29 pm

faithronmu wrote:I applied for my ILR on the 10 year rule basis with an IELTS certificate which was used for previous application but has expired 2 years ago.I a received a letter from the case worker today stating that i provided an IELTs certificate that has expired and in order for my application to be considered ,I should provide a new evidence that i have passed a the English language test.
I contacted the home office today and the lady i spoke to said that the certificate is still valid even though it has expired for my settlement application

Can the senior in the house advise me on the best way forward because i do have friends as well as seen members on the forum that submitted similar expired certificate and got their approval for settlement.
I contacted the HO helpline today and they confirmed that I can use an expired IELTS certificate that had previously been used for application and i was also told to write a letter explaining why i used the expired certificate with reference to the documents on the home office website regarding this issue.

Can anyone on the forum advise me if i should book another test or send the letter to the HO.I have until 6th of April to respond to the case worker.