ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple Visits for Schengen Business Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alakazam

Multiple Visits for Schengen Business Visa

Post by Alakazam » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:56 am

Dear Sir/Madam

If I am issued a Schengen Multiple Entry Business Visa based on a business requirement in Sweden, is it possible to visit other Schengen zone countries if I am called up for an ad-hoc business meetings in those other Schengen countries?

For example:
I am issued the Multiple Entry Business Visa on 25th March 2015.
I visit Sweden for my original business meeting on 2nd April 2015
and then return home to the UK on 4th April 2015.
My boss, who is in Berlin, calls me up the next day (5th April 2015)
and asks me to immediately pack up for a business meeting in Paris scheduled on 7th April 2015.
Since I don't have an invite from the French company, will I be barred from entering France using the same Business visa?

If the French border control does not allow me to enter France under the same visa due to the lack of an invitation from a French company, will a letter from my boss convince the border control agents?

Any guidance on this will be appreciated.

Notes
1. Sweden and France have been used as examples. These 2 can be replaced by any 2 countries in the Schengen zone
2. I live in the UK under a settlement visa.

Thanks
Best regards
Alakazam

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Multiple Visits for Schengen Business Visa

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:34 pm

This topic would be best moved to the Europe Immigration forum.

I can't give a definitive answer to your question, however do know that you are generally expected to be able to provide evidence for the reason for your visit along with the ability to prove that you meet the rest of the requirements stated at the time you were granted the visa. E.g. Accommodation, return travel tickets, travel insurance etc...

I personally have never been asked to show evidence of an invitation when entering the Schengen area on a Business visa. But have had it with me. I've been asked questions on reason for visit, how long my stay is, where I'll be staying and proof of return travel. So I guess technically they could ask to see an invitation letter as well. Or possibly any other evidence that would clearly show the reason for your visit.

Alakazam

Post by Alakazam » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:51 pm

Hi cs95tdg

Thanks for your response.

I would definitely be having my return tickets, accommodation details and travel insurance.

Does immigration boards have a Europe immigration thread? Or did you mean to go to a different website altogether?

Thanks
Best regards
Alakazam

Alakazam

Post by Alakazam » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi cs95tdg

I found the Europe immigration thread.

Thanks
Alakazam

Alakazam

Business Visit to Schengen Zone without Inivitation from Inv

Post by Alakazam » Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:03 am

Dear Sir/Madam

If I am issued a Schengen Multiple Entry Business Visa based on a business requirement in Sweden, is it possible to visit other Schengen zone countries if I am called up for an ad-hoc business meetings in those other Schengen countries?

For example:
I am issued the Multiple Entry Business Visa on 25th March 2015.
I visit Sweden for my original business meeting on 2nd April 2015
and then return home to the UK on 4th April 2015.
My boss, who is in Berlin, calls me up the next day (5th April 2015)
and asks me to immediately pack up for a business meeting in Paris scheduled on 7th April 2015.
Since I don't have an invite from the French company, will I be barred from entering France using the same Business visa?

If the French border control does not allow me to enter France under the same visa due to the lack of an invitation from a French company, will a letter from my boss convince the border control agents?

Any guidance on this will be appreciated.

Notes
1. Sweden and France have been used as examples. These 2 can be replaced by any 2 countries in the Schengen zone
2. I live in the UK under a settlement visa.

Thanks
Best regards
Alakazam

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:47 am

As the immigration officer would have the right to ask for evidence proving the reason for your visit I would personally at least get the following, in the event you are not able to get a formal invitation letter itself.
Or possibly any other evidence that would clearly show the reason for your visit.