ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Next Steps?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

icwcontra
Newly Registered

Next Steps?

Post by icwcontra » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:52 am

Guys,
I have finally received my visa. Here is my timeline:

Applied in New Delhi - 2nd Dec 2014
Biometrics - 5th Dec
Interview email recvd - 9th Dec
Interview Date - 9th Jan (Seems like the entire staff packed off for Christmas)
Interview scheduled at 11 am on 9th Jan. Actual start time - 1 pm. The interviewer is visually irritated and overworked. Gives me a lame excuse for the delay that her comp was not starting. Oh yeah!
Interview lasts 1 hr 15 min mostly because she is typing my answers.
She promises to get back in one week.
Collect your passport email received - 19th Jan. Reach VFS offices the same evening.
Rejection letter waits in the VFS polybag.

rejected on the grounds that the Case Worker did not think I was a genuine entrepreneur and that I had experience in my field. This despite I having made one successful exit previously from my earlier company in the same area and getting quoted by international media nearly everyday as a subject matter expert in my area.

23rd Jan - Applied for an Admin review.
26th Feb - receive email that earlier decision has been overturned. Visa would not be a problem. Submit passports now.
27th Feb - Passports submited
9th March - Visa received.

Total time - three months. In most ideal cases the time is less than 10 working days.

Now my questions are:

1. I am moving to UK on the 30th. What do I need to do right after arrival i.e. where all I need to register?
2. What documents do banks need to open my personal bank accounts and my company's bank accounts.
3. Any tips on settling in.

I am planning to stay in Ealing, quite close to Ealing Broadway station.

Help appreciated