ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application-Should I expect tough time with INIS

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Woodquest
Newly Registered

Citizenship Application-Should I expect tough time with INIS

Post by Woodquest » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:07 pm

Considering some comments I read on this forum regarding INIS handling of Citizenship Applications with respect to Traffic offences and UK VISA refusal, should be expecting a tough time with my own citizenship application which was just submitted last month. What do you think? Your comments are appreciated.

My Situation:
Speed Ticket: June 2007 (Fine Paid in 2007 but can't find the receipts(Not mentioned in my Citizenship Application))
Drove on the edge of Bus Lane as I was taking a left turn: March 2009 (Challenged it in court and was strucked out (Not mentioned in my Citizenship Application))
UK visit refusal: April 2013 (mentioned in my Citizenship Application using a cover letter and other information I obtained from the Home Office by requesting for my personal data from the UK Visas and Immigration Section)

See my cover letter below:

Dear Sir/Ma,
Explanation of the UK VISA Refusal Stamp in My Previous Passport

The aim of this letter is to explain why a UK VISA that I applied for on the 19th of April 2013 was refused.

On the 16th of July 2008, my girlfriend submitted an EU Residence Card application on my behalf to Home Office in United Kingdom through an Immigration Representative with the intention that I would join her in United Kingdom. Please see Attachment A for information about the Immigration Representative and a letter written by the Immigration representative to Home Office dated 16/7/2008.

However, on the 25th of October 2008 my girlfriend decided to join me in Ireland instead of me joining her in the UK.

My Spouse and I then decided not to pursue the EU Residence Card application with the UK. So, I wrote a letter of withdrawal to my Immigration Representative in the UK, instructing them to withdraw the Residence Card application from the Home Office and that we were no longer interested in pursuing the application.

Thereafter, I applied for my EU1 Residence Card in Ireland in September 2009 and it was successful.

On the 2nd of April 2013 my employer sponsored me to attend a Post Graduate Degree Course in Belfast. The Postgraduate programme was organised and delivered by Queens University Belfast – and it required all participants to attend Queens University Belfast in the UK.

Therefore, on the 19th of April 2013 I submitted an application for VISA clearance to enter the UK, through the UK embassy here in Ireland. The application was subsequently refused on the grand that I did not mention on my application form that I had been previously refused a residence card – non EEA national application on 22 February 2010 by the Home office. Please see Attachment B.

The VISA refusal notice came as a surprise to me as I did not know that my application for an EEA Residence Card that was submitted in July 2008 was not withdrawn by my immigration representative. Therefore, I decided to investigate the matter myself. All attempts to contact the office of the immigration representative was unsuccessful as they seems to have changed their office and their telephone contact numbers or they are no longer in business.

I decided to contact the UK Home Office myself, to request for information on why my request to withdraw my EEA residence application in 2009 was not honoured and why it was held as a reason to refuse me an entry to the UK. The information supplied to me by the UK Home Office indicates that no withdrawal attempts were received by the Home Office from my immigration representative in January 2009. And also that the EEA Residence Card application was refused because my immigration representative failed to respond to several letters that the Home Office wrote to them, requesting for additional documentation to support the application. Please see Attachment C. Attachment D shows that all letters sent to the Address of the Immigration Representative was returned to the UK Home Office as “Addressee Unknown”.

I have been living continuously in Ireland since arrival in 2006 till now. Please see Attachment E as evidence that I was living, working and even studying for my Master Degree in Computer Science at the Institute of Technology Tallaght from 2008 to 2010. Then, I took a year break as a result of financial difficulty and thereafter completed my Master degree in 2011. I attached my yearly statement of Examination result and final Certificate, some tax certificates, some bank statements in Attachment E.
I hope my explanation is sufficient to enable you to understand the reason why I have a UK refusal stamp in my passport.

Thank you.

Yours Faithfully,