ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

5 Years on Work Permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

uberneo
Newly Registered

5 Years on Work Permit

Post by uberneo » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:14 am

Hi All ,

I have been currently working with the same employer for around 4 Years and 8 Months . I am on Contract for Services Type Employment Permit on all those years , initially i had got 2 years of Work Permit and then a 3 years after renewal.

My work permit is expiring on 27-Jun-2015 after 5 years which was issued on 27-Jun-2010 and it took me less than 2 months to come to Ireland and get the Garda Card and Stamp 1 on 25 Aug-2010 (Less than 2 months after issue of WP)

So my WorkPermit will expire on 27-Jun-2015 ( 5 years ) and my Garda card will also finish on the same date but less than 2 months before 5 years.

So based on that I had went to my local Garda Office and have asked for Stamp 4 but they have said that since my 60 months are NOT completed on STAMP 1 so they cannot provide me Stamp 4 and they asked me to either get a new Work Permit or get a letter from INIS confirming that I don't need a Work Permit anymore.

Then i wrote a letter to INIS (Unit2 Residence Dept) and asked if they can review my case so that I can get Stamp 4 within time.
But it seems like they are very slow in that and I am just worried whether they will consider my application within time.

Also on the side I have started searching for another job so that any company can offer me a job and based on that i will get a Critical Skills Work Permit.

Any help/suggestions/pointers in my above mentioned case will be really appreciable.

Thanks

okdokie

Re: 5 Years on Work Permit

Post by okdokie » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:58 am

Your current employer is not renewing your work permit?

uberneo
Newly Registered

Post by uberneo » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:16 am

okdokie wrote:Your current employer is not renewing your work permit?
They can't because of the below 2 reasons --

1) I am on Contract For Services type Employment Permit , which you can't renew after 5 Years.
Below if from DJEI website --

"Applications may be granted for a maximum period of up to 24 months in the first instance and may be extended upon application to a maximum stay of five years."

2) They can't apply for Critical Skills Work permit for me as they don't have 50% Irish employees in the company.

Thanks

uberneo
Newly Registered

Post by uberneo » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:00 am

Hi All ,

Any help or suggestions for the above post will be really appreciable.

Thanks