ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching from Tier 1(Ent) to Tier 2

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 1(Ent) to Tier 2

Post by WwW » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Hi guys, need your opinions plz

I am on Enterp 50 K route. Business is running fine, no issues with investment and employment creation.
I have a good paying contract with one of my client but now my client is looking to finish the contract and to hire permanent employee for the role as they could save a lot this way. To fill up that role, my client is looking to sponsor someone on Tier 2. My repute is very good with them and they can consider me for that role if I request them.
I can qualify for 10 years after an extension of Enterp visa. Due to recent up/downs in this visa category I am feeling this Tier 2 opportunity to switch and secure 10 years based long residency.
What do you guys advise?

Irfanmz

Re: Switching from Tier 1(Ent) to Tier 2

Post by Irfanmz » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:54 pm

10 years is Legal stay of 10 years in the country under any legal status (I think) should not be a problem.

niomi
United States of America

Post by niomi » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:03 pm

What would you do with your business if you switched?

I've heard that you can't have more than 10% shares in a company if you are on Tier 2. Anyone know if this is true?

Newly Registered

Post by WwW » Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:35 pm

I will close/sale out the business... That's it. Nothing to worry about 10%. Moreover my spouse can run the business as a director, who stops her.