ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship Naturalisation Stamps

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Joeb2015
Newly Registered

Irish Citizenship Naturalisation Stamps

Post by Joeb2015 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:36 am

Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone has any insights on how strict they are if there is a break in your stamp prior to applying once you have clocked up 5 years reckonable days? I left things really late by paying the €300 on the day of renewal. Ideally I need my last stamp before 24/02/2015 as last years stamp was 24/02/2014 but my newest stamp was 26/02/2015. I've waited really long to be in this position to apply for Naturalisation near the end of May of this year and I think I've messed things up with this break in my last stamp. Does this mean I have to wait another year or is there discretion for this?

I have attached a screen shot of my naturalisation residency calculator. Thanks in advance:)
Attachments
Naturalisation Residency Calculator.jpg
Naturalisation Residency Calculator.jpg (81.29 KiB) Viewed 1008 times

banana07
Member of Standing

Re: Irish Citizenship Naturalisation Stamps

Post by banana07 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:29 pm

between stamp #5 and #6 you can see 2 days gap (un-registered).. last 356 days need to be fully registered in.. talk to your local gnib and they tell you when you can apply
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

SelectMe

Post by SelectMe » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:36 pm

in my case, I had a gap of 88 days, contacted the dept by email and provided genuine reason & evidence and still, was told to wait 88 days and then apply, so I waited and and I was fine.
However, a friend of mine, he allegedly said, he had gap of 65 days, he sent in the application along with the medical cert and his application was approved.
So, its really upto you, if you dnt care losing 175 + Euro, gave them a genuine reason and send in your application and see what they say, if they reject it, so be it,

Kashanjee19
Newly Registered

Post by Kashanjee19 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Joeb2015 wrote:Hi,

I just wanted to know if anyone has any insights on how strict they are if there is a break in your stamp prior to applying once you have clocked up 5 years reckonable days? I left things really late by paying the €300 on the day of renewal. Ideally I need my last stamp before 24/02/2015 as last years stamp was 24/02/2014 but my newest stamp was 26/02/2015. I've waited really long to be in this position to apply for Naturalisation near the end of May of this year and I think I've messed things up with this break in my last stamp. Does this mean I have to wait another year or is there discretion for this?

I have attached a screen shot of my naturalisation residency calculator. Thanks in advance:)
hi joeb2015...Just wondering.. i am going to apply citizenship..but little confused in Residency calculator. everyone says different,
my solicitor said. reckonable days started from my date of marriage with eu citizen.
An immigration consultant said, it will be started from the date DOJ first received your EU1 application.
Officer in citizen information centre said, it will start when you first registered your GNIB card.

Can you please advise me according to the below.

I got married with EU citizen on 19 march 2010.
DOJ received my EU1 application on 26/05/2010.
DOJ issued me permission on stamp 4 letter dated 12/08/2010 permission expire 25/11/2010. I did not get this stamp 4endorsment as I had 1 year student valid visa, was waiting for 5 years letter from DOJ.

DOJ granted a permission to me on 16/05/2011 for 5 years endorsement for stamp4 EUfam.

I registered my GNIB card on 27/06/2011 expiry is 12/05/2015.( as my passport expiring)

I can try to get 6 months stamp on my new passport for not getting any gap for 1 year prior to my citizenship application.