ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Health Surcharge

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hammad1224

Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by hammad1224 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:56 am

I read on Gov uk that a new immigration health surcharge [IHS] is payable by nearly all immigrants. It is £150 per year for students and £200 p.a. for the rest.

My brother is applying for his ILR on LR and soon getting married. Does his spouse has to pay for this charge, if yes how much?

I am aware there is a calculator on gov uk but the questions are very silly i.e. what the expiry date of ILR. On the RP card it is normally ten years but does this means that he has to pay £2200 for IHS?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Immigration Health Surcharge

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:02 am

The surcharge is not applicable to people applying for ILR.

It will need to be paid for the spouse though, payable upfront for the duration of the visa (e.g £200 x 2.5 year visa = £500)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.