ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help, do I really need visa to join my husband?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Vrinda108
Newly Registered

Please help, do I really need visa to join my husband?

Post by Vrinda108 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:34 pm

I am a non EEA spouse who is married to EEA national, I also have Czech residency card, EEA family permit in UK sticker stamp on my passport, do I still need to apply for visa for Ireland to join my spouse who got new work there?

I have sticker on my Indian passport, UK residency document something like this
residencecardexample.png
residencecardexample.png (436.88 KiB) Viewed 597 times
So do I still need

Because on Irish visa webpage it states :

a non-EEA national need visa if:

who does not hold a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” as referred to in Articles 5(2) and 10(1) of Directive 2004/38/EC on the rights of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of Member States, and
wishes to accompany or join an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen family member who is moving to or residing in Ireland pursuant to the Directive 2004/38/EC,

But I have Czech residency card, UK spouse permit as you can see in that attachment, Indian passport and my spouse is Czech national.

Do I still need to apply for Visa under EU free movement directive?

Any help appreciated,

Thanks!
Last edited by Vrinda108 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catch_hunter

Re: Please help, do I really need visa to join my husband?

Post by catch_hunter » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:23 pm

You do not need.

Read >>

here
---------------------
Who else can land in Ireland without a visa?

You do not need a visa to land in Ireland if:
- You hold a valid travel document issued in accordance with Article 28 of the Geneva Convention
- You hold either a valid residence card 4 EU FAM or a valid permanent residence card 4 EU FAM issued under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) (No. 2) Regulations 2006 (SI 656/2006).
- You are a family member of an EU citizen and you hold a document called "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen"
---------------------

Residence card of a family member of a European Union Citizen

Vrinda108
Newly Registered

Post by Vrinda108 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Thank you for your quick reply

Vrinda108
Newly Registered

Post by Vrinda108 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:34 pm

Hi, I called at the embassy and was told I do need a visa. Although, I did confirm with UK Home office that the Residence card sticker on my passport IS IN COMPLIANCE with EU Directive.

I still did apply in end. So awaiting now. Just to avoid fuss at border, also, I will be travelling with my EEA spouse, if that makes things any different?