ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sma_tier1

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by sma_tier1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Congratulations.

When did the BRP card got delivered to you ?

Thanks,

Dmaswtart
Newly Registered

Post by Dmaswtart » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:16 pm

sma_tier1 wrote:Congratulations.

When did the BRP card got delivered to you ?

Thanks,

Thanks mate. They've issued me an approval letter and stated that we should receive the BRP in 7 working days. Waiting :)

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi Dmaswtart

Congratulations!!!!!!! can you please share the format of the letter provided by the employer. My ILR coming up in 3 weeks. pls help

Fay

montysingh

Post by montysingh » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:15 pm

Dmaswtart wrote:Hi,

I've been a silent member on this forum, but it has provided me a great insight into preparation of my ILR application, for which I'm extremely thankful.

Our recent ILR application was successful and I would like to share my experience which may be of help to others applying through this route. I am not the most experienced in this area, but happy to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

1. Category - ILR through the Tier 1 (General) Route
2. Number of dependents - 1
3. Total cost - £2986
4. PEO branch - Glasgow
5. Documents provided
a.) Set (O) Application Form, Payment Confirmation and Appointment Letter
b.) Photographs - 2 X Main Applicant and 2 X Dependent
C.) Payslips - 12 months
d.) Bank Statements - 12 months
e.) Life in the UK Test Letters - Main Applicant and Dependent
f.) English Language Knowledge - Degree Certificates for both Main Applicant and Dependent
g.) Absence Letter from Employer - Though my absences were < 180 days, since I had a letter from my Employer, I submitted it.
h.) P60's - 4 years
i.) Reference Letter - Again, I was provided one by my employer, so took it along, though I don't think it's mandatory.
j.) Passports and BRP Cards - Main Applicant and Dependent
i.) Co-habitation Evidence - 3 years Council Tax letters, 3 years Rental Agreements, 2 years Joint Account Statements (I printed locally and got it stamped by the bank)
j.) Covering Letter - To disclose 2 FPN's for littering offences. Did not go to court/result in a conviction etc. Just paid the penalty and that was the end of it. According to the form, FPN's need not be disclosed, but I did not want to leave anything to chance.
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years - No
7. Any Additional Comments - I had carried additional cohab documents just in case. In addition to these I also carried photo copies of all the above, which I believe helped speed up the process.

I believe the most important paperwork that was of interest for those applying under this route are the Payslips, Bank Statements, Life in the UK test pass and English Language Knowledge, because that were the ones they were more keen on seeing. Also the staff were very polite and professional. The whole process took around 2 hours.

I think I have not missed anything and as said earlier feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge. All the best!

Thanks

Hello mate

Congrats on your ILR

Please can you answer regarding your cohab documents----------- i.) Co-habitation Evidence - 3 years Council Tax letters, 3 years Rental Agreements, 2 years Joint Account Statements (I printed locally and got it stamped by the bank). You onl y provided 3 things and nothing else because i was under the impression that you need to provide 6 documents.

thanks

avodafone
Newly Registered

Post by avodafone » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:28 am

Hi guys,
got my BRP yesterday...within 3 days

Thanks

Dmaswtart
Newly Registered

Post by Dmaswtart » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:45 pm

FayEng wrote:Hi Dmaswtart

Congratulations!!!!!!! can you please share the format of the letter provided by the employer. My ILR coming up in 3 weeks. pls help

Fay
Hi,

Are you looking for the Absence Letter or Reference Letter?

Thanks

Dmaswtart
Newly Registered

Post by Dmaswtart » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:48 pm

montysingh wrote:
Dmaswtart wrote:Hi,

I've been a silent member on this forum, but it has provided me a great insight into preparation of my ILR application, for which I'm extremely thankful.

Our recent ILR application was successful and I would like to share my experience which may be of help to others applying through this route. I am not the most experienced in this area, but happy to answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

1. Category - ILR through the Tier 1 (General) Route
2. Number of dependents - 1
3. Total cost - £2986
4. PEO branch - Glasgow
5. Documents provided
a.) Set (O) Application Form, Payment Confirmation and Appointment Letter
b.) Photographs - 2 X Main Applicant and 2 X Dependent
C.) Payslips - 12 months
d.) Bank Statements - 12 months
e.) Life in the UK Test Letters - Main Applicant and Dependent
f.) English Language Knowledge - Degree Certificates for both Main Applicant and Dependent
g.) Absence Letter from Employer - Though my absences were < 180 days, since I had a letter from my Employer, I submitted it.
h.) P60's - 4 years
i.) Reference Letter - Again, I was provided one by my employer, so took it along, though I don't think it's mandatory.
j.) Passports and BRP Cards - Main Applicant and Dependent
i.) Co-habitation Evidence - 3 years Council Tax letters, 3 years Rental Agreements, 2 years Joint Account Statements (I printed locally and got it stamped by the bank)
j.) Covering Letter - To disclose 2 FPN's for littering offences. Did not go to court/result in a conviction etc. Just paid the penalty and that was the end of it. According to the form, FPN's need not be disclosed, but I did not want to leave anything to chance.
7. Any Additional Comments - I had carried additional cohab documents just in case. In addition to these I also carried photo copies of all the above, which I believe helped speed up the process.

I believe the most important paperwork that was of interest for those applying under this route are the Payslips, Bank Statements, Life in the UK test pass and English Language Knowledge, because that were the ones they were more keen on seeing. Also the staff were very polite and professional. The whole process took around 2 hours.

I think I have not missed anything and as said earlier feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my knowledge. All the best!

Thanks

Hello mate

Congrats on your ILR

Please can you answer regarding your cohab documents----------- i.) Co-habitation Evidence - 3 years Council Tax letters, 3 years Rental Agreements, 2 years Joint Account Statements (I printed locally and got it stamped by the bank). You onl y provided 3 things and nothing else because i was under the impression that you need to provide 6 documents.

thanks

Thanks mate. Yes, I was not asked for any additional co-hab documents. They were happy with the above as they covered the last 2 years and were from 3 different sources.

Thanks

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Hi Dmaswtart

Hello Mate I am looking for absence letter. Can you please share the format?

Thanks

Fay

Dmaswtart
Newly Registered

Post by Dmaswtart » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:26 pm

FayEng wrote:Hi Dmaswtart

Hello Mate I am looking for absence letter. Can you please share the format?

Thanks

Fay
Below is the template of the absence letter. It's not mandatory for absences < 180 days, but I carried it just in case. From dates were the arrival date in destination country and To dates are the arrival date back in the UK. Hope this helps!

Home Office

Date

Direct telephone number: XXXXX

E-mail XXXXX

FAX: XXXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Employee Name Employee Number: XXXX

Please see details below of _________ absence history since his start date _________, advising of work related absences and periods of paid annual leave from the UK.

YYYY
• From - To

YYYY
• From - To

YYYY
• From - To

YYYY
• From - To

Any questions or queries at all please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Yours faithfully,

HR Advisor

FayEng

Post by FayEng » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:37 pm

Thanks a lot

Fay

REQUEST1

Post by REQUEST1 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:28 pm

HI all,
Thank you for all your support and advices.my ILR got approved in croydon under Tier 2 dependent.
submitted the required documents as mentioned in this forum.straight forward, approved..

Many thanks to everyone.
RJ

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:09 pm

Had my appointment at 8:40 on 20/03/2014, reached at 8:00am and parked at the Whitgift carpark opposite the Croydon office. I was allowed straight in accompanied by my spouse. I was given the token number and got the biometrics done in 20mins. Then they confirmed the success of my application by 11:45am.

1. Category. Tier 2 General
2. Number of dependents. None
3. Total cost. €1493
4. PEO branch. Croydon
5. Documents provided.
Section 1 – Applicant Details
– Passports (Current and Previous)
– Biometric Residence Permit

Section 4– Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK
– Life in the UK Test Certificates
– Original Degree Certificate of
– Points Based System calculation for points for English

Section 5 – Your Home and Finances
– Council Tax bills- 2years
– Electoral Registration Card
– Last 12 Months Bank Account Statement

Section 6 – Immigration History
– Absences from the UK Letter
– Absences Letter from Current Employer
– Absences Letter from Previous Employer

Section 8 – Photographs X 2

Section 11P – Tier 2 Migrant
– Letter from Employer (SOC Code, Current Salary and other details as
mentioned in this section)
– Last 12 month Payslips
– Last 12 months Bank Statements (as per Section:5 Your home and Finances)– Last 4 years P60

Good luck to all!

Anndeep

Post by Anndeep » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:58 pm

How long is it taking these days to deliver the BRP?

tinuct
Newly Registered

Post by tinuct » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi All,
Thanks a lot for everyone for sharing their experience and valuable information, it was so helpful and much appreciated...
My ILR application was successful and likes to share my experience.
1. Category. ILR - Tier 1 General
2. Number of dependents - 0
3. Total cost - -1493
4. PEO branch – Solihull
Staffs were really amazing, so helpful and was so polite (From Security guards to all)
Shown my Appointment confirmation
5. Documents provided (I’m a IT Contractor and working through my LTD Company)
• Payment Confirmation Doc
• SET (O) form
• Tier1 Cover Letter and breakdown of document list
• Passports / BRP cards and Photographs (Please take a photocopy of Passports)
• KOL - Print outs from PBS calculator awarding 10 points for English
• Life in the UK certificate
• My MSc degree certificate & Original transcripts.
• Personal bank statements
• Company bank statements
• 3 months bank statement covering £945 (I didn’t get my statement on time because of the top service provided by Santander, that is a Long story, I got printed my Mini Statement from branch and got sealed and signed)
• Limited Company Certificates
• Company registration
• VAT registration
• Cover letter explaining my holidays (I put cover letter explaining in very simple and attached photocopy of stamps in passports and E-tickets)
• Last 12 months salary slips
• Last 12 months dividend vouchers
• Letter from Accountant confirming about my Ltd Company and break up of personal account (Salary/Dividend)
• Directors report fromaccountant
• My company’s contracts with clients
• Invoices
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years.
I put cover letter explaining in very simple and attached photocopy of stamps in passports and E-tickets, nothing asked from case worker.
7. Any Additional Comments – Experience in PEO
• Parked my car @ John Lewis secured Car Park, (need to pay) only 2 minutes away from the centre. My Appointment was @12, reached in the centre by 11, but sends me back and told to come by 1145.
• Went again @ 1145, had the security search and issued my token, asked me to wait for my turn, after 10-15 called me for to submitting docs.
• Was a good staff with an Indian origin , collected all docs,she returned me the payment sheet in SET(O) form, because I paid the fees online , shown the Payment Confirmation and asked me whether I got a copy of my Passports, I wasn’t carrying any , but she took it from there itself. I explained all my docs provided, lastly I said I got this & this docs with me, do you need that too? She replied if anything supporting the application you can provide. For eg: Directors report from accountant, my company’s contracts with clients, Invoices provided these too. I put a sticky note on the top of each doc to make them clear.
• 10-15 minutes later called for my BRP, after BRP asked me to wait and 10 minutes later Security guard told I’m free to leave the premises and can expect a call in 2 hrs.
• Roamed around in the shopping centre a bit after an hour received a call from visa centre saying , need a clarification in my Payslips, my accountant put my 4 month pay in a single Pay Slip, (actually got paid in separate 4 months),he said he can’t see this payment in my bank statements, I made him clear, it’s a 4 months’ pay in a single slip.( Please make sure to go through all of your docs to answer if any queries come like this)
• Bit nervous after the first call, after an hour received the 2nd call to collect the docs. My heart was pumping not as normal , returned back to centre asked to provide the token and the staff smiled and announced “ Your Visa is Granted….” It was a big big big relief 
• Once again thanking all the members in this forum for amazing support and advises.
Cheers guys, any questions would be welcome.
Wishing everyone good luck with their applications.

Regards

Tinu

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:51 am

Hi Tinu,

Congratulations for successfull ILR. Hope u r having a relaxing day after ILR.

I'm also an IT Contractor working thru my own Limited Company. I have a PEO appointment for ILR in the coming week, please help me with the following questions;
Q1. Set (O) form>> Section 5>> 5.3: ''what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?''
Please let me know how to calculate this when u receive your income thru both Salary and Dividend (pleae note that i have taken only two Dividends in the last one year).
Q2. Set (O) form>> Section 7>> 7.11: ''How long have you lived in the UK?... Please provide details of absence of more than six months during that time''
My understanding from this question is that i should include all my stay in the UK irrespective of it's relevance to Tier 1 (General) Visa time, is it right?
Q3. If i'm right in Question above; I'm here in UK since 2006 (around 2.5 years on Student Visa+ 2 years PSW Visa+ Tier 1 (General)) but has a CONTINUOUS absence of 6 months and 25 days when i was on PSW Visa, reasons for this are family issues back home/IT training...
Please let me know whether this long absence on PSW Visa in any way affect my application if i state my ''Reason for absence'' as Family Visit/IT training...

Please reply. Gurus/Senior members or any one out there who read this post and can help, please reply as soon as you can, your help is much appreciated.

Best regards
k_tier1

tinuct
Newly Registered

Post by tinuct » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:50 am

Hi k_tier1,
Thanks mate and much relaxed now.
My Answers are below.

Q1. I put £800 in the section 5.3, that is the minimum salary i was taking each month ...I was taking my dividend each month, i dint put any info regarding Dividend in the 5.3.

Q2 Q3 I'm in the UK since October 2006, Same as yours, Student Visa , PSW + Tier1, but i don't have any continuous absence for 6 months.
I don't think its shouldn't be a problem , because that was in your PSW period, in section 6 anyway you are providing the Immigration history for your Tier1 period . So i put 8 years and 5 months. Please refer below links.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 24493.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 63946.html
http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 55447.html
In the absence letter you are putting travel history of 5 years only(Tier 1), so i dont think they will come to know about your absence in PSW periods, anyway please refer with other members too. Guys please help .....

Regards
Tinu

lawabidingimmigrant

Tier 2 (General) ILR Success - Feb 2015

Post by lawabidingimmigrant » Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:22 pm

Many thanks to forum members who directly or indirectly helped with valuable inputs for the ILR application.

1. Category.: Tier 2 (General)
2. Number of dependents.: 0
3. Total cost.£1493
4. PEO branch.: Croydon
5. Total time: 40 mins in total & was out of PEO with ILR approval letter & original documents in 40 mins!
6. Documents provided.:
- Payment Sheet
- Application form SET (O) With Photographs
- Passport (Current and Previous)
- Life in the UK Test Certificate
- Last 3 Months bank statements + 3 months payslips with employer stamp, date & signature + 4 P60s
- Letters from current & previous employer confirming employment & absences from UK
- Degree Certificate
- Absence sheet
- Mortgage statement

Biometric card arrived in 6 working days

Good luck everyone. Keep it simple & straightforward.

amanhydra
Newly Registered

Post by amanhydra » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:35 pm

Joining to the ever-growing list of grateful people who have made use this site. Thanks to all who took time to post their findings/stories and special thanks to the ppl who are running the forum. (Having said all that) .. I got my ILR approved last week.

Tier 2 (ICT) to Tier 2 (General) to ILR - 6 years in UK - Premium Appointment - Document List from other posts - can expand if it would help anybody.

Happy to pay-it-forward - feel free to ask questions.

amanhydra
Newly Registered

Post by amanhydra » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:37 pm

Anndeep wrote:How long is it taking these days to deliver the BRP?
Application was on Friday, got the BRP on Tuesday.

Ygnas123
Newly Registered

Post by Ygnas123 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi all,

As many others who posted in this thread, I have been an avid reader of this thread for some time before I made my application for ILR successfully around two weeks back. My dependants and I received our BRP cards the third working day after appearing the premium appointment.

I am posting this here for the benefit of other users. I am also extremely thankful to this user community for the helpful advice available here.

Category - Tier 2 ICT
No. Of applicants - 3 (main applicant, wife and son)
PSC - Glasgow
Docs:
A simple covering letter that explained the docs I incorporated
Set O form duly filled in
Photographs 2 each
Payment sheet print out (left the payment page in the form empty)
Printout of email confirmation
Employer letter stating that I am required to be on continuous employment, first date of entry, salary, SOC etc
Employer letter stating absences from UK in the qualifying period (only 60 odd days )
Bank statements previous 12 months
Employer attested pay slips -12 months
Life in the UK pass letter - main applicant's and wife's
Degree certificates - main applicant's (UK masters) and wife's (Indian bachelors)
PBS assessment printout - main applicant's and wife's (used the tier 1 general option)
Cohabitation docs covering 2 years. Had about 24 of thOse from council, NHS, banks, electoral registrar etc.

The process was really simple with help and guidance from the HO staff. We came out after the appointment in about 2:15 hours.

Points to note:
Read the guidance in HO website. The guidance there is clear on most aspects.
On the timing of your application, one should apply within 28 days (earliest) of the fifth anniversary of the entry clearance stamp (if one entered within 90 days of the EC start) or the actual entry

Thanks, and Good luck to all applicants.

helphelp84
Newly Registered

Post by helphelp84 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:36 pm

Thanks everyone for your help and advice.
I got my ILR approved today. :D

Current Visa: Tier 1 General - 5 years
Visa office: Croydon
Form: Set(O)

Appointment time: 11am (arrived at 10.40am)
Waiting time till approval: 3 hours (was told that there were lots of trainee case workers today. After they have approved it, they have to pass to senior case worker to check it through hence why it took that long)

Advice: Take some reading material along or tablet, the waiting period wasn't very easy. I did choose to stay put at the cafe rather than going out and back in again.

If it helps anyone, the submitted documents were (ordered in these sequence):-

Original
- current passport
- previous passports
- biometric card
- Visa payment printout
- Application form
- 12 months payslips
- 12 months bank statement (paper copy) + 26th Feb till 25th March 2015 online statement (stamped by bank in every page
- Payslip spreadsheet listing gross + net amounts
- Life in the UK result
- Degree certificate
- Employer letter (stating title, annual leave entitlement, business trips)
- Spreadsheet listing absence out of the UK
-- date out of the UK
-- date back to the UK
-- destination
-- purpose
-- duration (in days)

Photocopies
- current passport
- previous passports
- biometric card
- 12 months payslips
- 12 months bank statement (paper copy) + 26th Feb till 25th March 2015 online statement (stamped by bank in every page
- Life in the UK result
- Degree certificate

Good luck to those who is applying!

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:16 am

Hi,

My recent ILR application was successful and I would like to thank all the guys who replied to my queries and the moderators/Gurus/Members...for helping guys like me while applying for Visas. Let me share some of the important info here now.

1. Category - ILR through Tier 1 (General) 5 year Route
2. Number of dependents - None
3. PEO branch - Solihull
4. Documents provided
Appointment Letter, Payment Confirmation sheet
a.) Passports (Old & New) and BRP Card
b) Covering letter - An explanation for my absences was given in the covering letter itself. Didn't tick any box in section 6.3 of the Immigration History
c) Set (O) Application Form (PLEASE NOTE THAT A NEW SET(O) APPLICATION HAS BEEN UPLOADED TODAY 06/04/2014)
d.) Photographs - 2
e.) Payslips - Last 10 months
d) Dividend Vouchers - 2
d.) Bank Statements (Personal and Business)- Last 10 months
e.) Accountant letter, Invoices, CT Returns (CT 600) that was submitted to HMRC just a few days ago after my company's accounting period date
f.) Certificate of Company Incorporation & Company information summary from Companies House
g) Life in the UK Test Letter
h) Qualification - M Sc Degree certificate obtained in UK (It was already submitted before as part of my previous application but submitted again just in case)
7. Any Additional Comments - Relevant photo copies were asked in particular and submitted accordingly

The processing time was 4 hours. No further questions asked.

Feel free to ask any queries u mite have that i can help. I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

All the best!

Thank you very much once again for this Forum and every one who is a part of it.

regards
k_tier1

srh
Newly Registered

Post by srh » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi Friends,

I have PEO appointment next week, please can any one confirm that old fees paid is still accepted if you have booked before 6th April.

Thanks,
SRH

ILR21
Newly Registered

Post by ILR21 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:50 pm

k_tier1 wrote:Hi,

My recent ILR application was successful and I would like to thank all the guys who replied to my queries and the moderators/Gurus/Members...for helping guys like me while applying for Visas. Let me share some of the important info here now.

1. Category - ILR through Tier 1 (General) 5 year Route
2. Number of dependents - None
3. PEO branch - Solihull
4. Documents provided
Appointment Letter, Payment Confirmation sheet
a.) Passports (Old & New) and BRP Card
b) Covering letter - An explanation for my absences was given in the covering letter itself. Didn't tick any box in section 6.3 of the Immigration History
c) Set (O) Application Form (PLEASE NOTE THAT A NEW SET(O) APPLICATION HAS BEEN UPLOADED TODAY 06/04/2014)
d.) Photographs - 2
e.) Payslips - Last 10 months
d) Dividend Vouchers - 2
d.) Bank Statements (Personal and Business)- Last 10 months
e.) Accountant letter, Invoices, CT Returns (CT 600) that was submitted to HMRC just a few days ago after my company's accounting period date
f.) Certificate of Company Incorporation & Company information summary from Companies House
g) Life in the UK Test Letter
h) Qualification - M Sc Degree certificate obtained in UK (It was already submitted before as part of my previous application but submitted again just in case)
7. Any Additional Comments - Relevant photo copies were asked in particular and submitted accordingly

The processing time was 4 hours. No further questions asked.

Feel free to ask any queries u mite have that i can help. I will answer to the best of my knowledge.

All the best!

Thank you very much once again for this Forum and every one who is a part of it.

regards
k_tier1

Hi k_tier1,

Could you please tell what did you fill in section 4.3 (English Language Requirement) of the new SET(O) form as the options have now changed?
In particular if you are someone who was relying on the Points Based Calculator to prove your Langauge Skills on the old application form, the new application form does not have an obvious option and also the new Points Based Calculator doesnt any longer have a Tier1(General) option.

-Thanks

k_tier1

Post by k_tier1 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:47 am

Hi ILR21,

I'm not sure about the new SET(O) application but selected tick boxes against

Life in the UK test pass (for Knowledge of life in the UK requirement) and

A degree taught or researched in English (for Knowledge of language in the UK requirement, Please note that in my case this was obtained as part of my Masters in UK)

I hope it helps. Thanks.

k_tier1