ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Qualification in 04/2015 Set(O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bmaru

Re: English Qualification in 04/2015 Set(O) form

Post by bmaru » Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:35 am

Any one have success with PBS calculator printout using Tier 2 option for english language???

jpat2002

Post by jpat2002 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Can anyone please inform me what email id to use to if you have any enquiry about ILR/Settlement.?
Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:17 pm

jpat2002 wrote:Can anyone please inform me what email id to use to if you have any enquiry about ILR/Settlement.?
SettlementOpsPolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

ubuntu fan
Newly Registered

Post by ubuntu fan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Finally got my ILR today.

I can confirm PBS print out is accepted as UK NARIC deemed.

My details here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1175352

puneetdwd

Post by puneetdwd » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:45 pm

Could you provide Settlment Ops email id.I have appointment to attend next week, which was booked in march before 6 April.
the UKVI customer care confirmed me on 14th that I can stil use old form till 30th April and mentioned I can take her name and time to the csse worker.
I have already proved my English language during initial Tier 1 and 2 T1 extension s
my wife dependent Indian master degree recognised by PBS calculator Print taken before 6th April.
hope that suffice?

Thanks
puneet
P

rajivmathew
Newly Registered

Post by rajivmathew » Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:34 am

Finally got ILR from PEO Croydon.
Experience
1- Leave early if driving to croydon. Parking opposite to lunar house is whitgift shopping centre with NCP parking. 5.50 per day it is.
2- Any other category english language PBS calculator points can be given as evidence. Infact a print of the page showing degree subject year and points earned alone would also do.
3-Do provide original masters degree and degree taught jn english letter or transcripts for english language.
4-Payslips, bank statements 12 months highlighting salary payments.
Early morning applications are better as later in the day there could be delay due to overload and or case complexity.
Waiting is long and boring so take your ipods but vheck the svreens and listen to announcements as screen was not working when I went and showed old token numbers.

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:51 am

Thank you very much Rajiv, Puneet & Ubuntu fan. Lots of Congratulations to you guys.

I would request others to let this happiness and confirmations keep coming. Thanks Guys.

puneetdwd

Post by puneetdwd » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:45 am

Mine is on next week Wish me Luck.
Can someone please share email if of settlement ops
Please
P

ubuntu fan
Newly Registered

Post by ubuntu fan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:56 pm

puneetdwd wrote:Mine is on next week Wish me Luck.
Can someone please share email if of settlement ops
Please

here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1174297

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:34 pm

Hi

I have my ILR due in May 2015 and i have similar questions regarding the English language requirement.

I have got my Bachelor degree in Computer science from Pakistan and it was approved and shown by PBS calculator when i applied for Tier 1 General back in June 2010 ( as per rules placed after 06-April-2010). It was also available on the PBS calculator in 2012 when i applied for my extension in May 2012. Now the PBS calculator is changed after 06-April-2015. So in SET(o) 04/2015 version form, which option should i select under section 4 Knowledge of English and Life in UK /4.3 options combined with options in 9B Section = Qualification Assessment on page 38 of SET_O__Version_04-2015.pdf form.

Also do i need to fill the payment section if i am booking an online appointment PEO at the centre ?

Please help as this very confusing. Thanks in advance..

Looking forward to your expert opinion.

Best Regards,
M.Z

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:38 pm

hi all,

i want to add that english language requirement might be completed by only submitting the previously submitted English language test results i.e. IELTS etc at the time of first initial application.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:14 pm

ILR21, please could you post the email address you used to contact the Home Office?

Thanks.

pebb1ee

Post by pebb1ee » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:16 pm

Hi Mate

So for UK Madter degree we dont need any letter from NARIC UK or do we need NARIC letter too along with UK Master degree. In new form UKVI has created more confusion most of the people are worried about English Language requirements.

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
No you dont need Naric letter. Your original UK degree and its transcript will suffice.

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:51 am

mzeeshan wrote:Hi

I have my ILR due in May 2015 and i have similar questions regarding the English language requirement.

I have got my Bachelor degree in Computer science from Pakistan and it was approved and shown by PBS calculator when i applied for Tier 1 General back in June 2010 ( as per rules placed after 06-April-2010). It was also available on the PBS calculator in 2012 when i applied for my extension in May 2012. Now the PBS calculator is changed after 06-April-2015. So in SET(o) 04/2015 version form, which option should i select under section 4 Knowledge of English and Life in UK /4.3 options combined with options in 9B Section = Qualification Assessment on page 38 of SET_O__Version_04-2015.pdf form.

Also do i need to fill the payment section if i am booking an online appointment PEO at the centre ?

Best Regards,
M.Z

You need to show an IELTs test certificate (as well as LIUK) or other English Language test recognised by the Home Office as I doubt any Degree taught in Pakistan will award you the English Language points.

For the qualification points, you need to check the option "below" if you have previously submitted your degree certificate and been awarded the points for your T1 General applications.

"Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of
previous Tier 1 (General) application".

Many people are having this issue since the T1 General option has been removed from the points based calculator as they can no longer verify their degrees which had been previously listed there and they got points for it.

And yes, it is recommended to fill in the payment details if you have already booked an appointment and paid for the whole thing.

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Fri May 01, 2015 3:27 pm

so which of the below would be marked on the ILR form when we submit life in UK results and expired IELTS origianl certificate:

A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR
• An ESOL qualification at Entry Level 3, Level 1 or Level 2 , that includes speaking and listening which has been regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). It must be listed as an ESOL qualification on the Ofqual Register and taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland; OR
• A National Qualification in ESOL at Scottish Qualifications Framework (SCFQ) levels 4, 5 or 6, awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA); OR
An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗˗UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗˗the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR
▪▪You are a national of a majority English speaking country (as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

mzeeshan

Post by mzeeshan » Fri May 01, 2015 8:30 pm

ResidentEvil wrote:
mzeeshan wrote:Hi

Best Regards,
M.Z

You need to show an IELTs test certificate (as well as LIUK) or other English Language test recognised by the Home Office as I doubt any Degree taught in Pakistan will award you the English Language points.

For the qualification points, you need to check the option "below" if you have previously submitted your degree certificate and been awarded the points for your T1 General applications.

"Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of
previous Tier 1 (General) application".

Many people are having this issue since the T1 General option has been removed from the points based calculator as they can no longer verify their degrees which had been previously listed there and they got points for it.

And yes, it is recommended to fill in the payment details if you have already booked an appointment and paid for the whole thing.

Hi ResidentEvil,

Thanks for the reply but i feel that you've made it even more confusing.

The option you referred in your reply "Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of
previous Tier 1 (General) application". Where did you find this ? could you paste a link or pointer for this please ?

2ndly, I think i have found this link https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications to clear the confusion but i need you guys to read it and please confirm me whether i am correct in my understanding or not ?.

The excerpt from the above link is as follows :
If your qualification’s expired

Some qualifications on the Home Office’s list will expire after 2 years. Your qualification will still be accepted as proof if you’re applying for citizenship, even after it’s expired.

If you’re applying to settle in the UK, your expired qualification may still be accepted as proof if it was one of the following:
  • previously accepted by the Home Office in connection with another immigration application, eg entry clearance
  • awarded in the UK and is on the Ofqual register
You’ll need to have a certificate confirming your qualification or check that your online results can be viewed by UKVI.
now correct me if i am wrong here..
  • IELTS is a type of english language qualification that expires after 2 years. Correct ? My IELTS result got expired in 2011.
Then it says
  • If you’re applying to settle in the UK (which is ILR visa. Correct ?? ) your expired qualification may still be accepted as proof if it was one of the following

the first bulleted point above says

If your english qualification was previously accepted as part of your other immigration application e.g Entry Clearance . Now Tier 1 G visa is an entry clearance visa isn't it ?

I submitted the same expired IELTS result for my recent extension in 2012 which i submitted back in 2010 for my First Tier 1 G visa application. So as per above rule, do i need to submit an old expired IELTS result again for my ILR or i have to do it again ?

Looking forward to the clarifications. Please respond.

Thanks.
M.Z

ResidentEvil

Post by ResidentEvil » Tue May 05, 2015 9:06 am

Hi Zeeshan

The option you referred in your reply "Qualification recognised on the points-based calculator and evidence submitted as part of
previous Tier 1 (General) application". Where did you find this ? could you paste a link or pointer for this please ?

This appears on the form Set (O) Version 04/15 - Page 39

Also, you need to select

Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1
(General) application.

This is on Page 40.

IELTs is still valid as your English Language requirement for Visa. It is on the list of UK Home office recognised tests and your excerpt makes it very clear too. Just submit your old original IELTS test certificate (as well as LIUK) with the application and you will be fine.

Regards,

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:31 pm

Hi All,

I would like to let everyone know that I got my ILR done at Croydon. It was very smooth process and I was out in little bit over 2 hrs. I booked the appointment of morning at 09:00 am but reached there at 08:00 am and process started at 08:00 am itself.

For english, I provided my degree again as I provided in first Tier1 application along with PBS summary taken using Tier2 route from PBS calculator as it was suggested in this thread earlier.

In form, I selected the two options:
• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:

˗˗UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or

Also while I was waiting there in HO office, caseworker called me on my phone and asked me about why I haven't applied for my child. I explained to him, as soon as I get my ILR done, I'll apply for British registration and then passport. He sort of already knew my answer but I think they need to do this check for something so it's better to keep your phones ON and keep an eye on it especially if it is on Silent like mine.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me in sorting my questions.

sampuvbs
Newly Registered

Post by sampuvbs » Tue May 05, 2015 7:27 pm

Hi MeraTier1,

Thanks for sharing the information. Can you please confirm:
1) you have submitted your degree certificate and chose for Degree Taught in Engligh and recognized by PBS in previous Tier 1 application

2) You have written to UK NARIC and submitted their letter to confirm Degree recognised by UK NARIC

Did you submit both or only point (1) please.

Also, this holds good (only point (1)) for dependents as well?

thanks
Sam

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:36 pm

Point 1 only. It is sufficient for dependant as well.

shah_pooja

Post by shah_pooja » Wed May 06, 2015 9:51 pm

Meratier - thanks for sharing your experience with us,

So if I understand, you have used the new form after april 2015 and ticked against Naric options for english langauge.

Can you pl help me-
I have a graduation deg from India and on the PBS I can see my deg and it offers me 10 points. So can I go with a PBS printout with tier2 g and my original degree certificate for my english requirement-KOLL

For my deg qualification, I had used my ca degree with Naric letter..ie I had not used my graduation deg for my degree criteria.

Do I need any naric assessement for KOLL purpose? or just PBS/deg is enough ?

meratier1

Post by meratier1 » Thu May 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi, yeah used new form and selected earlier mentioned options in form.
I used the tier2 pbs summary which awarded me 10 points. Also gave original degree to support that. All this in KOLl section.
For degree section, I selected that I have already provided my qualification during previous application. Hope this helps.

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:27 am

hi Resident Evil,

Thanks for your info of page 39-40 i would also like your help in confirming that when we select :
previous Tier 1 (General) application" AND
Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1
(General) application.
do we still need to submit any evidence i.e. UK naric OR PBS calculator OR original degree once above options are selected?????

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Fri May 08, 2015 9:30 am

i also want to add the Immigration Directorate Instructions confirms on page 17

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _6a_01.pdf

"Documents required
An applicant who has previously been given permission to stay in the United Kingdom under Tier 1 (General) or the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme, and previously scored points for the same qualification for which he/she wishes to claim points in his/her current application, does not need to send evidence of his/her qualification again."

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:58 pm

can someone plz comment on my query?
thanks in advance