ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizen: General Visitor Visa or Family Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adnanjamil
Newly Registered

British Citizen: General Visitor Visa or Family Visitor Visa

Post by adnanjamil » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi,

My wife and I are British Citizens. I (the sponsor) intend to invite my sister in law (wife's sister) for 2 weeks visit (to see my new house and she is also bringing back my daughter, also British, who is in India with grand parents).
1. Can she apply as General Visitor?
2. Is it mandatory that she needs to apply as Family Visitor only?
The reason I wish to apply for her General Visit visa is ---- it is just around £80 as compared to £1000 for Family visa.

Please advise

Thanks in advance

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizen: General Visitor Visa or Family Visitor

Post by SSWSZ » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:34 pm

How is it possible ? She can apply for family visitor visa which cost the same as general visitor . The only difference between these visa is that the visitor coming to uk is visiting family or just want to visit uk with no relatives at all
ss

adnanjamil
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizen: General Visitor Visa or Family Visitor

Post by adnanjamil » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:37 pm

Sorry I have surely got information incorrectly. If the fee is same, then it solves the problem.

Thanks again