ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgently seeking info r.e homeless

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meemoo2015
Newly Registered

urgently seeking info r.e homeless

Post by meemoo2015 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi,

I have a rather long story but am in need of some advice, i was born in he UK my dad is English and my Mother Portuguese, I lived and worked in England and also gave birth to my now 6 yr old daughter. I left in June of 2012 when I decided to leave and move to Portugal, I have also worked in Portugal and have gained residence here.

I am now fleeing the Country due to domestic violence, i left my apartment 4 weeks ago when my then partner was punching me in the face and dragging me around by my hair I had my 7 week old baby in my hands and he was pullin at her. My daughter is Portuguese and was registered here, i have not yet had time to start her uk citizenship yet.
My eldest daughter return to the uk last week as she has been hitting other kids at school due to witnessing the violence, my new born baby has severe stomach problems which they call colic. She doesn't drink milk and has only gained a kilo since birth and she cannot poo on her own, she is constantly screaming. My doctor has stated in her notes this is all due to fetal stress that she suffered when i was pregnant and subject to my abusive partner.

I want to return to the uk, i have spoken to womens aid, housing benefit, homelessness and social workers at my local council.

In Portugal i have been to APAV which is like womens aid, social worker, doctors and constantly in touch with the British Embassy.

What i want to know is am i entilted to help, i have no job or money nowhere to live in either countries, my ex wont give me my car my bank card etc.

My daughter is livig with her father in his bedroom as he still lives with his parents, she is due to start school after the easter hols.

My baby has lots of medicine which i can't afford and none of the above i have contacted from england have got back in touch with me, im becoming so desperate.

Please can someone provide me with some advice.

Edit- I never pressed charges and I cannot due to wanting her notary to be signed so we can leave the Country. He will not sign unless I keep quiet.

The abuse started in August of 2013 after we moved in together, the social worker in Portugal also put a protective order out for my daughter as he has been caught with possession of drugs.

Much appreciated