ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU4FAM (people who applied recently)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ch123

EU4FAM (people who applied recently)

Post by ch123 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:14 pm

Hi everyone. I just wanted to know has anyone who applied for EU1 in Dec 2014 and Jan 2015 and received their stamp 4 heard from the DOJ yet for the EU4FAM? I know nowadays it takes full six months for them to process the application and come up with a decision. I am just curious to know if anyone got their 5 years stamp already?

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
Thanks.

Subu29
Newly Registered

Re: EU4FAM (people who applied recently)

Post by Subu29 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:03 pm

I started my application on 6th jan. and I am currently on stamp 4. I mailed them few days ago to know the status of my application and they quoted the deadline date which is 6 months from 6th jan.
It happens rarely that might process your application before your deadline, they will take their time and sometime they take even longer than the deadline time.
Just wait and relax
Cheers !!

ch123

Post by ch123 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:16 pm

Thanks for the reply. We applied in Jan and received stamp 4. Now waiting for eu4fam. Well I guess everyone's sailing in the same boat then. I hope everything goes right. Thanks.

MeredithN
Newly Registered

Post by MeredithN » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:54 am

Hi All

We applied on the 26.2 Got the temporary stamp 4 weeks later...and then the postman brought a letter on the 2nd of April with the 5 year stamp... :shock: Even the immigration officer was shocked. I was expecting the entire process to take until September. No idea what are their criterias. But truth to be told I sent them ALL requested documents, so they can't ask for more :roll:

Anyway the immigration officer told me that it depends also on whether the EU citizen works full time in Ireland. In my case 10 year full time working record might have done the trick... Good luck to everyone who is waiting( and plenty of patience!! :) )

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:31 am

MeredithN wrote:Hi All

We applied on the 26.2 Got the temporary stamp 4 weeks later...and then the postman brought a letter on the 2nd of April with the 5 year stamp... :shock: Even the immigration officer was shocked. I was expecting the entire process to take until September. No idea what are their criterias. But truth to be told I sent them ALL requested documents, so they can't ask for more :roll:

Anyway the immigration officer told me that it depends also on whether the EU citizen works full time in Ireland. In my case 10 year full time working record might have done the trick... Good luck to everyone who is waiting( and plenty of patience!! :) )
In my opinion it is purely a matter of luck. For some reason once in a while people's applications end up on top of the pile and get processed before the 6 months.

In my personal case it took the full 6 months while I (EU citizen) had been working full time in Ireland for the same employer for the past 7 years and with a fairly decent salary.

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:11 pm

WHAT? OK, I gotcha! You are really lucky! Hahaha
As Jeupsy said, it is a matter of luck. I applied in November and got my temp by the end of January, and I am still waiting for their decision, which is due by the end of May. They have all my documents as well, dunno why they just don't approve that instead of having us waiting for their good will. :roll:

ch123

Post by ch123 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:39 pm

Wow. That was quick. Congratulations. Did they not ask for any further document from you at all?
I think when they stop asking for further documentation, it's most likely that they'd send you the five year stamp even if there' still time left for the six months deadline. Well we should hope for the best and wait.

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Sat May 09, 2015 4:37 pm

Yes, relax and have a little patience. My wife applied at the end of November so it's only 1 or 2 weeks before the 6 months are up, still haven't heard anything yet.

I remember waiting for the temp residence card, for some reason we expected it would be quicker than the 8 weeks it actually took. It was a real misery checking the mailbox everyday and finding nothing. This time I've resolved to put it out of my mind until the full 6 months runs its course, it really isn't worth the Idiot spammer. Good luck people!

ch123

Post by ch123 » Sun May 10, 2015 2:17 pm

tastylentils wrote:Yes, relax and have a little patience. My wife applied at the end of November so it's only 1 or 2 weeks before the 6 months are up, still haven't heard anything yet.

I remember waiting for the temp residence card, for some reason we expected it would be quicker than the 8 weeks it actually took. It was a real misery checking the mailbox everyday and finding nothing. This time I've resolved to put it out of my mind until the full 6 months runs its course, it really isn't worth the Idiot spammer. Good luck people!

Hey good luck. I've still got a month for six months to get over.

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Mon May 11, 2015 9:54 am

Well, I have applied on 27th Nov, 2014 and yet didn't hear anything from them. They have two weeks to answer. If nothing happens I will go to Solvit.

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Mon May 11, 2015 10:51 am

Application went in on 4 December from here, so I'm keen to see how close to the deadline the responses will come in for those that applied in November 2014.

tastylentils

Post by tastylentils » Sat May 16, 2015 11:21 am

Just an update -- posted some documents earlier in the week, and I had a letter confirming receipt on Friday. It specifically stated that a decision would be made based on the documents on file one day prior to the full decision date. So if you made an application on the 20th November you really shouldn't expect to receive anything until a day or so after that date. It's a bit of a pain for those who think they've already submitted enough documents but very fair for those who have been struggling to get all the documentation together.

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Sat May 16, 2015 11:44 am

tastylentils wrote:Just an update -- posted some documents earlier in the week, and I had a letter confirming receipt on Friday. It specifically stated that a decision would be made based on the documents on file one day prior to the full decision date. So if you made an application on the 20th November you really shouldn't expect to receive anything until a day or so after that date. It's a bit of a pain for those who think they've already submitted enough documents but very fair for those who have been struggling to get all the documentation together.
Really? I didn't notice that on my letter, thanks! I applied on 27th November, and they got all the documents they needed on 1st April, so I don't know why they just don't give a decision already.

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Mon May 18, 2015 9:38 am

tastylentils wrote:Just an update -- posted some documents earlier in the week, and I had a letter confirming receipt on Friday. It specifically stated that a decision would be made based on the documents on file one day prior to the full decision date.
Thank you, that's very interesting. I also got a letter on Friday, but it was to confirm the reception of additional documentation we sent in two weeks before. I get the feeling they send letters out in batches.

The fact that they wait for all the documentation until the day before the full decision date makes sense. In many cases the work or residence situation can change over the 6 months. Other times they might want to lighten the load where the deadline on many applications are around the same time, so they approve the more certain applications early.

ch123

Post by ch123 » Sun May 24, 2015 4:39 pm

Hey. Just wanted to get an update from you guys. Has anyone heard from the INIS? We got a letter last week with an acknowledgement of receipt for further documents that we sent them last month. It says that the office will be in contact with you in due course of time. Do they mean when the six months are over?

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Mon May 25, 2015 11:31 am

ch123 wrote:Hey. Just wanted to get an update from you guys. Has anyone heard from the INIS? We got a letter last week with an acknowledgement of receipt for further documents that we sent them last month. It says that the office will be in contact with you in due course of time. Do they mean when the six months are over?
Did they request any further documentation from you?
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

ch123

Post by ch123 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:35 am

No they did not ask for any further documents. Is that a positive sign?

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:12 pm

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Cu ... sing_Times
This Link shows the current processing time. They are processing the application received on or before 31st dec 2014 now.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Visa%20D ... -05-15.pdf
This is the visa decision link.

PrestonLancs

Post by PrestonLancs » Mon May 25, 2015 1:33 pm

ch123 wrote:No they did not ask for any further documents. Is that a positive sign?
If you received the letter on the day after a full moon night, then its definitely a positive sign. :idea:

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Mon May 25, 2015 2:42 pm

ch123 wrote:No they did not ask for any further documents. Is that a positive sign?
That is usually a good sign as they have everything they need. If you do not hear anything for a few weeks, email the section and ask is any documentation outstanding.
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

webbym
Newly Registered

Post by webbym » Mon May 25, 2015 8:26 pm

We applied mid-november (18-Nov), got Stamp-4 early Jan and then sent all documentation by Feb
after some back and forth.

Then heard nothing untill 2 weeks ago when we received the approval 1 day before six months were up.

I suspect they do final checks on employment etc couple of weeks before six months are up and then
send the approval if all documentation is still consistent with what was submitted initially.

ch123

Post by ch123 » Sun May 31, 2015 4:22 pm

Hey thanks for your reply. Any more updates guys? INIS website states that they have started processing applications which were sent on and before 02 Feb 2015. I was wondering if everyone who applied in Nov and Dec got theirs? We applied in Jan so I am assuming that DOJ'd get back to them before us.

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:50 pm

The DOJ will take their time in processing the application. Now a days almost everybody gets thr decision on the last date of the application deadline.
I applied on 6th jan. and hopefully will get a replay either on 6th July or a day after that.
I though emailed them twice to know the status and give me the application number so that I can see the decision online but haven't got any reply from last 2 weeks.

ch123

Post by ch123 » Sun May 31, 2015 5:55 pm

Hey. Isn't the application number the same as the one mentioned on the letters they sent us e.g stamp 4 letter? I was looking through the decisions and they seem to have put application numbers randomly. Also if the application number's the same as on the letters then a lot of people who are supposed to get decision after us have already got theirs. This is really confusing.

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Sun May 31, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi guys,

Applied on 27th Nov and got my response on the deadline, of course! 27th of May. Didn't have time to go to the immigration to renew for Stamp4EUFAM yet though...