ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bus fine by IRCAS and Naturalisation Issue

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gmaruf
Newly Registered

Bus fine by IRCAS and Naturalisation Issue

Post by gmaruf » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:40 am

Dear all,

I was fined by IRCAS (Independent Revenue Collection and Support) on September 2014 as I could not show valid discounted photo card with my oyster Card [ it was a different type of photo card only able to get when u get JSA]. It is very unfortunate that I left it on my reading table and fined on that day. I tried to convince the lady IRCAS officer about the fact and told her to take all my details and just give me 10 minutes to get it from home as the distance of that incident and my home was very close. However the cruel officer did not care about my request (probably she was right and honest on her profession) and fined me 40 pound. I wanted to pay the fine right that moment but she said I have to pay through their website or phone line when I receive a letter from IRCAS. within few days I received a letter from IRCAS and I was also given 21 days to pay. I paid the money straightway and this matter did not go to the court.

I called to the IRCAS customer service and spoke to one of their employee and asked her whether this fine will be an criminal offence or it will be shown in the CRB report. The lady said , as I paid the fine so not to worry and they did not pass this data to anyone.

After getting such assurance I was bit relieved and applied for my naturalization on 30th of March 2015. (just to let you know that I got my ILR on March 7, 2014)

Now my question is whether this incident could anyway affect my naturalization application?

Few more information:
** when I filled up AN application form then it was mentioned there that whether I have any civil penalty under the immigration Act? and I said NO

** When I was filling up a form at National Checking service, that forms also mentioned that whether I have TWO or More fixed penalty within last 12 months? I said NO as I didn't have even if my bus fine count as it is only one.

Would anyone there to help me with these issue and give me your kind advice please?

wmazhar

Re: Bus fine by IRCAS and Naturalisation Issue

Post by wmazhar » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:59 pm

gmaruf wrote:Dear all,

I was fined by IRCAS (Independent Revenue Collection and Support) on September 2014 as I could not show valid discounted photo card with my oyster Card [ it was a different type of photo card only able to get when u get JSA]. It is very unfortunate that I left it on my reading table and fined on that day. I tried to convince the lady IRCAS officer about the fact and told her to take all my details and just give me 10 minutes to get it from home as the distance of that incident and my home was very close. However the cruel officer did not care about my request (probably she was right and honest on her profession) and fined me 40 pound. I wanted to pay the fine right that moment but she said I have to pay through their website or phone line when I receive a letter from IRCAS. within few days I received a letter from IRCAS and I was also given 21 days to pay. I paid the money straightway and this matter did not go to the court.

I called to the IRCAS customer service and spoke to one of their employee and asked her whether this fine will be an criminal offence or it will be shown in the CRB report. The lady said , as I paid the fine so not to worry and they did not pass this data to anyone.

After getting such assurance I was bit relieved and applied for my naturalization on 30th of March 2015. (just to let you know that I got my ILR on March 7, 2014)

Now my question is whether this incident could anyway affect my naturalization application?

Few more information:
** when I filled up AN application form then it was mentioned there that whether I have any civil penalty under the immigration Act? and I said NO

** When I was filling up a form at National Checking service, that forms also mentioned that whether I have TWO or More fixed penalty within last 12 months? I said NO as I didn't have even if my bus fine count as it is only one.

Would anyone there to help me with these issue and give me your kind advice please?
Don't worry at all, You will be fine
Applied: 11/03/2015
Approval: 04-04-2015 Dated 27/03/2015
Ceremony: 15-04-2015

gmaruf
Newly Registered

Post by gmaruf » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:16 pm

Dear Wmazhar, Brother Thank you for your reply. Is it possible to tell me more as to why this bus fine wont be a problem? your words giving me consolation and joy but still in doubt. will this fine appear on DBS check? you probably understand my concern and anxiousness.

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:31 pm

I got one as well :) when my contact less debt card didn't work on ticket checkers machine, I tried to convince him a lot that this contact less card works on all the station entrances and money deducted from my account always, I showed him my online bank statements as well, also station entrance was just a walking distance away from him, but he was not listening and insisted my debt card not working, finally he issued me penalty fair notice. I paid the fine next day.
I didn't mention that in the naturalization application.

I think you got Unpaid Fare Notice which is like penalty fair notice or Penalty charge notice, All these are issued for minor offences.

No Court Proceeding are involved in your case, No Criminal conviction.

UKBA will only consider these when you will have numerous penalties otherwise not.

gmaruf
Newly Registered

Post by gmaruf » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Dear brother Wmazhar, thank you so much for all these informations and giving me strength not to worry. At least i will be able to sleep peacefully tonight. Thanks man. And your naturalisation approved very quickly. Really surprising and its also a matter of inpiration. Everything just happened within 24 days!! Amazing!! Congratulations brother. Thank you again

gmaruf
Newly Registered

Post by gmaruf » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:25 am

Hi All, just to let you know the update: my citizenship application got approve on 29th november 2015. Almost after 8 months. So it did not had any effect on my application. I've got my citizenship certificate on 11th december and applied for my first british passport today (16/12/15)

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:02 am

Congratulations :D