ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrino Advice Please

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Trinx

Zambrino Advice Please

Post by Trinx » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:18 pm

Hi everyone.. I am coming here for advice as it has never set me wrong before. I am Irish and my partner is egyptian. We have a child aged 15 months. He lives in egypt but has come to ireland on visits once a month. He is an engineer. I have kids from prev relationship also. Hes had visit visas including multi entry visa. I was previously advised that he should apply through zambrino on the childs birth but My partner was in no hurry to move until he had his qualifications equalized to irish standard.. He has done courses to Get EASA qualifications.. He has saved money in preparation. He wont leave work, so what he has done is seek 3 months leave from his job to come to ireland and take his chance applying through zambrino..He is afraid he will lose everything.. I understand this is a hard choice for him to make. we are not civilly married. he asked but I refused to marry in egypt and told him i wanted to marry civilly here in ireland after he has leave to reside and where irish laws would govern our marriage. .. My question is, if he came here legally on his tourist visa as usual.. and hasn't been living here with the child previously, but supporting her.. Would he fit the criteria.? We have had a long standing relationship and can prove this re visas etc. He wont be able to prove address here.. can only prove he has stayed in my house (re prev visas) . He has brought her to doctors appointments etc when he has been here.. Child has an irish passport. He opened bank account for her but it is in my name as he is not resident he couldnt open it in his own name. Any ideas on how we can make a strong application.. We dont intend using solicitor.. i feel its a waste of money.. we went to one once.. and she advised giving him joint guardianship..Egypt hasnt signed hague convention and im not prepared to take any risks with my child especially considering we are not married. Its not that i dont trust him, but we dont know what the future holds do we.. and i need to act in best interests of the child and me.. ..i Didnt trust her after that and didnt feel comfortable. she wasnt acting in best interests of the child.. I am willing to go to solicitor to draw up a legal agreement re access etc.. Any advice is much appreciated

Trinx

Re: Zambrino Advice Please

Post by Trinx » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:53 pm

No body any advice?

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:12 am

Hi,

Have a look at the immigration website. A possible application is the de facto relationship route. You can email them at

INISdefacto@justice.ie

and see:

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/De ... ationships

Regarding the application on the Irish born child. see:

Enquiries regarding Parent of Irish National can be made by post only by writing to the following address:

Irish Born Child Unit,
Department of Justice and Equality,
PO Box 10003,
Dublin 2.
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

Trinx

Post by Trinx » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:10 pm

hi,, thank you for your comment. We would not be considered under defacto as he hasnt lived here.. He comes once a month on visits. Added to that, its a C multi visa that he currently holds. They are no longer taking applications from inside the state from C visa holders. Your link is very informative though. New rules re pre clearance re family reunification.. interesting.. Will make things harder.. I have kids from previous relationship, and unfortunately i would never earn enough, even working at the bank. It seems with new rules, that if you dont have tons of money, you have very little rights for your partner to join you, understandably so i guess when you consider the current economic climate. It seems its just as tough for an irish citizen as it is for a person who is resident here and not irish to have their partners/husband join them. Can anyone clarify the monetary requirements re spouse visa... see the following..... "An Irish citizen, in order to sponsor an immediate family member, must not have been totally or predominantly reliant on benefits from the Irish State for a continuous period in excess of 2 years immediately prior to the application and must over the three year period prior to application have earned a cumulative gross income over and above any State benefits of not less than €40k." ..... totally or perdominantly reliant on benefits.. does this mean they could have claimed benefits like FIS for example as long as it didnt make up a large part of their earnings ?? or does it mean that they cant have claimed any benefits at all..

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:41 am

I would advise writing to the 'Irish born child unit' immediately explaining the situation. It's disappointing that they do not have a phone number but you could email info@justice.ie with the same details as the written letter and await a reply. It could take a few weeks.
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum