ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent need help!!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ramo
Newly Registered

Urgent need help!!!

Post by Ramo » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:04 pm

Hello all,

I appreciate your help. I am an asylum applicant. Before applying to asylum, I had a Tire-4 visa with a "Work Restricted-Student" work privilege. I have been studying MSc before applying to asylum and part of my course is a one-year placement, which I can apply to and undertake with the "Work Restricted-Student" privilege I had with the Tire-4 visa.
When I applied to asylum, I got the same privilege to work within the UK as "Work Restricted-Student" written on my ARC card. I applied to a placement, which is approved by the University, and the company requested a proof.

I had my first asylum interview about two and a half months ago and waiting for my second one. I have been sent a letter of "Temporary Admission but still liable to to be detained" from the home office.
I called the immigration office and different departments non gave me an answer. I even sent a mail illustrating my inquiry about ten days ago with no answer. On my last call they advised me to consult a lawyer to give advise on what to do. What can I do I am running short on time for the application of the placement. Do I need a confirmation from the case working study about my status to allow me apply for the placement or I have the right to apply as my status didn't change before and after applying to asylum of being a student?

Please any help, any one had this same situation.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Urgent need help!!!

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:44 am

@ Ramo, why didn't you complete your course and placement before applying for asylum?
But now that you have already applied for asylum, you have end up complicating your iimmigration history and unless you have a very compelling asylum case, it might be very difficult to win the asylum case.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.