ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeals

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sunnyday

Appeals

Post by sunnyday » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:41 pm

Under what circumstances can you make an appeal? Taking an example of ILR, would you be able to make an appeal if your visa is still valid for say another 2 years?

Jeff Albright

Re: Appeals

Post by Jeff Albright » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:03 am

sunnyday wrote:Under what circumstances can you make an appeal?
You make an appeal against a decision made under the Immigration Rules and other applicable legislation such as Human Rights or Refugee Convension, which was in force in the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland at the date a decision was taken, if you reasonably believe that the UK Authorities have made an error of law by failing to consider material facts of your case, which would have overwise allowed them to reach a completely different decision.
Taking an example of ILR, would you be able to make an appeal if your visa is still valid for say another 2 years?
I don't understand this. If you have ILR, you do not have time limit of it, as "indefinite" means "without time limit". If you are within the currency of your visa, why would you want to appeal? Appeal what?!

tekaweni

Post by tekaweni » Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:32 am

Or do you mean an unsuccessful ILR application? If so, it depends on what grounds it was refused. Your question is too general, can you narrow it down a bit?
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten

Teebee1959
Newly Registered

Asylum Seeker.

Post by Teebee1959 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:21 am

Hello am new to this and after reading through I know I will get meaningful advice on here. I claimed asylum based oh my sexuality been Bi in uk my claim was rejected but give me right to appeal which I did and waiting for the case review next month. I don't know what that is all about. I was in a bomb blast way back home which has really affected me a lot. I have medical issues as well and I was diagnosed for depression and anxiety have had series of appointment with the mental health nurse and am on waiting list to get a support worker who will be taking me out of the house once in a while I told my solicitor about my medical health and he told me he's going to get a medical report the necessary source. My girlfriend is an Irish and she's 3 month pregnant but we not living together cos I was release on bail to a different address . Am really worried cos I don't know what to do. It's a year now that I have claimed asylum And I have not applied for any support from the home office and never missed my signing with them. My solicitor keeps telling me that because of the things I said to them during my interview that my credibility is really bad.
Pls kindly advice me on what to do.

Thanks

Teebee1959
Newly Registered

Post by Teebee1959 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:03 am

Hello am new to this and after reading through I know I will get meaningful advice on here. I did my post graduate in london then went back home and later came back to the uk through dubli . After i got picked up I claimed asylum based on my sexuality been Bi in uk my claim was rejected but give me right to appeal which I did and waiting for my appeal hearing in January 2016. I was in a bomb blast way back home which has really affected me a lot. I have medical issues as well and I was diagnosed for depression and anxiety have had series of appointment with the mental health nurse. I told my solicitor about my medical health and he told me he's going to get a medical report from the necessary source. My girlfriend is an Irish and we had a baby in October but we not living together cos I was release on bail to a different address . Am really worried cos I don't know what to do. It's over a year now that I have claimed asylum. My solicitor keeps telling me that because of the things I said to them during my interview that my credibility is really bad. My girlfriend is still going through divorce too.
Pls kindly advice me on what to do.

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:29 pm

If your girlfriend is Irish, then your child may be Irish or British or both.

You could apply for leave on that basis.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors