ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa to attend UK Job interview

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tnirmalkum
Newly Registered

Visa to attend UK Job interview

Post by tnirmalkum » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:11 am

Hi, I am currently employed in India. One of the companies in UK wants me to travel to UK at their office to attend interview. I do have invitation letter from UK employer. Which visa type should I apply and what is the percentage of success in getting the visa done for a job interview.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visa to attend UK Job interview

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:50 am

tnirmalkum wrote:Hi, I am currently employed in India. One of the companies in UK wants me to travel to UK at their office to attend interview. I do have invitation letter from UK employer. Which visa type should I apply and what is the percentage of success in getting the visa done for a job interview.
I doubt you'd be successful, there is no visa that would fit the bill. Can't they Skype? Do they have a sponsorship licence?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

tnirmalkum
Newly Registered

Post by tnirmalkum » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:34 pm

Wanderer wrote:
tnirmalkum wrote:Hi, I am currently employed in India. One of the companies in UK wants me to travel to UK at their office to attend interview. I do have invitation letter from UK employer. Which visa type should I apply and what is the percentage of success in getting the visa done for a job interview.
I doubt you'd be successful, there is no visa that would fit the bill. Can't they Skype? Do they have a sponsorship licence?
Hi, The travel will be only for couple of days.
Should I apply for tourist visa instead ?
I think the employer don't have a sponsorship licence yet but will apply if they find me suitable for their requirement.
Last edited by tnirmalkum on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:08 pm

tnirmalkum wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Hi, The employer in UK is going to sponsor my travel and logistics. The travel will be only for couple of days. I am planning to apply for General Visitor Visa category. Will this visa type would also be likely to be unsuccessful ?
Should I apply for tourist visa instead ?
I think the employer don't have a sponsorship licence yet but will apply if they find me suitable for their requirement.
What's ur skill set? Would you be exempt from the fact the employer has to check no UK or EU person cannot do this role?

TBH, a visa to attend an interview with a company that doesn't even have a licence to sponsor is 100% doomed....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....