ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which version of FLR(M) and Health Surcharge

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Which version of FLR(M) and Health Surcharge

Post by thecomptroller » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:03 am

I booked an appointment for 15 April 2015 for my wife and her 2 dependants at a premium service centre. The appointment was booked prior to 6 April 2015 and payment was made in full by credit card (this is a requirement of making a booking at a premium service centre). However, on 6 April 2015, the following happened:
1. the application fee for Form FLR(M) increased by £48 per person;
2. the NHS health surcharge was introduced; and
3. Form FLR(M) changed from version 11/2014 to version 04/2015

I am acquainted with a local immigration lawyer who has given me some advice in the past (which was wrong) and he tells me that although I booked before 6 April 2015, I need to use the current version of the form and indeed this agrees with Para 6 of the Guidance Notes for Form FLR(M), which states "To make a valid application, you must apply on the current version of form FLR(M)......If you fail to do any of these things, your application will be invalid". However, it seems counter intuitive to use the current version because I paid the fees at the old rates (not those given on the current version of the form) and also Section 1.11 of the current version states "Please provide your Immigration Health Surcharge reference number (IHS)": it is my understanding the surcharge does not have to be paid for appointments booked prior to 6 April 2015.

So my questions are:
1 do I use the old or new version of FLR(M)?
2 have we avoided the application fee increase of £48 each?
3 have we avoided the Immigration Health Surcharge?

singma33

Re: Which version of FLR(M) and Health Surcharge

Post by singma33 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:29 am

Hi,

I had the same issue as I booked appointment for the 16th at home office.
I just called the home office and they said that if you paid before the 6th April you don't need to pay the extra fees for healthcare. But they said I need to use the new form dated 04/2015.

I hope this helps.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:37 am

I think that it would depend on the date of application, as specified in 34G.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:38 am

singma33 wrote:Hi,

I had the same issue as I booked appointment for the 16th at home office.
I just called the home office and they said that if you paid before the 6th April you don't need to pay the extra fees for healthcare. But they said I need to use the new form dated 04/2015.

I hope this helps.
Thanks singma33! It's totally daft using the new form if the increased fees and health surcharge are not applicable. Nevertheless, I'll abide by the Guidance Notes in view of your comment. Good luck with your application.

singma33

Post by singma33 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:42 am

No problem.

I spoke to them on the phone and they said that I need to use the new form even if I paid for the booking on 22nd March. I was told I do not need to pay any extra fees for the visa, and the health care charges.

They said I would be questioned by the officer if I used the old version of the form.. so I am going to go with what home office said and use the new form.

phreeduh
Newly Registered

Post by phreeduh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:38 am

Hi all,

Thanks for the clarity on this, I'm in the same boat.

Can someone please confirm the correct procedure after their appointment? I'm wondering if, even though those who payed for and booked their premium service centre appointments before April 6th are exempt from the Immigration Health Surcharge, they still need to somehow acquire a IHS number like in the cases of other exemptions. This exemption is not listed as an option from the online portal, and so the system still expects payment before it will produce an IHS number.

https://www.immigration-health-surcharg ... al/Welcome

Best,
F

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:01 pm

I called home office and they confirmed that whoever paid before 6th april 2015 wont required to pay IHS(NHS) surcharges.

also home office representative said you could use old version of form for next 21 days from the date of change as there is always a transitional period of 21 days, and case workers knows about it.

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:02 pm

I called home office and they confirmed that whoever paid before 6th april 2015 wont required to pay IHS(NHS) surcharges.

also home office representative said you could use old version of form for next 21 days from the date of change as there is always a transitional period of 21 days, and case workers knows about it.

singma33

Post by singma33 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:11 pm

Hi thecomptroller

How was your appointment?
What sort of questions do they ask, and how long did you spend at home office?

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:56 pm

Hi thecomptroller

How was your appointment?
What sort of questions do they ask, and how long did you spend at home office?
Hi singma33 and thanks.

It's actually later in the week (I don't like giving too detailed info on-line) and I'll let you know how I get on. It's an absolutely genuine marriage and I more than adequately meet all of the requirements as her husband and sponsor. I can't help feeling extremely worried about it though as there are so many things that could result in the application being refused, like having 1 missing/incorrect/non-original document, not having certified translations of foreign language documents etc etc.

I have spent 2 months of hard work getting everything together, which was very complicated because I am relying on the salary and dividends from my company, which is a company of the type specified in paragraph 9(a) of Appendix FM-SE of the immigration Rules. So I was Category F and needed company & personal bank statements for 12 months, copies of business leases, company tax returns etc etc. The evidence is over 6 inches thick but I have taken time to set it all our neatly in tabbed folders and with explanatory notes to make it easier for them. Make sure you read the following carefully as they apply to everyone submitting form FLR(M):

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... rement.pdf
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ndix-fm-se
as well as the FLR(M) guidance notes any other relevant documents listed here (eg about child dependants)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ly-members

Arrghh and I have just notice that all those publications changed too on 6 April, so I'd better check there's nothing that affects me.

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:03 pm

how was your experience the computroller today? plz update which form you used? etc my family have appointment next week, so your experience could be beneficial. thx

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:05 pm

old version of form could be use for further 21 days from changes, page 12 of below link check out.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v16_0.pdf

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 am

HI SINGMA, HOPE YOU GOT YOUR VISA YESTERDAY, would you like to share your experience at premium centre, specially which version of form you used(old or new)? and did caseworker ask you about NHS surcharge(IHS)? and anything that you would like to advise, my family having appointment next week. thanks

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:16 pm

shah.ali12 wrote:how was your experience the computroller today? plz update which form you used? etc my family have appointment next week, so your experience could be beneficial. thx
Yes :D :D :D just got the application allowed :D . Arrived there, they checked booking letter ands was security checked then went to reception and booked in and they checked my worldpay visa payment sheet. We were given a number and told to wait. The place was abs empty but after 20 mins we were called to a desk and we handed in the form and everything else. They didnt check the form or anything. We then went back to wait and after a half hour my wife and her 2 children were called for biometrics. We were told we could go out then and they would call us back on the mobile if they wanted us. We went to the pub and had lunch and went back after 1.5 hours. We waited another 40 mins and were eventually called to the desk and told the application was sucessful. So we had no questions or queries. You dont get a visa in your passport just a biometric residents card which will be be posted in 7 days.

I worked very hard on the application and set everything out very clearly in tabbed folders with explanatory notes. I made sure that i had everything they asked for and that we met the financial requirements. If you do that you will be OK...and DO NOT lie or falsify documents: it will lead to an automatic 10 year ban of travel to the UK even as a tourist.

Good luck everyone.

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:05 am

hi the comptroller;
congrats, I have the same habit like you to make things very clear and accessible... could you please confirm me which version of FLR (M) form you used( old or new).thanks

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:44 am

hi the comptroller
can you plz tel how did you answered this question 6.33.''Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities'' me and wife have tenancy agreement, council bill, thames water bill in joint name... then does it fall under financial responsibility?
please reply. thanks

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:39 am

I used the new version of the form 04/15 but there is a 21 day transitional period until 27 April for the old one.

I answered 6.33 simply as "Yes - we share general living costs"

shah.ali12
Newly Registered

Post by shah.ali12 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:06 pm

the comptroller
thanks, for your reply, my wife is housewife, but we have tenancy agreement, council bill in our joint name.... does we need to answer yes. p[lz share your experience. thanks

thecomptroller
Mood:
China

Post by thecomptroller » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:45 am

shah.ali12 wrote:the comptroller
thanks, for your reply, my wife is housewife, but we have tenancy agreement, council bill in our joint name.... does we need to answer yes. p[lz share your experience. thanks
It sounds like you do not have any shared financial responsibilities then if she has no income and you pay for everything, so you should answer NO. Just be truthful. I'd submit the council bill as one of the 6 documents that you have to submit in joint names and I'd also submit your rent agreement to prove adequate housing.
Good luck.