ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

business should be profitable

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cappachino
Member of Standing

business should be profitable

Post by cappachino » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:00 pm

As per guidence page 57
states the following

Money deposited in a bank account, even if it is in a United Kingdom business bank account, is
not counted as investment in business. The money should be used in the business to encourage
growth or expansion, to improve services or products and to ensure the business is profitable.

My question is what if the business makes a loss
in business there are no guarantees
so will they reject our application based on that we made a loss
Also first year most businesses make a loss and then this is carried forward to the next year so if there is a small profit next year it will be a net loss unless we make enough to eradicate the previous years loss
any oppion and advise will be appreciated

nasirkhan
- thin ice -

Re: business should be profitable

Post by nasirkhan » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:35 pm

Dear Cappa,

You've got the visa which is the necessary but not the sufficient condition to succeed. What HO wants is people investing their money in UK. I am amazed that you are more worried about your extension than success in business which is your career and bread and butter. Just concentrate on your business and try to make it work and everything else will fall into place.

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:50 pm

nasirkhan wrote:Dear Cappa,

You've got the visa which is the necessary but not the sufficient condition to succeed. What HO wants is people investing their money in UK. I am amazed that you are more worried about your extension than success in business which is your career and bread and butter. Just concentrate on your business and try to make it work and everything else will fall into place.
Well my main aim is to get the extension and secondary is making money
for me extention ando ILR are assets and if I end up making a loss and getting the ILR I would consider it as break even

solomondid

Post by solomondid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 pm

... you're a genius!
Solomon

sweetad

Post by sweetad » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:43 am

it is not necessary that the business should be making profit , all is concerned that you should be running your business and meet the requirements specified

cappachino
Member of Standing

Post by cappachino » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:53 am

sweetad wrote:it is not necessary that the business should be making profit , all is concerned that you should be running your business and meet the requirements specified
So why does the guidance include the word
PROFITABLE