ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Makul2009
Newly Registered

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by Makul2009 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:46 pm

Guys did any of use a solicitor to apply for your ilr's?

mughal31
Newly Registered

Post by mughal31 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:25 pm

i think most of us did not use any solister

imai
Newly Registered

Post by imai » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Makul2009 wrote:Guys did any of use a solicitor to apply for your ilr's?
I didn't use a solicitor, i used what's called Brass in my area which helps refugees. DON'T worry Makul2009 in am sure it's coming maybe by end of this week. Good luck everyone who is still waiting.

Sophist
Newly Registered

Post by Sophist » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:47 pm

Hello everyone!

I've been following this thread for a while as I have several unanswered questions (scoured all over the net but in vain). Any effort to answer my query is highly appreciated. Not sure how to formulate my query and as such may regrettably be long.

About my case: My limited refugee status is due to expire in June and planning to apply for ILR exactly a month before expiry (in May).

The pressing issue is, I have recently started in a job that I love and pays handsomely, but unfortunately my employer is not familiar with refugee cases (I am the first with Refugee status working with this company) and, thus, my boss has informed me that they've to send me packing upon expiry of my status until I can provide a valid residence permit. I've brought to his awareness that I am eligible to work while awaiting decision as well as the employers' hotline he can call once I apply, but seems reluctant as it is easier for him to get someone with no risk/baggage* to replace me. I am not permanent staff.

Now is there a way (official) I can show to the employer of my continued right to work while awaiting decision?
Is it advisable to use a solicitor or the refugee council to write me a note explaining such?
Is there HO link that I can get such info that I can take to the company? I've read, in here, that the confirmation letter of receipt isn't always sent by HO.

I've other questions but I reckon I'll ask another time. Thanks.

SyedAli786
Newly Registered

Post by SyedAli786 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:49 pm

Application: 06/11/2014
HO. Received: 07/11/2014
Reply regarding bio: 22/11/14
Biometric done: 26/11/2014
Approval latter received: 14/04/2015
BRP Card received: 14/04/2015
Hello every one I just like to share that from applying to till receiving date I listen lot of stories from different kinds of people when I asked anything from anyone even from solicter etc trust me mostly don't have knowledge but passed the comments which disheartening.
Thanks to everyone end of the day I got it with all my family even I'm getting benefit from the day 1st. Don't worry you all soon received good news leave everything on God.
As you think more about it definitely more tension I understand all of you. Be strong and keep busy yourself in your work. Wish you all the best.

rkrai26
Newly Registered

Post by rkrai26 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:37 am

Hi trace.willington ,
I received exactly like your email today saying

We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information about our service standards and other information that you may find helpful with regard to your application.

If there is a change in your circumstances, please contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

You will be notified of the outcome of your application in writing.

Is it guys again waiting time more longer or anything you guys have experiance please share.
Regards

Mahm256

Post by Mahm256 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:28 pm

Hey Sophist

When you send off your ILR application, within a week or two you'll receive a letter as receipt which will stipulate all your entitlements and you'll pass it on to you employer. I as well started a job on 1st of this month, my ILR application was sent on the 23/03.
Your employer cannot send you packing on those grounds unless he's willing to be dragged to an employment tribunal which might impose a heavy fine and compensation for unfair dismissal.
Good luck

Sophist
Newly Registered

Post by Sophist » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:11 pm

Mahm256 wrote:Hey Sophist

When you send off your ILR application, within a week or two you'll receive a letter as receipt which will stipulate all your entitlements and you'll pass it on to you employer. I as well started a job on 1st of this month, my ILR application was sent on the 23/03.
Your employer cannot send you packing on those grounds unless he's willing to be dragged to an employment tribunal which might impose a heavy fine and compensation for unfair dismissal.
Good luck
Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, all temp staff sign a quarterly contract in my company till they take you as permanent. Now my contract ends a week prior to my LLR's expiry. The boss simply says he won't renew my contract. There's little I can do legally. The contract clearly states that its at the employer's discretion to either renew it or not depending on the company's need. I am sure he'll find another excuse to let me go to avoid any legal loophole. He's ignorant of the whole asylum process. And the fact that he found out about the expiry just now on his own as I didn't let him know in advance didnt make things easier.

Reading this thread, I understand that not everyone receives receipt.

mughal31
Newly Registered

Post by mughal31 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:40 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by trace.willington » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:09 pm

Application Sent: 6/march/ 2015- Set (P) Route
Application Received by UKBA: 7,march, 2015
Biometric Letter Received: 16, march, 2015 ( dated 12, march)
Enrolled Biometrics: 17, march, 2015
Approval Letter Received: waiting
BRP Card Received: waiting

mughal31
Newly Registered

Post by mughal31 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:45 am

by trace.willington » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:54 am

Hello guys!

I have to apply SET P after feb. I have lost my immigration status document. I only have travel document. I am just wondering if i can apply with travel document only

so when u apply in march 6 2015 or feb 2013 ?????

Mahm256

Post by Mahm256 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:24 pm

Sophist

EVERYONE has to get that receipt of application because it comes with the biometric enrolment application. Sometimes it comes early within a week of later with 3-4 weeks but it has to come and you pass it to your employer.
Good luck

trace.willington
Newly Registered

Post by trace.willington » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:10 am

rkrai26 wrote:Hi trace.willington ,

We are emailing you to confirm that your recent Home Office application is still under consideration and we expect to make a decision within 6 months of the date of your application, which is our service standard. If we are unable to process your application within 6 months we will tell you as soon as possible.

Our web page contains further information about our service standards and other information that you may find helpful with regard to your application.

If there is a change in your circumstances, please contact us using this link: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp

Is it guys again waiting time more longer or anything you guys have experiance please share.
Regards

Really? This is annoying, hope we don't have to wait too long

trace.willington
Newly Registered

Post by trace.willington » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:11 am

mughal31 wrote:Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

by trace.willington » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:54 am

Hello guys!

I have to apply SET P after feb. I have lost my immigration status document. I only have travel document. I am just wondering if i can apply with travel document only

so when u apply in march 6 2015 or feb 2013 ?????
I applied on 6 of march 2015

Makul2009
Newly Registered

Post by Makul2009 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi all I received my ilr letter today. Brp is yet to arrive.

rkrai26
Newly Registered

Post by rkrai26 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:08 pm

Congratulation makul2009 after a long wait finally :D your freedom arrived must be a great feeling.
Best of luck pal.

imai
Newly Registered

Post by imai » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:51 pm

Congratulations Makul2009,told you it's coming soon, so happy for you God is great

Mai201555
Newly Registered

Post by Mai201555 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:50 pm

Hi Makul2009,

Congragulation! Your freedom. I am still waiting.

Mai201555

Makul2009
Newly Registered

Post by Makul2009 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for the wishes. And YES I am SO HAPPY.

Mai201555,
Just to let you know, if the application has any problems, then HO would have written to you a long time ago, they would not wait till the end. So don't worry my friend, you will definitely get it in the next few days.

I promise, I will pray for all of you waiting to get it.

Take care

Melak

Post by Melak » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:05 am

Been away from forum for a while but my wait still continues. Timeline is as follows.
Application sent: 20/01/2015
Received in Liverpool: 21/01/2015
BIometrics letter: 24/01/2015
Enrolled BIometrics: 24/01/2015
Approval letter: Still Waiting

Congrats to you that have been approved!

rkrai26
Newly Registered

Post by rkrai26 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:54 am

Hi melak we are in a same time line i applied on 05th of december and i am still awaiting.

rkrai26
Newly Registered

Post by rkrai26 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:09 am

Hello and hi to dear all lovely people in this form who supported until the last day of my applucation.
Finally the waiting is over for me i received a letter of approved for my ILR . I am so happy today i finally got my ILR and i will pray to GOD that all my friends who are waiting please just wait a few mire days or weeks your waiting will be over .
Here is my time line once again brothers and sisters:
Applied ILR on : 05/12/2014
Conformation email received:16/12/2014
Bio metric enrollement letter received:18/12/2014
Dated. 16/12/2014
Biometric enrolled on:18/12/2014
Approval received. :22/04/2015
Approval letter prepared date:21/04/2015
And finally i will see you next year in naturalisation form :D
Keep in touch friends next year and have a wonderful life.

rkrai26
Newly Registered

Post by rkrai26 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:12 am

One more thing they have attached my travel document as well which is expired this year on january am i still be able to use for travel . If you guys have any idea share please
Regards

mughal31
Newly Registered

Post by mughal31 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:19 am

Congratulation brother and good luck

Melak

Post by Melak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:14 am

trace.willington wrote:
rkrai26 wrote:Hi trace.willington ,

Regards

Really? This is annoying, hope we don't have to wait too long
I too received that exact same email on the 22nd. Seeing as RKrai26 you have received your ILR maybe we won't be waiting too long! I really hope this is over soon for me too. CONGRATULATIONS RKRAI26 ON YOUR NEW FOUND FREEDOM!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU IN THE NATURALISATION FORUM!!

piri
Newly Registered

Post by piri » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:40 am

rkrai26 wrote:One more thing they have attached my travel document as well which is expired this year on january am i still be able to use for travel . If you guys have any idea share please
Regards

you wont be able to travel with that travel document, you will need to apply for a new travel document which i think takes about 3months to come back