ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application Sent by Post - But have few Questions?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prince_no1

ILR Application Sent by Post - But have few Questions?

Post by prince_no1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi everyone,

I have posted my ILR Tier 1 General (3+2) Application Yesterday by Special Delivery and it was delivered today. Below are the documents I have sent

Tier 1 General + 1 Dependent (Spouse)

Set (o) Form (filled and signed)
Last 12 month payslips (got it from company black & white copy, stamped and signed by the company)
Last 12 month bank statements
Covering letter
Earning explanation sheet
PBS print out
LIUK X2 (1 for Main 1 for dependent)
Passports (all previous and current for both main and dependent)
Eng Language Certificate (Cambridge PET , passed with Merit) for dependent
(as I have the master’s degree taught in English from London)

Proof of Cohabitation:

Source 1 : Thames Water Bill for last 2 years with Both (Main and Dependent) names
But it was only 2 copies one for each year

Source 2: Tenancy Agreements includes both (Main and Dependent) for last 2 years
1 every 6 months.

Source 3: Main Application: last 2 years Council Tax bills (1 for each year)
Dependent: Gas & Electricity bills for last 2 years. (1 for every 6 months)

Mix: Child birth certificate (10/03/2013) + Last year Car insurance certificate, my dependent as a second driver + Marriage Certificate (Nov,2011)
Barclays joint Bank statement, but it was only 2,3 months OLD. my previous Visa granted letter from HOME OFFICE.

Now my questions are :

1. Are these documents enough?
2. As my payslips were online printouts but with stamp and sign from company, is it enough or do I need to get a company letter as well confirming that attached payslips are genuine?
3. I have requested the letter from the company already but didn’t get it so far and I was running out of time so have posted my application so I get the acknowledgment letter Before my Visa expires which is 06/04/2015. Now I have posted the application without the letter should I post the letter with an explanation note ? or there is no need of it?
4. I have attached my child’s birth certificate as a proof of cohabitation but I have not included my child in the application as dependent and she has no visa so for since she was born as I was thinking to apply for Citizenship once I get the ILR. So is it going to be a problem are they going to ask why she is not included?
5. I have been only out of the UK since I initially got the ILR ONCE, and it was due to my marriage 3rd November 2011 to 17 December 2011, have explained it in the cover letter but I didn’t tick any box where they have asked what proof am I providing for the Holidays? Is it ok or did I do it wrong?

Thanks very much to everyone for help in this regard. (especially those who had the similar situations will be appreciated)

Kind Regards,

prince_no1

Re: ILR Application Sent by Post - But have few Questions?

Post by prince_no1 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:38 pm

anyone?

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:16 pm

anybody???????

drdheer

Post by drdheer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Hello,

Please see my responses below. I got my ILR just today at PEO!

1. Are these documents enough?

Perfect!

2. As my payslips were online printouts but with stamp and sign from company, is it enough or do I need to get a company letter as well confirming that attached payslips are genuine?

Stamped are fine.

3. I have requested the letter from the company already but didn’t get it so far and I was running out of time so have posted my application so I get the acknowledgment letter Before my Visa expires which is 06/04/2015. Now I have posted the application without the letter should I post the letter with an explanation note ? or there is no need of it?

No need.

4. I have attached my child’s birth certificate as a proof of cohabitation but I have not included my child in the application as dependent and she has no visa so for since she was born as I was thinking to apply for Citizenship once I get the ILR. So is it going to be a problem are they going to ask why she is not included?

I did same. No problems at all as far as child is born in UK. Case worker said to me to apply for child citizenship.

5. I have been only out of the UK since I initially got the ILR ONCE, and it was due to my marriage 3rd November 2011 to 17 December 2011, have explained it in the cover letter but I didn’t tick any box where they have asked what proof am I providing for the Holidays? Is it ok or did I do it wrong?

I provided letter from employer. But it is not mandatory. It is relevant more to people who are on Tier 2 (I think so). Not to worry as your holidays are kind of negligible.

All the Best!

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Thanks very much @drdheer , i really appreciate that.

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:59 am

drdheer wrote:

Stamped are fine.

No need.

regarding the payslips , what was your case? was it online copies with stamps? or on letter head?

i am confused because in guidance notes, stamp and sign thing is not mentioned, and my one looks totally black&white because stamp and sign were also black. and in guidance notes it says:

Payslip: It should either be an original payslip or on company-headed paper. If the payslip is not on headed paper or is a printout of an online payslip, you must provide a letter from your sponsor, confirming the payslip is authentic. The letter from the sponsor must be on company headed paper, and must be signed by a senior official.

???

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:25 pm

Anybody faced a similar situation?

Senior members? ???
Admins????

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:25 am

why u cud not wait till 6/4/2015 ? wud hv been nice to post all together

Tier1G09
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:23 am

prince_no1 wrote:Anybody faced a similar situation?

I also submitted online pay slips but provided letter from employer, format attached. It should be 12 months not three months.

Senior members? ???
Admins????
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
It should be 12 months not three months.
Untitled.jpg (53.16 KiB) Viewed 1390 times

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:15 pm

Bad news, my company payroll have just emailed me back by saying thats all they can provide

I have got the letter but its a normal reference letter how long i have been working permanent employee thing thats it

What should i do now? :(

Tier1G : you have provided online payslips mine are too but stamped and singed.

N8net: please read my question 3 in my very 1st post.

Tier1G09
India

Post by Tier1G09 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:16 pm

prince_no1 wrote:Bad news, my company payroll have just emailed me back by saying thats all they can provide

I have got the letter but its a normal reference letter how long i have been working permanent employee thing thats it

What should i do now? :(

Tier1G : you have provided online payslips mine are too but stamped and singed.

Yes mine were too online pay slips. You can mention in your cover letter about your online pay slip and give contact details of your HR Payroll as it will give them confident.

N8net: please read my question 3 in my very 1st post.

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:50 pm

yeah i have already mentioned this in the cover letter , i am also trying to get the letter from company through other people and planning to send it to the HOME OFFICE with explanatory note.

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:51 pm

Agree that stamp and sign is not mentioned in the UKBA guidance, but 9/10 you should be ok without need for letter. Stamp and sign itself indicates that company is authenticating the pay slips.
I don't know if the rules changed now, but in 2010 I provided payslips printout with stamp and sign.

mnaeem126
inactive

Post by mnaeem126 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:47 pm

Stamped payslips are quite fine.
Here is my query to Home Office on 30 March 2015
Dear Sir/Madam
Can you please guide me which payslips are valid for previous earning claims for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) for Tier 1 (General) Migrants?
The document attached (Immigration Directorate Instructions Chapter 6a Published on 6 November 2014) says on page 17 that stamped and singed payslips are valid for earning claims for HSMP while page 26 says that payslips should be original or accompanied with letter authenticating them for Tier 1 (General). The statements are creating a bit confusion for Tier 1 (General) migrants whether they are being treated differently from the Tier 1 under Judicial Review (HSMPs) in terms of Previous Earnings Claims for ILR Application (SET-O) or not.
Can you please answer;
1. Are stamped and signed payslips valid for ILR for Tier 1 (General) Migrants?
2. Are payslips on company letterhead without signatures valid for ILR for Tier 1 (General) Migrants?
I would be very grateful t you for your kind response.
Home Office Response on 01 April 2015
Dear mnaeem126
Payslips should be one of the following:
· Original formal payslips, or
· Printouts / copies stamped and signed by the employer, or
· Printouts / copies accompanied by a letter from the employer on their company headed paper
So the answers to your questions are:
1. Yes.
2. No, not unless accompanied by a letter.

Regards,

Richard Jackson
Home Office | Migration Policy
PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:54 pm

Great!!!

Thanks very much mnaeem126 for the input. i appreciate that,

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:44 am

i have got the acknowledgement letter Yesterday, but only Main Applicant (MY) name is written on it. not my dependent's name why?
what if i have to show somewhere that my depedent's application is at home office as well ??

is it just me, or anyone else have experienced this as well?

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:21 am

Generally it will be addressed to main applicant only since it is only one application and dependant details are part of application .

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:38 pm

my point is , lets c if the dependent works? and has to show that dependent's application is at HOME OFFICE, how we gonna prove it?

krishna6693

Post by krishna6693 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:14 pm

You have a valid point. During my PEO appointment, except for Biometrics; dependant was not called at all either during submitting application / docs or even for collection of docs after approval. There were separate approval letters for main and dependant and I signed for both.

drdheer

Post by drdheer » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:46 pm

Hello,

If you have submitted application by post along with your dependants then you will receive acknowledgement letter in main applicant's name only but there will be reference number issued by Home office. If your dependant need to prove that her application is with home office to her employer then this letter with reference number can be given as evidence because employers HR department has power to ask Home office in regards to employees right to work.

Cheers

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:54 pm

mnaeem126 wrote:Stamped payslips are quite fine.
Here is my query to Home Office on 30 March 2015
Dear Sir/Madam
Can you please guide me which payslips are valid for previous earning claims for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) for Tier 1 (General) Migrants?
The document attached (Immigration Directorate Instructions Chapter 6a Published on 6 November 2014) says on page 17 that stamped and singed payslips are valid for earning claims for HSMP while page 26 says that payslips should be original or accompanied with letter authenticating them for Tier 1 (General). The statements are creating a bit confusion for Tier 1 (General) migrants whether they are being treated differently from the Tier 1 under Judicial Review (HSMPs) in terms of Previous Earnings Claims for ILR Application (SET-O) or not.
Can you please answer;
1. Are stamped and signed payslips valid for ILR for Tier 1 (General) Migrants?
2. Are payslips on company letterhead without signatures valid for ILR for Tier 1 (General) Migrants?
I would be very grateful t you for your kind response.
Home Office Response on 01 April 2015
Dear mnaeem126
Payslips should be one of the following:
· Original formal payslips, or
· Printouts / copies stamped and signed by the employer, or
· Printouts / copies accompanied by a letter from the employer on their company headed paper
So the answers to your questions are:
1. Yes.
2. No, not unless accompanied by a letter.

Regards,

Richard Jackson
Home Office | Migration Policy
PO Box 3468, Sheffield, S3 8WA

Hi
could you please let me know whats homeoffice's email ID..?
Thanks you so much..

prince_no1

Post by prince_no1 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:53 pm

jpat2002 wrote: Hi
could you please let me know whats homeoffice's email ID..?
Thanks you so much..
below is the email address , and for your peace of mind, if it is regarding the payslips(stamped+signed), i sent an email to HO as well and asked them the same question, for my peace of mind, and reply was same. they accept it .

workoperationalpolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk