ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR without NI

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilr_ni
Newly Registered

Applying ILR without NI

Post by ilr_ni » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:26 am

Hi All

I have an ugent query any answer in 1-2 hour will be helpful. I have an appointment booked in person for ILR a day after.
I am applying from TIer 2 ICT category . I have all the required document (company sponsorship,absensce letter,Payslips for last 1 yar , P60 for past 5 years, bank statement and all bla bl bla bla).
What is dont have is a permanent NI number , i never bothered taking a permanent NI number as i forgot all this while and my comany so far was doing all the NI contribution on temp NI number.

The Tem NI number is in my payslips but on P60s it is blank but P60 does so the deatils of my contribution which is duly paid by my company. It is a highly reputed IT offshore organatisation i belongs to , so NI was paid regularly.

I have applied for a Permanent NI number which will arrive in 1 month time but DWP have given me a document which have the detail of the interview i had for NI . I have applied for ILR without waiting for NI to arrive cause people suggested me that fees is going to increase from 1st appril and you never know ILR will be demolished like HSMP.

does my P60 are suffice to suggest the NI Contribution . Is it okie to go without NI ?
I have mentioned this in the covering letter that i am providing P60 for past 5 years (on Tier 2 ICT) adn applied for NI number recently .

I personnaly feel NI is not mandotry but an essensial to have . and since i am working on Tier 2 ICT my comany is duly paying my NI tax from my salary so should not be n issue.

Any Immediate Suggestion are welcome

Casa

Re: Applying ILR without NI

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:08 am

You may have a problem if you have been working for 5 years on a temporary NI number. This is from HMRC;
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/guidance/cwg2-chapter1.pdf
Temporary National Insurance numbers
We no longer accept temporary National Insurance numbers
on Employer Annual Returns (for example, any National
Insurance number beginning with ‘TN’). This applies no
matter which method you use to submit your returns. In all
cases you should try to get the National Insurance number
(see paragraph 4) and enter it on the P14

In which case, although you say the correct deductions are shown on your payslips and annual P60s I don't know how your employer is able to submit the return with a temporary NI number. HMRC ceased to accept these on employer annual returns in the tax year 2004/2005.
It may be wise to contact HMRC for advice before you apply for ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ilr_ni
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_ni » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:29 am

Hi
Since i came in year 2009 and HMRC stopped taking temp NI from 2013 so mine one still continues probably.
My employer has suggested that they could able to see my detail using Temp NI .Not sure how they are filing stil usingthe
Temp NI .

But had that been an issue how come UKBA is extending my VISA every year which i have done 3 time in UK .
Any suggestion will be welcome cause i can not re-schedule my appointemnt as 48 prior time is over

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:37 am

My only suggestion remains to contact the HMRC helpline before your appointment if you are concerned.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ilr_ni
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_ni » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:20 pm

HMRC not even willing to speak on TEMp NI number . ANy other thoughts .

Any other moderator please ?

pranav.vaidya

Post by pranav.vaidya » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Hi,

I'm not 100% sure, I think HO uses NI number to determine if you've been paying NI if you were earning the money you're claiming and also if you are using any benefits. (different visa categories different rules).

To be on safer side, I'd suggest wait until you get your perm. NI. As soon as you get it write to HMRC explaining your situation. Also send in as many supporting documents as possible such as your old payslips or perhaps letter from your employer stating last 5 years NI contribution.

If HO asks for an explanation about your temp NI you would have it covered by proving that you've contacted HMRC to sort out the temp NI issue. I think HMRC office is in Newcastle upon Tyne.

All the best.

Thanks.

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:33 pm

I will suggest to wait until you get your perm NI. Then ask your employer to update your NI information and make NI contribution on your salary for next couple of months. Also Inform HMRC about your new NI number and ask them to link it to your temp NI.
Then after a while ask HMRC about your complete employment history giving them your new NI number and see what records they hold against your new NI number. If they can track your 5 year employment history with your perm NI then I will say you are safe.

ilr_ni
Newly Registered

Post by ilr_ni » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:51 pm

Guys, i am writing this for lots of people who keep grappling about the outcome in immigration board queries.
Thanks to the guys who time off to reply but frankly speaking i was not on the same line as your thoughts were.
And I still went ahead with my appoointement. To your surpise my case was success with barely 15 minute of case
under consideration time , was a fastest one.This could probably enhance your knowledge and newbies i agree your
concers were genunine but more thoughts could have been applied . Thnks a lots to all of you for your time .

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:12 am

"More thoughts could have been applied?" Thanks for your appreciation of time spent by everybody. :? Hopefully you won't have need for further advice.
(Casa, not CR001)

hsmp_apr2010

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:43 am

What "More thoughts could have been applied?" . If you were so sure why did you ever panic and turned to this forum?