ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed - SS route documentation

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

michaelknight

Self Employed - SS route documentation

Post by michaelknight » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Hello,

I am currently in Germany as a "Freelance English teacher". I work very irregular hours and will pay tax after three months. Is there a minimum weekly or monthly hours I need to complete? I spend a lot of time travelling to classes and preparing lessons but my work hours range from 12 hours a week up to 35.

Is there a thread with a detailed list of what is required?

Dankeshon!

rosebead
Member of Standing

Re: Self Employed - SS route documentation

Post by rosebead » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:06 pm

There is EU case law that says 10 weeks of work is enough to be deemed a genuine and effective worker, and that 10 hours of work a week cannot exclude someone from being considered a worker. Here's more info at this page: https://eumovement.wordpress.com/2011/1 ... -a-worker/

michaelknight

Post by michaelknight » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:24 pm

Sure. I read that and still feel unsure regarding the document and proof required to apply for a family permit.

I dont have a contract but i am registered with schools. It would be nice to find more info and examples

rosebead
Member of Standing

Post by rosebead » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:53 pm

I would say that your self-employment qualifies as genuine and effective. It's not so much the hours you do but whether it's regular work, and obviously the longer you work the more it could be argued to be genuine and effective. The Home Office are sticklers for invoices, receipts, tax returns, and such-like so I hope you are keeping a record of those. Section 20 (table Section 14) of the EEA(FM) form has a good list of the kind of self-employed proofs that the Home Office like to see if you want to take a look at it. And this is a good thread about self-employment proofs.