ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Move to Ireland from Uk with wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LifeintheUK
Newly Registered

Move to Ireland from Uk with wife

Post by LifeintheUK » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:48 pm

Hi
Recently my application for RC in uk has been refused by HO & first tribunal. Now I send a request to permission in FT to go to UT. Now if we want to move Ireland & I apply for short stay c visa from London Irish embassy , will my refusal in uk affect to get my Irish short stay c visa? And do I need to disclose about my resual in that application? Thanks, any suggetion much appreciate.

adedayoh

Re: Move to Ireland from Uk with wife

Post by adedayoh » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi,
Am guessing your spouse is british, UK refusal should not affect your application to come to Ireland, and if they refuse, travel to Northern ireland n get on the train to Dublin. As long u r travelling with your spouse you will be ok.
If you are lucky Enuff to get on a direct flight from London to Dublin as well, it's all good the immigration officers can't send you back as long as ur EU spouse is with u.

LifeintheUK
Newly Registered

Post by LifeintheUK » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:25 pm

adedayoh wrote:Hi,
Am guessing your spouse is british, UK refusal should not affect your application to come to Ireland, and if they refuse, travel to Northern ireland n get on the train to Dublin. As long u r travelling with your spouse you will be ok.
If you are lucky Enuff to get on a direct flight from London to Dublin as well, it's all good the immigration officers can't send you back as long as ur EU spouse is with u.

Hi thank you for your reply. My wife is not British. She is French. First we will try for short stay visa, if they refuse it we will do that what you said. Thanks

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:01 am

Hi,
If ur wife is french y was ur application refused by the UK. Was she not exercising her treaty rights by working in UK or studying.

If you move to Ireland, it's the same process ur spouse must be exercising her treaty rights by working, studying or prove that she's self sufficient.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:30 am

It might help if you list the exact wording of the refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LifeintheUK
Newly Registered

Post by LifeintheUK » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:51 pm

CR001 wrote:It might help if you list the exact wording of the refusal.
Hi they refused cause they are thinking a marriage of convenience. Thanks

janesx
Newly Registered

Post by janesx » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:23 pm

adedayoh wrote:to get on a direct flight from London to Dublin as well, it's all good the immigration officers can't send you back as long as ur EU spouse is with u.
So an application is made in the country where the spouse is a primary resident, the office refuse it (valid reasons - they have seen it all), OP instead of going to the spouse home country (the one who shoud 'host' him regardless) pick another country to move to and his entry can not be refused because he is at the airport accompanied by the spouse?

If a Non EU passport holder is given right to entry at the aiport (officer sole discretion) where is it written an EU citizen can bring the spouse to a stranger country as they please?

In a nutshell: I am a German citizen working in the UK, married to an Aussie. UK office refuse my spouse the right to reside in the country where I have ties to. Instead of applying for a permission in my home country I decide to move to a 3rd one and they are obliged to accept us? :!:

LifeintheUK
Newly Registered

Post by LifeintheUK » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:41 am

Hi my EEA application in Uk was refused based on marriage of convenience. Then we were thinking to move Ireland and apply for residence card there. recently I got spouse visa ( short stay c) from London. Now if we apply there? Can there be any issue for my application in Ireland for my U.K refusal? Thanks

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:40 am

Hey,
No it has no effect on ur application.
As long as ur wife is working, studying or self sufficient u can apply to remain in Ireland. Refusal by another EU country has no effect.

LifeintheUK
Newly Registered

Post by LifeintheUK » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:01 am

adedayoh wrote:Hey,
No it has no effect on ur application.
As long as ur wife is working, studying or self sufficient u can apply to remain in Ireland. Refusal by another EU country has no effect.
Thank you adedayoh for your reply. One more thing, if you can help me please? after arriving Ireland, what documents do we need to open a bank account and get a PPS ? Thanks