ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visa with spent conviction

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

goslar
Newly Registered

Student visa with spent conviction

Post by goslar » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:00 am

Hi, I just joined this forum, as I would like to ask for advice.

I am 42 years old. Recently, I am contemplating to study for a professional master in UK as a mature student. However, I had a criminal history, leading to 6-month-suspended sentence (5-year-probation) and being deported back to my home country, back in 2005. So, it would be about 10 years in 2 months time.

I am wondering how likely my criminal past (spent criminal record) would result in visa refusal based on criminal ground.

Please help, I don't even know whether it is worth going ahead to apply for university entrance. :roll: :cry:

honey2008

Re: Student visa with spent conviction

Post by honey2008 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi,

Criminal Record and Deportations are SERIOUS RED MARKs in immigration matters/history.It's a straight refusal as HO policy is 10 year BAN for application once deported and thereafter you are only ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.

My advice is not to waste precious things like money and time.

Rest is your choice

Ta
Honey

goslar
Newly Registered

Post by goslar » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:20 pm

honey2008 wrote:Hi,

Criminal Record and Deportations are SERIOUS RED MARKs in immigration matters/history.It's a straight refusal as HO policy is 10 year BAN for application once deported and thereafter you are only ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.

My advice is not to waste precious things like money and time.

Rest is your choice

Ta
Honey
thank you for your reply!

but the 10-year-ban you mentioned applies only to deportation from UK? My deportation was not from UK. Will that make a difference?

goslar
Newly Registered

Post by goslar » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:27 pm

also, it is almost 10 years since i left anyway.... (June 2005, i was deported; 2 months from 10 years)....
so, do i stand any chance?!