ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Husband attending medical school in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

show_jumper
Newly Registered

Husband attending medical school in Ireland

Post by show_jumper » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:30 pm

Hi there,

I'm new to the boards and apologize if I'm asking a previously answered question.

My fiance is currently interviewing for/awaiting news from Irish medical schools. We are both Canadian, however he is in the process of acquiring German citizenship via descent and we anticipate the process will be complete by the time we are married this summer and thus prior to starting school in September. Both of us have lived in Canada our whole lives up to this point.

If he is accepted to school, I plan to start searching for a job in my field and we plan to move together. It looks to me as if I have the right to reside and work in Ireland as his spouse, but I don't know if our lack of previous EU state residency affects that? Has anyone had a similar experience moving with a spouse?

Thanks!

jeupsy

Re: Husband attending medical school in Ireland

Post by jeupsy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:24 pm

If is gets a German passport and is registered as a full time student in Ireland - yes it will be fairly straight forward for you to get a residence card which will allow you to work in Ireland.