ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help: Visitor visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

victor80
Newly Registered

Please help: Visitor visa for parents

Post by victor80 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi,
I am planning to bring my parents on a Family visitor visa to the UK.I am on ILR.
Can someone on this forum please help me with the following:
1) I understand that for rented properties, Tenancy agreement will serve as a proof for accommodation. What about owned(mortgaged) properties?
2) I have been a permanent employee until December last year. I started freelancing via my own limited company this January.
I did not draw any salary or dividends from my company since January for tax reasons. I plan to withdraw some dividends in the new Tax Year(6th April). What documents will be acceptable for proof of employment in my case?
3) My father is over 65 and the online form asks for date of birth and passport numbers of his parents.His parents never had passports and there is no evidence for their date of birth. What should I fill in the form?
4) I have over £10,000 in my bank account and happy to sponsor my parents tickets and their living expenses here.My father gets pension and my mother has a fixed deposit of Rs.10,00,000/- .For the trip is it advisable to put me as the sponsor or show their fixed deposit and pension?
5) Ties with home country- My parents have their own house. My father's siblings and my mum's siblings also live in India. What evidence should they submit for ties to home country.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Victor

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Re: Please help: Visitor visa for parents

Post by Mauser1905 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:36 pm

victor80 wrote:Hi,
I am planning to bring my parents on a Family visitor visa to the UK.I am on ILR.
Can someone on this forum please help me with the following:
1) I understand that for rented properties, Tenancy agreement will serve as a proof for accommodation. What about owned(mortgaged) properties? mortgage statement/title deed copy/council tax document
2) I have been a permanent employee until December last year. I started freelancing via my own limited company this January.
I did not draw any salary or dividends from my company since January for tax reasons. I plan to withdraw some dividends in the new Tax Year(6th April). What documents will be acceptable for proof of employment in my case?salary slips from previous job/accountant's certificate for the current ltd co/PAYE slips from ltd co
3) My father is over 65 and the online form asks for date of birth and passport numbers of his parents.His parents never had passports and there is no evidence for their date of birth. What should I fill in the form?State the nationality of grandparents and assume a sensible age date 01/01/1925.
4) I have over £10,000 in my bank account and happy to sponsor my parents tickets and their living expenses here.My father gets pension and my mother has a fixed deposit of Rs.10,00,000/- .For the trip is it advisable to put me as the sponsor or show their fixed deposit and pension? You may part sponsor them for tickets insurance local travel etc plus local accommodation in the UK. Remember whether you sponsor financially or they can self support themselves onus is on the applicant's documentary evidence to show that they are genuine visitor and intend to return to thei home country without overstaying.
5) Ties with home country- My parents have their own house. My father's siblings and my mum's siblings also live in India. What evidence should they submit for ties to home country. Paperwork, as much as you can find and provide

Thanks for your help in advance,
Victor
On the documentation please go through similar threads on this forum which have detailed discussions on this topic.
Good luck.

victor80
Newly Registered

Post by victor80 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:28 pm

Thank you very much Mauser1905.
Your help is much appreciated.

victor80
Newly Registered

Post by victor80 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Can someone please confirm if I need to create one online visa application or two online visa applications if both my parents are travelling together?

Is it ok if I send my parents the scanned copies of all the documentation (bank statements, passports etc.) or do I need to send them hard copies?

Thanks in advance,
Victor

Mauser1905
Member of Standing

Post by Mauser1905 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:54 pm

victor80 wrote:Can someone please confirm if I need to create one online visa application or two online visa applications if both my parents are travelling together?

Is it ok if I send my parents the scanned copies of all the documentation (bank statements, passports etc.) or do I need to send them hard copies?

Thanks in advance,
Victor
Each parent to have their own individual application form and if they travelling together their details will require to be filled in other applicants forms vice versa.
Passport has be scanned/photocopy.
Financial statements and other paperwork should be original where practical.