ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Hoping for clarification...

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Dreamer16
Newly Registered

Hoping for clarification...

Post by Dreamer16 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:27 am

Hi I'm hoping some of you will be able to help me please.

My husband is English
I am Australian
Our two children are Australian but will soon have british passports.

We are looking at moving to Ireland and all the Information I've read has me a little confused.

As I'm australian I do not require an entry visa to visit Ireland.
Are we able to just pick a date, book plane tickets and then travel to Ireland without any visas or documentation?

Is all the required applications done once in the country but within 3 months of landing.

What type of questions are you typically asked upon arriving in Ireland before clearing immigration/customs?

Thank you so much for any help you can offer.

jeupsy

Re: Hoping for clarification...

Post by jeupsy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:38 pm

Yes you can just come to Ireland and submit the application form to get a residence card: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf

Note however that your EU family member must find employment or become a full time student before you can submit the form and that you are only allowed to stay in Ireland for 3 months without a residence card - meaning that if you are going to Ireland at the same time he will need to secure a job (or become a student) fairly quickly.

Dreamer16
Newly Registered

Re: Hoping for clarification...

Post by Dreamer16 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:05 am

Thank you jeupsy for your reply.

We are hoping to secure employment for my husband before we leave but if that isn't possible he will take whatever he can get once we arrive.