ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got my EU3 approved today! but only 10 years visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

pocketAces

Got my EU3 approved today! but only 10 years visa

Post by pocketAces » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:03 pm

got my EU3 approved today but the letter says it will only grant me a EUFAM4 stamp for 10 years.
I then emailed DOJ and they replied that I need to submit the application again after 10 years..
then why do they call EU3 an Application for a Permanent Residence Card?

by the way, I went through the EU1 and EU3 process myself so anyone has any questions, feel free to drop a line.

jeupsy

Re: Got my EU3 approved today! buy only 10 years visa

Post by jeupsy » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:50 pm

This is just my understanding - but I would say your right to remain in Ireland is permanent, but they can't issue an immigration document which doesn't have any expiry date (similarly, the DFA would not issue a lifetime passport for an Irish citizen - they need to be renewed every 10 years).

My understanding is that next time you only need to apply to get the document renewed and not to get the right to remain (whereas this time you were applying for both).

Kashanjee19
Newly Registered

Post by Kashanjee19 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:42 pm

congrats PocketAces..

Yes I do need help in applying EU3 now. I have completed my 5 years time as a family member of EU citizen.
please find below my circumstances to prepare documents.

I got married with EU citizen on march 2010.
DOJ received my EU1 application on 26/05/2010.
They issued me 6 month temporary stamp 4 from 12/08/2010 to 25/11/2010. I did not get stamp endorsment as I had 1 year student valid visa, waited for 5 years letter from DOJ.

Minister granted a permission to me on 16/05/2011 for 5 years endorsement for stamp4 EUfam.

I have applied for Retention of residence card recently because we are separated and proceeding divorce. Retention application's decision still due.

Now I am wondering, from what date my 5 years time period would start? and am I eligible to apply for Permanent Resident card? or Citizenship.

Any help would be highly appreciated. and you phone call would help me a lot if you can.

Thank you.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:04 pm

Kashanjee,

You have a few questions there.

Firstly, if you have 5 years stamp 4 continuously, then you can apply for citizenship. Google the citizenship calculator.
Secondly, in your situation you would need to be granted retention before you could then apply for EU3 Permanent Residency in your own right. If you were granted retention, you would most likely be granted EU3 Permanent Residency.

Hope this helps,

Leinster Immigration
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:22 pm

Kashanjee19 wrote:congrats PocketAces..

Yes I do need help in applying EU3 now. I have completed my 5 years time as a family member of EU citizen.

They issued me 6 month temporary stamp 4 from 12/08/2010 to 25/11/2010. I did not get stamp endorsment as I had 1 year student valid visa, waited for 5 years letter from DOJ.

Minister granted a permission to me on 16/05/2011 for 5 years endorsement for stamp4 EUfam.

I have applied for Retention of residence card recently because we are separated and proceeding divorce. Retention application's decision still due.

Now I am wondering, from what date my 5 years time period would start? and am I eligible to apply for Permanent Resident card? or Citizenship.

Any help would be highly appreciated. and you phone call would help me a lot if you can.

Thank you.
your 5 years starts from 16/05/2011, temporary stamp and the student visa doesnt count.
the good news is you can start apply 6 months earlier than the 5 years date. I applied 6 months earlier before my 5 years finishes.
for Citizenship, Im afraidn its the same but you cant apply 6 months earlier. it has to be 5 full years and student visa/temp visa doesnt count.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:32 pm

pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

Kashanjee19
Newly Registered

Post by Kashanjee19 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:47 pm

Leinsterimmig wrote:Kashanjee,

You have a few questions there.

Firstly, if you have 5 years stamp 4 continuously, then you can apply for citizenship. Google the citizenship calculator.
Secondly, in your situation you would need to be granted retention before you could then apply for EU3 Permanent Residency in your own right. If you were granted retention, you would most likely be granted EU3 Permanent Residency.

Hope this helps,

Leinster Immigration
Thanks for suggestion.. I understand that a granted retention is required for EU3 and I can apply EU3 before 6 months of my 5 years period. but the major trouble is below.
I applied divorce in Eu court and was nearly to get divorce papers but Marriage registration office raised an issue of invalidity of my EU marriage on the basis of some stupid things. now I was asked by my solicitor to stop my divorce case because Ireland doesn't accept your marriage so far...so I paused divorce case.. I already applied retention of resident card but cannot be approved until divorce papers submitted.
Its strange... while I have an Irish citizen minor child. I also applied Zambrano a month ago for this.

they don't validate my marriage.
so I can't get divorce for the same.
My Retention won't approved without divorce.
so I can't apply EU3 for PR.

Maybe I could apply for citizenship... and let them doing what so ever they want.??

Any comments guyz.

Kashanjee19
Newly Registered

Post by Kashanjee19 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:49 pm

pocketAces wrote:
Kashanjee19 wrote:congrats PocketAces..

Thank you.
your 5 years starts from 16/05/2011, temporary stamp and the student visa doesnt count.
the good news is you can start apply 6 months earlier than the 5 years date. I applied 6 months earlier before my 5 years finishes.
for Citizenship, Im afraidn its the same but you cant apply 6 months earlier. it has to be 5 full years and student visa/temp visa doesnt count.
Thank you PocketAces

DukeHazord
Newly Registered

Post by DukeHazord » Tue May 26, 2015 6:40 pm

pocketAces wrote:got my EU3 approved today but the letter says it will only grant me a EUFAM4 stamp for 10 years.
I then emailed DOJ and they replied that I need to submit the application again after 10 years..

by the way, I went through the EU1 and EU3 process myself so anyone has any questions, feel free to drop a line.
#

Hi,
This is my first post ever on this form. Since you are welcoming questions, I would like to ask you one. I got my 5 year stamp by filling in the EU1 form and now that's coming to an end on 2nd of July this year. If I apply for the permanent residence card, and my residence card gets expired in the process... do they give you a temporary extension so you can stay here legally? Did you ever go through that issue or anyone that you know? Any answer would be hopeful

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Post by rachellynn1972 » Wed May 27, 2015 2:12 am

Why do people like high jacking other people post? If you have a question open your own post.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.

pocketAces

Post by pocketAces » Fri May 29, 2015 7:41 am

DukeHazord wrote:
pocketAces wrote:got my EU3 approved today but the letter says it will only grant me a EUFAM4 stamp for 10 years.

#

Hi,
This is my first post ever on this form. Since you are welcoming questions, I would like to ask you one. I got my 5 year stamp by filling in the EU1 form and now that's coming to an end on 2nd of July this year. If I apply for the permanent residence card, and my residence card gets expired in the process... do they give you a temporary extension so you can stay here legally? Did you ever go through that issue or anyone that you know? Any answer would be hopeful
Hi DukeHazord,

You should start applying now. You can submit your EU3 applicaiton 6 months before your EU1 expires. This is written on the information site. They will also send you a letter to acknoledge the application and it says on the letter that you can use the letter to get a 6 months temp extension. I suggest you start straight away as Xmas is coming and it can take a little longer. Hope the answer helps.

molilrk
Newly Registered

Re: Got my EU3 approved today! but only 10 years visa

Post by molilrk » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:43 am

Hi buddy there is a lot of good information here but I also have one question , soon i will be applying for the EU3 application but i was wondering that do they count initial 6 months while application is in process for EU1 if yes then can i apply early for the EU3.
I shall be thankful for your kind reply.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:49 am

A person can apply for permanent residence after 5 years residence with their EEA spouse in the state, or 6 months before their EU fam (5years) expires. Whichever is sooner.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:09 pm

How come a temporary visa doesn't count? If you are granted with a Stamp 4 and it DOES count as residency. Before giving out any information we need to make sure that it is correct, right?

Also, I have one question, someone said in a different post that residency starts counting as soon as you enter the state with your significant other. (EU spouse / civil partner). Is this correct? Can anyone confirm this, please?

Thanks.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:24 pm

That is my understanding.

Brophy share my views also.

http://brophysolicitorsimmigration.blog ... r.html?m=1
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Obie wrote:That is my understanding.

Brophy share my views also.

http://brophysolicitorsimmigration.blog ... r.html?m=1
Hey Obbie, actually I was agreeing with you. It's just someone up there that said that residency would only start counting when we actually get the Stamp 4 EUfam, which is not true. :wink: