ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing dependent parent with me on Critical Skills Permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jasey
Newly Registered

Bringing dependent parent with me on Critical Skills Permit

Post by jasey » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm planning to accept a position in Ireland via a Critical Skills Employment Permit. I'm from South Africa, so am a Non-EEA citizen. My mother is an elderly dependent parent and I have all the documentation to prove as much.

I've had a read of the Family Reunification Policy doc (http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Family%2 ... cument.pdf) and am concerned about some of the statements that appear in it that may affect me bringing my mom with me to Ireland when moving there to work, including:

- the docs states that the default response to an elderly dependent parent application is refusal
- the doc also states that a period of 3 years is required before applying for a parent to join you

Please could you let me know if I am misreading/misinterpreting this, or if there really is a chance that my mom would be able to continue to stay with me after the initial 3 months that she'll have when entering Ireland on a South African passport - which I'm hoping can happen at the same time that I arrive.

This doc is relatively new (December 2013) and didn't exist when I first set about planning this move mid-2013.

Have any of you, or anyone you know, had any success with similar applications in the past?

koushik03
Newly Registered

Re: Bringing dependent parent with me on Critical Skills Per

Post by koushik03 » Fri May 29, 2015 3:59 am

Hello friend,

I am a software professional from India who is planning to move to Ireland. I have been trying hard to find a company who in interested in non-EU candidates. As per your post you have already secured a job offer from an Irish firm. Can you please guide me regarding where to find such vacancies where the hire non-EU candidates as well.