ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

£200K outside UK Visa done in Dubai

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NAR

£200K outside UK Visa done in Dubai

Post by NAR » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:30 pm

Here is the timeline:

Application online completed and paid for on 6/6/2014
Biometric done on Monday 9/6/2014
Got a call to agree on an interview date on 12/6/2014
Interview done in Abu Dhabi on 15/06/2014
Got passport today 16/6/2014

Interview was 20 min. Only questions about business, all standard questions, asking and typing the answers on the computer. questions such as why this type of business, why in the UK, explain your marketing, explain your choice of location, how many staff, how much salaries will be provided and previous business experience.

Documents are :

Current Passport + two previous ones.
Printed application from online with glued single Photo on it.
Business Plan
English Certificate
Barclays London bank statement
Standard local bank statement for maintenance for everyone.
Marriage Certificate + Birth Certificates for everyone including myself.

My advice for everyone going to apply is to make their UKBA verification process as easy and as as fast as possible. They will check everything, so if it is fast, you will get fast action. If you are able not to complicate the paperwork by providing too many letters, and guarantee and proof, and mixed accounts with mixed signatures and other things then (even thought its ok if you have no other option) but expect some delays until they complete their verification process per their guideline. So if you have the option to put the money in single account in your name assuming your father or relative is willing to give you the money, then just do that as it will be fast.

When i found out that most banks in Dubai are not willing to change the format of the letter to UKBA template, i decided to just send the money to UK, this way all the points will be awarded just by using single page statement with no bank letters at all.

I opened the account in Barclays, sent the money, got the statement one day after the money is cleared, and just used that single page statement, it has only one line; the transfer deposit. The proved enough for all the first 75 points, as the amount is there (not time limit how long) and money is in FSA Regulated and disposable (already in the UK).

Good luck to all...

mbilal77
Newly Registered

Re: £200K outside UK Visa done in Dubai

Post by mbilal77 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:22 am

Congrats brother, I need help can we talk ?

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:49 am

good preparation and organistaion of document and hence much wanted result.
congrats.....

NAR

Post by NAR » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Thanx guys. Even though the visa itself took 7 working days to be issued, but this been a long 6 months research. I travelled to London three times during, and met with probably over 10 people from tax advisors, accountants, letting agents for warehouses, 4 different kids schools and even have a deposit put on a house in West Acton. Its nice when everything falls into place. I truly wish everyone a successful end to their applications.

@mbilal77, i replied to your PM.

H4na
Newly Registered

Post by H4na » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:37 am

Dear Brother,

Thanks for posting.
I need to get some assitance from you.Is there any chance we can talk?
Please inbox me

Pointer
Newly Registered

Post by Pointer » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Can you tell me how you managed to open a bank account in London before being a resident? I tried to open with Lloyds and Barcleys. Both rejected my application.

usmanrana989
Newly Registered

Post by usmanrana989 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:22 am

How did you manage to Open a bank account in UK?
was this a business account or just a personal account?

khandrakhan

Post by khandrakhan » Sat May 02, 2015 8:52 pm

congrats!!!!

rogatoler
Newly Registered
India

Post by rogatoler » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:54 pm

Pointer wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:30 pm
Can you tell me how you managed to open a bank account in London before being a resident? I tried to open with Lloyds and Barclays. Both rejected my application.
Barclays opened a London-based account for me remotely without having to visit any branch. Search for Barclays International Banking - the application process is fully online, and they do a video call to verify the original passport and address proof. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

rogatoler
Newly Registered
India

Post by rogatoler » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:55 pm

rogatoler wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:54 pm
Pointer wrote:
Can you tell me how you managed to open a bank account in London before being a resident? I tried to open with Lloyds and Barclays. Both rejected my application.
Barclays opened a London-based account for me remotely without having to visit any branch. Search for Barclays International Banking - the application process is fully online, and they do a video call to verify the original passport and address proof. The entire process took about 3 weeks.
Btw, I'm based in Dubai. Not sure if things are the same for people from all locations.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:59 pm

rogatoler wrote:
Pointer wrote:
rogatoler wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:55 pm
rogatoler wrote:
Pointer wrote:
Btw, I'm based in Dubai. Not sure if things are the same for people from all locations.
Kindly desist from digging up topics from 2014/15 and tagging posts on. None of the members in this thread have been online since 2014/2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.