ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Housing Benefit and ILR application issue

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sameexya
Newly Registered

Housing Benefit and ILR application issue

Post by sameexya » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:41 pm

My husband has 2 years settlement Visa. I am a British citizen. We have 2 children (1 is a british citizen and another one has 2 years visa similar to my husband). My husband came to UK at end of 2012. When he came he was issued with 2 years settlement visa which expired but he could not apply for ILR at that time as he had lived in UK for less then 2 years. Due to this he was given visa extension for another 2 years. His visa will expire in 2017. He now can apply for ILR if he wants to or he can do it later once the visa ends in 2017.

My question is regarding the housing benefit claim and its affect of his ILR application in near future.

I am working full-time and in receipt of tax credit and child benefit. I was not aware about housing benefit until recently.I am trying to claim housing benefit as I have been told that I can claim around £800/month. Currently my husband is not working but I am certain that he will soon start working within 1-2 months. I will not be claiming anymore benefit once my husband starts working.

So, if I claim housing benefit now will this cause any problem when he applies for his ILR after 2 years?

Kindly enlighten me.

navodwickra

Re: Housing Benefit and ILR application issue

Post by navodwickra » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:44 pm

As long as whatever the benefits you claim under your name and your name only he doesn't have any sort of problem.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Tax credits must be in joint names though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zakir1988
BANNED

Post by zakir1988 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:27 am

This will help found useful information http://www.housing-rights.info/03_9_Wor ... ited-leave
Click on the link it has all information to housing benefit and council tax benefit where one partner has limited leave.