ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revised guidance to grant permission to stay 6-8 years???

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rosina90

Revised guidance to grant permission to stay 6-8 years???

Post by rosina90 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:35 pm

Hello there!

I came across this one from http://lifeintheuk.net/index.php/news/h ... migration/

Does this apply to all who want to apply for ILR 10 year route? or just for asylum seekers or illegal migrants?

====================================================================
REVISED RULES
As part of the efforts to clear the backlog the UKBA have dedicated huge administrative resources, including employing bulks of contract staff. However, other methods they have employed have included relaxing the rules that apply to these legacy cases.

Revised guidance was approved allowing caseworkers to grant permission to stay for applicants who had been in the UK for six to eight years. This is reduced from the ten to twelve year stay required at the start of the process.

The secure archive for cases where the applicant is untraceable is another measure which was reduced to simplify the process.
=======================================================================

Thank you!! Happy New year!!

lankool86
Newly Registered

Re: Revised guidance to grant permission to stay 6-8 years??

Post by lankool86 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Hi rosina90,
Thanks for your enlightment.. However i would like to know if that link you posted, was posted in that website this year 2015?.
This is because when i called the home office last 2 weeks ago to know what is going on with my case, the UKBA rep that attended to my call asked me how many years i have been in the UK for. This i found very unusual and skeptical because usually they do not ask such question. I have been in the UK for 7years 4and a half months.

Here is my immigration history for clarification and help to find out an answer to my unanswered misery if u can help it will be of great help:

I was sent a letter by the ukba capita on 14th october 2014 (case management team) that they are in the process of reviewing my case and will be grateful if i could complete the attached form to provide them with an update to my current circumstances as the information will assist in assessing my case. i was given 14days to complete and return d form. Which i did and sent to dem... They also replied to my email i sent and said: Dear Mr Onibiyo, Capita deal with historical cases, and are currently collecting up to date information about personal circumstances, which we then attach to the Home Office files, to help them make a decision on your case. We do not deal with fresh applications.

My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case from the above? also from the above last 3 paragraphs does it mean my case is been regarded as that of an historical case???

NOTE: I came in as a student in 14th october 2007 to study law(1year foundation and 3 years LLB law undergraduate) at london metropolitan University and in 2011 my extension under tier 4 was refused due to failing to meet the maintenance requirement(cos i submitted a scanned copy of my sponsor bank statement and it was one month old) which they are still using against me and i just got only one semester more to complete my degree.

My attendance in class is satisfactory

I appealed and the refusal was upheld by judge on the same issue not taking into account new evidence.

I Seek legal advice and was wrongly advised and put in discretionary leave application. dat was also refused in july 2013.

i was detained for some couple of hours same year and was released. started to report without failure till present.

i was also detained in june 2014 despite i had JR pending decision which was refused. applied for oral hearing that too was refused but was given right to appeal.

i have spent a total of 7years and 4months in the UK (British friends British relatives and member of a religious associations) with no criminal record but with disability.

no partner but child(just undergo a DNA test as requested by social services to know if i'm the father of my baby in care as the mum put her in care without my consent) but i have cousins and uncles in the UK who are all well established British citizens who had written to the UKBA on my behalf as well despite my new solicitor representation

Finally i will appreciate if my question( My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case?) is been answered taking into account my immigration history i stated.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Larry

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:08 pm

That relates to legacy cases.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:51 am

Hi Amber,
Thanks for that. I would also like to ask you if Legacy case still existed as at last year 2014?. The reason being that:

I was sent a letter by the ukba capita on 14th october 2014 (case management team) that they are in the process of reviewing my case and will be grateful if i could complete the attached form to provide them with an update to my current circumstances as the information will assist in assessing my case. i was given 14days to complete and return d form. Which i did and sent to dem... They also replied to my email i sent and said: Dear Mr Onibiyo, Capita deal with historical cases, and are currently collecting up to date information about personal circumstances, which we then attach to the Home Office files, to help them make a decision on your case. We do not deal with fresh applications.

I called the home office last 2 weeks ago to know what is going on with my case, the UKBA rep that attended to my call asked me how many years i have been in the UK for. This i found very unusual and skeptical because usually they do not ask such question. I have been in the UK for 7years 4 and a half months.
My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case from the above? also from the above last 3 paragraphs does it mean my case is been regarded as that of an historical case???

NOTE: I came in as a student in 14th october 2007 to study law(1year foundation and 3 years LLB law undergraduate) at london metropolitan University and in 2011 my extension under tier 4 was refused due to failing to meet the maintenance requirement(cos i submitted a scanned copy of my sponsor bank statement and it was one month old) which they are still using against me and i just got only one semester more to complete my degree.

My attendance in class is satisfactory

I appealed and the refusal was upheld by judge on the same issue not taking into account new evidence.

I Seek legal advice and was wrongly advised and put in discretionary leave application. dat was also refused in july 2013.

i was detained for some couple of hours same year and was released. started to report without failure till present.

i was also detained in june 2014 despite i had JR pending decision which was refused. applied for oral hearing that too was refused but was given right to appeal.

i have spent a total of 7years and 4months in the UK (British friends British relatives and member of a religious associations) with no criminal record but with disability.

no partner but child(just undergo a DNA test as requested by social services to know if i'm the father of my baby in care as the mum put her in care without my consent) but i have cousins and uncles in the UK who are all well established British citizens who had written to the UKBA on my behalf as well despite my new solicitor representation

Finally i will appreciate if my question( My question is:
1) is my case been considered and transferred under the legacy case?) is been answered taking into account my immigration history i stated.

Hope to hear from you as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards,
Larry

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:20 pm

Amber wrote:That relates to legacy cases.
Hi Amber,

I don't think it relates to only legacy cases alone as it never said it was... Also from my own personal research and those I asked recently(Friday)that knows more said those who has been here for btw 6-8years will be considered to be granted permission to stay...

Deewani
Canada

Post by Deewani » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:16 pm

I dont think this is happening nowdays....i guess this is at least 3-5 years old policy...have you not heard of case of Mr singh...he was here for 19 years...yet refused recently

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC/2015/134.html

lankool86
Newly Registered

Post by lankool86 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:01 pm

Deewani wrote:I dont think this is happening nowdays....i guess this is at least 3-5 years old policy...have you not heard of case of Mr singh...he was here for 19 years...yet refused recently

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC/2015/134.html
Hi deewani,
Thanks for your reply and case study provided..Surprisingly that judge is known fo rejecting Jr..he was the one that preceded my case as well..he was horrible nd dearly beloved...Besides,from this case, the main reason for d rejection was that there was no sufficient evidence that claimant was in the country for the said period they claimed...Also, you can't use one ruling to generalise.it all depends on the circumstance of your case and the evidences you put forward for such claim to be regarded as acceptable by d home office and as the case may b the court if it get to that..