ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Academic progress

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinny

Academic progress

Post by vinny » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:21 am

Lord Justice Jackson in Pokhriyal [2013] EWCA Civ 1568 (academic progress decided by colleges not UKBA; Issue of CAS is confirmation).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Academic progress

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:07 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:11 am

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:56 pm

I have decided we should make this helpful links and authorities a Sticky.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

lonestar2014
Newly Registered

Academic progress

Post by lonestar2014 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:26 am

I started PGD level 7 course in August 2013. the awarding body was unable to conduct exams due to the issues it had with OFQUAL until in September 2014 when we were asked to submit assignments for all six modules that makes up the course. I was only able to submit 4 assignments. my visa expires in April 2015 and my sponsors license has been suspended by the Home office. I intend to continue as a tier 4 student. Please I need advice concerning my circumstance. thank you

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:01 pm

lonestar2014 wrote:I started PGD level 7 course in August 2013. the awarding body was unable to conduct exams due to the issues it had with OFQUAL until in September 2014 when we were asked to submit assignments for all six modules that makes up the course. I was only able to submit 4 assignments. my visa expires in April 2015 and my sponsors license has been suspended by the Home office. I intend to continue as a tier 4 student. Please I need advice concerning my circumstance. thank you
when you were asked to submit 6 why were you not able to do them? because if you were able to submit 6 then you would have got an academic progression and the difficulty in getting admission would have decreased to some extent.

given in your situation now where you do not have an academic progression from your current course and your college's license being suspended, the chances are very less to get admission. however you can try and see if there is any college or university giving you admission.
if this was the case in 2013 or early 2014, you would not have had difficulties but since than many colleges have closed and things are not the same. so you are definitely going to face problems. but be strong and as long as you can convince the university or college's admission officer you will be fine. just take care of two thing:

1. do not overstay
2. do not apply for FLR

because rather than doing these two things you may be better off by going back and applying to study again. that has more chances than these 2 things mentioned above.

good luck.

lonestar2014
Newly Registered

Post by lonestar2014 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Please can somebody help me with a list of HTS colleges
Offering Institute of commercial management level 7 course

aaliya1986
Member of Standing

Post by aaliya1986 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:03 pm

lonestar2014 wrote:Please can somebody help me with a list of HTS colleges
Offering Institute of commercial management level 7 course
check with the awarding body, they will be able to give you the name of the colleges and then you will have to check the home office list to see whether they are in the list to sponsor international students or not.

good luck with your struggle. keep us updated.

iaq07
Newly Registered

Post by iaq07 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:54 am

Check list on home office website.

lonestar2014
Newly Registered

Re: Academic progress and Maintenance funds

Post by lonestar2014 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:19 pm

my course has ended and i still have 2 modules outstanding which i failed. my college has been suspended and i want to extend my visa by applying to do another course in another college. would i qualify for the reduced maintenance which is 2000 or i need the full maintenance.

AbbeyCharles
Newly Registered

Post by AbbeyCharles » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:52 pm

If i were you, i would rather put the whole maintance fees in my account to avoid being technically knocked out.
You might be living on borrowed time as you are not sure what the Case worker would like to determine your application.

Yasiralnukaly
Newly Registered

Post by Yasiralnukaly » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:22 pm

HELLO

GOOD DAY TO YOU , I HAVE AN ENQUIRY ABOUT MY PROGRESSION I DID A FOUNDATION IN BUSINESS LAST YEAR FROM JANUARY TO SEPTEMBER 2014 AND I PASS THE FOUNDATION , AND I AM CURRENTLY AM DOING FOUNDATION AGAIN AT THE SAME LEVEL NQF/5 AT THE SAME UNIVERSITY BUT I CHANGE TO FOUNDATION IN LAW, I APPLY TO OTHER UNIVERSITY FOR BACHELOR WITH MY OLD FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE,CAN I APPLY TO THE TIER 4 WITH MY OLD CERTIFICATE AS THE NEW UNIVERSITY ACCEPTED ME FOR BACHELOR CAN I FINISH THIS COURSE AND APPLY TO THE VISA WITH MY OLD FOUNDATION ? , I DID TWO FOUNDATION AT LEVEL NQF/LEVEL 5 AND I AM GOING TO BACHELOR NQF/ LEVEL 6 FOR BACEHLOR DEGREE AND I SUCCESS IN MY FIRST FOUNDATION AND I APPLY WITH IT TO MY NEW UNIVERSITY THAT I WILL HAVE THE BACHELOR DEGREE ON AND I GET THE UNCONDITIONAL .

THANKS