ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

das09
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence applications

Post by das09 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:04 pm

re1thk wrote:Hi das09,

If you are applying for ILR on Long residence basis (10 Years) you wont even need the payslips. Just your Life in the UK and English Language Certificate.

Thanks
Revanth
Thanks Revanth, for postijg answer; apparently it is the only thing that i was being worried about.... it hight time that i concentrate on my life in the UK test...

Thanks once again....

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi Sud315,
I have called them many times but every time i call them i get the same stupid answer" your application has not been completed yet, continue to wait". I am really frustrated sick of this, and thanks for your best wishes i appreciate it

thanks

sud315 wrote:
hammad14 wrote:Hi sumon2003,
Actually i am waiting for my decision since last 11 months, i don't know what type of investigation is this which can't be completed in more than a year, those colleges who abused the system are still up and running, we are the only one who suffer from both sides, this investigation is taking ridiculously long i am really frustrated and stress. I might withdraw my application and go home.

Sumon2003 wrote:Hi all,
Is there any One who had interview for the ETS matter and after that what is the outcome .
Is there any one got any approval/refuse after waiting long time cause I am waiting 7 months now.
Sorry to hear it's taking this long. I really do hope you'll get a good result asap.
Isn't there any phone no/ email address that you can use to check the progress given that it's taken this long :?: :!:

sud315

Post by sud315 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:28 pm

Hi Hammad,

Is your case complicated that they take this long?
Would you not be able to expedite this in anyway?
Didn't you ask that why they take so long when their estimated time is 6 months. Why it take so long above average?

Some had commented that they send a second email saying if it's not going to be decided in 6 months they would let us know asap.
So did they do that in your case?

Yes it is ridiculous and understand your frustration for having to wait so long even having paid huge visa fees :x
Really hope you get it sorted out soon!! :) :)

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:39 pm

Hi Sud314,

Actually i used the TOEIC english certificate which is under investigation, you might have heard about the ETS scam, the bbc televised the documentary on it, some colleges were involved in abusing the system taking the proxy test for others. But there are a lot who have taken the test genuinely who are suffering as well. I have already sent them another english test and yet they are holding my application.
sud315 wrote:Hi Hammad,

Is your case complicated that they take this long?
Would you not be able to expedite this in anyway?
Didn't you ask that why they take so long when their estimated time is 6 months. Why it take so long above average?

Some had commented that they send a second email saying if it's not going to be decided in 6 months they would let us know asap.
So did they do that in your case?

Yes it is ridiculous and understand your frustration for having to wait so long even having paid huge visa fees :x
Really hope you get it sorted out soon!! :) :)

hammad14

Post by hammad14 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:01 pm

hi all
please sign the following petition

https://www.change.org/p/home-office-uk ... themselves

das09
Newly Registered

Post by das09 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:01 am

hammad14 wrote:Hi sumon2003,
Actually i am waiting for my decision since last 11 months, i don't know what type of investigation is this which can't be completed in more than a year, those colleges who abused the system are still up and running, we are the only one who suffer from both sides, this investigation is taking ridiculously long i am really frustrated and stress. I might withdraw my application and go home.

Sumon2003 wrote:Hi all,
Is there any One who had interview for the ETS matter and after that what is the outcome .
Is there any one got any approval/refuse after waiting long time cause I am waiting 7 months now.

Good luck to u ha mad and summon

zilcan
Newly Registered

ILR rejected (need help)

Post by zilcan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:46 am

Hi All,

I have just received a bad news regarding my ilr i.e. rejected. I will be seeing my solicitor today. However, from the notes on website I found that I can go for reconsideration and/or judicial (I haven't been given a permission to appeal, based on my current stay, which will be expiring in 2018). I came to UK in 2005 and since then, I extended my visa based on educational grounds. In January 2010, I applied for student visa and they sent me documents back as the picture wasn't valid. Exactly on the same day i.e. 1st March (or within 28 days of visa expiring period, visa expired on 31st January), I sent my documents again. However, in a mistake, I sent them wrong application form (I didn't realize that between the first submission and the second submission, the requirements were changed). On 8th of April, HO sent a letter saying that my application is rejected. I contacted University (I am still at the same university and doing my doctoral degree), who made a new application in May, but between this time they sent a letter to HO (in between April and May) stating that the student didn't know regarding the application and now we are submitting his new application. In the month of July, HO granted me visa.

The main reason of rejection is same, I am disappointed by that news as I work really hard in live. I contacted several solicitors yesterday, who have suggested me for various things. I also searched on your website and came across the term reconsideration and also got information from HO's website. At the moment, I am not sure that if my solicitor stated in a covering letter regarding my previous visa rejection and the whole story (I will be seeing him today). Could anyone provide me with suggestion???

Many thanks,
Zac

sa428
Newly Registered

Post by sa428 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:54 am

i was refused my ILR because there are gaps of 85 days. In my own understand it was administrative error . I have submitted a pre-action to HO and the HO made their stand. My solicitor said he need to judicial review that is to go court. I am confused because of the cost involved. Can I change my solicitor. If yes can i just find another solicitor. Is anybody here with this same issue.

Hello 27

Post by Hello 27 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:25 am

Mashallah with the grace of almighty allah i receive approval letter and i am thankful for this forum and i have best wishes for all those applicants who are waiting for their decision

Application sent: 04/03/2015
Money Taken from account: 06/03/2015
biometric letter received: 20/03/2015
Biometric recorded: 20/03/2015
Approval date: 15/03/2015
Docs received: 15/03/2015
BRP: Waitin

Na74

Post by Na74 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:32 am

Hi guys,
I am going for same day appointment next week on Wednesday. All your prayers are needed. Everything else is straightforward, apart from that I do not have one of my three passports issued in last ten years as it was stolen in UK. Got copy of that , plus visa copy, police report etc. ( I hope Home office has all records anyway which they can check to confirm travel dates). Any ideas how to overcome this ? Could this be a problem? Has anyone else had this problem?

Jernifrmstudent2ilr
Newly Registered

Post by Jernifrmstudent2ilr » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:50 am

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if someone can guide me regarding my below question:

One my friend he recently got married in pakistan ( He is British ) Can some one please tell me what are documents required if he wants to apply for his wife visa. He is earning over 30K/year.

Husband's Documents ?
Wife's documents ?

His Mrs has done Master degree from Back home (English Language test will be exempted? )

I can understand that this question is not related to this thread. Can someone please help me on this matter or at least direct me to the right thread.

Thanks in advance.

UKres

Post by UKres » Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:08 pm

Na74 wrote:Hi guys,
I am going for same day appointment next week on Wednesday. All your prayers are needed. Everything else is straightforward, apart from that I do not have one of my three passports issued in last ten years as it was stolen in UK. Got copy of that , plus visa copy, police report etc. ( I hope Home office has all records anyway which they can check to confirm travel dates). Any ideas how to overcome this ? Could this be a problem? Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi Na74 , Good luck for your visa next week , you will be the first one on this form to go same day service , once you get the visa please share your exp , this can help other they are going for same day service:)

once again good luck , do share your experience.

smir
Member of Standing
India

Post by smir » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:42 pm

@Hamzaakbar

How appeal went brother

Please share

As our time is also near

Thanks
Hamzaakbar wrote:
smir wrote:@Hamzaakbar

If you withdraw appeal you are overstayer

Still you can make fresh ILR application in 28 days

But in case may Allah not and HO become naughty and refuse you then no right if appeal

So be careful

Best is soon after 1 April inform Tribunal and HO appeal officer that you finished 10 years and will maintain that you qualify for ILR

May be that HO withdraw appeal or judge in court tell HO to reconsider the case

Hamzaakbar wrote:Hi all
I m very new on this forum . Need help plzzz
Right now I m on an appeal (FLR(fp)] as dependent and my 10 years will b complete on 5th April 2015. My question is what should I do
1-Make a fresh application for ILR .
2-Mention it on our hearing 17th apr .
Also I have two children as well and they born in UK .
Any advice plzzz
Thanks a lot SMIR yaa same thing my solicitor said pray for me plzzz
Thanks again[/quote]

Mysterymeow

Post by Mysterymeow » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:21 pm

[quote="Mysterymeow"]Hello friends
Please could you add me to the spreadsheet. Application sent on 4/4/15. 6 and a half years student, 2 years PSW and 1 year 5 months Tier2. Only potential problem would be a break of 4 months when I lodged an appeal but then Pankina Judgement came through and visa was then approved. So we will see if this is straight forward or not though I did explain in a covering letter.

Thanks
Good luck and may your applications be processed swiftly.[/quote]
Hi Admin
Please could you add me to the spreadsheet as above with acknowledgement via letter received 17/4/15.
Thanks

Sumon2003
Newly Registered

Post by Sumon2003 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:52 pm

After 6 months my local MP send a mail to home office and they send bk that for ETS investigation going on.

I did my ETS test in 2011 but when I apply for 10 years I send the IELTS test result,
Can any one help me on here, I am married with British citizen 3 years now but when I applyed for ILR ( 10 years) I didn't send any paper of my marrige , if I send some paper now is that going to help anything to my application .

[quote="hammad14"]Hi Sud315,
I have called them many times but every time i call them i get the same stupid answer" your application has not been completed yet, continue to wait". I am really frustrated sick of this, and thanks for your best wishes i appreciate it

thanks

[quote="sud315"][quote="hammad14"]Hi sumon2003,

dr_fish13
Newly Registered

Post by dr_fish13 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:08 pm

Hi All,

Good news. Alhamdulillah, I've got my ILR approved today.
My application detail has been updated on the google drive.

Thanks

Darvesh
Member of Standing

Post by Darvesh » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:50 pm

dr_fish13 wrote:Hi All,

Good news. Alhamdulillah, I've got my ILR approved today.
My application detail has been updated on the google drive.

Thanks
Congrats brother.....

xeishan
Newly Registered

Post by xeishan » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:51 pm

Hi all been a silent of this platform form from last 2 months or so - Allhumdulilah I've got my ILR approval today my case dates are below:

Application sent: 03/03/2015
Money Taken from account: 06/03/2015
biometric letter received: 20/03/2015
Biometric recorded: 21/03/2015
Approval date: 17/03/2015
Docs received: 18/03/2015
BRP: Waiting

dream40

Post by dream40 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:58 pm

Hi your biometric is later and your approval first

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:21 pm

dream40 wrote:Hi your biometric is later and your approval first
He meant approval date 17/04/2015
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

sancha

Post by sancha » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:12 pm

Hi - This is really a good forum and I always wish and pray for all members for their success.
My case history as below:
2005 to 2009 work permit
2009 to 2011 student
2011 to 2013 post study visa
2013 to 2014 tier-2 visa
2014 to 2018 tier-4 visa
10 years going to complete in Oct 2015
My wife and kids
2006 to 2018 - dependant visa based on my visa (all time we applied all together)
10 years going to complete in May 2016
Please can you suggest us a practical and sound route for our ilr. My questions
when should I apply ilr (considering my wife and kids visa)?
when my wife and kids should apply dependant visa? Can they remain on current tier-4 dependant visa until May 2016, after my ilr application?
When they should apply their ilr? is it May 2016 or they can apply earlier if come under some transition arrangement (if any) being here since 2006.
Should I change my T-4 visa to T-2 visa before applying ilr if tier-2 visa is helpful to get ilr?
I will really appreciate your suggestions. We all a bit worried as we are coming near to ilr date,
Thanks in advance

jugnouk
Newly Registered

Post by jugnouk » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:34 am

BPR received on 17/04/14
Hi All,
I posted question on MN1 form few time but haven't got any reply yet. My children's born in uk but now in Pakistan, less than 3 years old, Can i apply their MN1 registration from here uk. Please help.

jugnouk wrote:
Darvesh wrote:
jugnouk wrote:Hi All,
I have received my ILR today. Thanks everyone.

I'm not on google drive, can you please update below details

-Applied: 10/03/15
-Acknowledge letter received: 17/03/15
-Biometric letter received: 27/03/15
-Biometric done: 28/03/15
-Approval received: 15/04/15
-BPR: Missed delivery on 15/04/15

I'm happy to help anyone to fill application or require any info. Thanks again! Good Luck
mate congrats....
have you received application acknowledgment email?
i guess u had a straight forward case?
Thanks Darvesh!
Yes i received acknowledgment email on 23rd March.
My case was straight forward no gap, 5.5 years student, 8 months psw and rest tier 1. thx

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:33 am

Please help me understand. My FLR(0) got refused in Dec, 2014. I have been on student visa for 9.8 years. Through the help of solicitor I appealed against the refusal. The date of hearing was set on the 9th May, 2015 but on 04/04/15 I applied for IRL through the same immigration solicitor. I turned 10 years on the 16th March and I have NO absence gaps. The solitor withdraw the appeal first in writing sent by fax and email to the tribunal just before sending the new application on the same day (there was only an hour difference between the withdraw and the new application). I have a confirmation of withdraw from the tribunal confirming the withdraw date. I am not a solicitor but I believe this was a correct procedure to follow. Anyone in the know please? What is worrying me most is that I have not received an acknowledgement letter yet. And I dont want to be told my application was void. Looking on the google timeline for other applicants, it only takes a few days for the HO to acknowledge applications and not weeks. I will appreciate your comments. Thank you

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:45 pm

SEL7 wrote:Please help me understand. My FLR(0) got refused in Dec, 2014. I have been on student visa for 9.8 years. Through the help of solicitor I appealed against the refusal. The date of hearing was set on the 9th May, 2015 but on 04/04/15 I applied for IRL through the same immigration solicitor. I turned 10 years on the 16th March and I have NO absence gaps. The solitor withdraw the appeal first in writing sent by fax and email to the tribunal just before sending the new application on the same day (there was only an hour difference between the withdraw and the new application). I have a confirmation of withdraw from the tribunal confirming the withdraw date. I am not a solicitor but I believe this was a correct procedure to follow. Anyone in the know please? What is worrying me most is that I have not received an acknowledgement letter yet. And I dont want to be told my application was void. Looking on the google timeline for other applicants, it only takes a few days for the HO to acknowledge applications and not weeks. I will appreciate your comments. Thank you
I have a confirmation of withdraw from the tribunal confirming the withdraw date.

What is the withdrawal date in court confirmation letter?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

SEL7

Post by SEL7 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Zee ali wrote:
SEL7 wrote:Please help me understand. My FLR(0) got refused in Dec, 2014. I have been on student visa for 9.8 years. Through the help of solicitor I appealed against the refusal. The date of hearing was set on the 9th May, 2015 but on 04/04/15 I applied for IRL through the same immigration solicitor. I turned 10 years on the 16th March and I have NO absence gaps. The solitor withdraw the appeal first in writing sent by fax and email to the tribunal just before sending the new application on the same day (there was only an hour difference between the withdraw and the new application). I have a confirmation of withdraw from the tribunal confirming the withdraw date. I am not a solicitor but I believe this was a correct procedure to follow. Anyone in the know please? What is worrying me most is that I have not received an acknowledgement letter yet. And I dont want to be told my application was void. Looking on the google timeline for other applicants, it only takes a few days for the HO to acknowledge applications and not weeks. I will appreciate your comments. Thank you
I have a confirmation of withdraw from the tribunal confirming the withdraw date.

What is the withdrawal date in court confirmation letter?
Thanks Zee ali. The letter came on the 10th April. Withdrawal confirmation is the 4th April, 2015.