ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR inquiries.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

meerap
Newly Registered

ILR inquiries.

Post by meerap » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:03 pm

My Tier 1(general) extension is expiring on 02/06/15 and I am planning to apply for ILR now as I have completed 5 years in UK.
My questions as below:
1) I applied for Tier 1 on 3/2/10 and it was rejected. I did appeal and my appeal was approved on 2/6/10 and I was given leave to remain until 2/6/13. I did my extension in May 2013 and I was given leave to remain until 2/6/15. My question is that am I still eligible to apply under the rules in place before 6 April 2010? as my initial application under Tier 1(general) was 3/2/10.
2) Do I have to put 5 years P60 or economically active proof?
3) I have degree of Master of Science in Physiotherapy from University of East London in year February 2008. Do I have to put any proof for knowledge of language? Or I just tick qualification recognized in point based calculator and evidence submitted as a part of previous tier 1 application.
And shall I tick, An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and: the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada)?

Please reply me and give guidance.

Many thanks,

meerap

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR inquiries.

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:22 pm

1) Yes, so long as your appeal was made in-time.
2) This is not a requirement, but has at times been provided on request. So you may want to have them available.
meerap wrote: Or I just tick qualification recognized in point based calculator and evidence submitted as a part of previous tier 1 application?
3) Unless I'm mistaken I don't believe the above option is available in the SET(O) form. So, yes you will need to provide proof - your degree certificate along with the PBS sheet will be fine. And tick the option you have mentioned below.
meerap wrote:An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and: the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada

meerap
Newly Registered

Post by meerap » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:55 am

Thanks for prompt reply.
What is PBS sheet and How can i get it?

Thanks,

cafemoonrock
Newly Registered

Post by cafemoonrock » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:57 am

This is the PBS page:

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... ment.faces

Select all the relevant details and it will ask you for your country of award for your degree, the state, the university etc. Once you've selected all these, it should ideally show 10 points for English.

meerap
Newly Registered

Post by meerap » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:16 am

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:33 am

You do not need the PBS sheet or Naric for a degree that is taught and awarded in the UK. Your UK university degree will meet the English requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:38 am

meerap wrote:I have degree of Master of Science in Physiotherapy from University of East London
Yes, I missed the fact that you have a UK degree, so you will not need the PBS sheet as CR001 has mentioned.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:58 am

Hi

Sorry for asking something. If UK Degree doesn't need PBS calculator sheet than what about providing evidence at ILR, if someone has obtained English language point at Tier 1 General initial application and extension on same degree from UK. This is the only confusion left .

Thanks
Regards
Kashif

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:07 am

KASHIF830 wrote:Hi

Sorry for asking something. If UK Degree doesn't need PBS calculator sheet than what about providing evidence at ILR, if someone has obtained English language point at Tier 1 General initial application and extension on same degree from UK. This is the only confusion left .

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
Evidence is the UK degree certificate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

KASHIF830

Post by KASHIF830 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:13 am

CR001 wrote:
KASHIF830 wrote:Hi

Thanks
Regards
Kashif
Evidence is the UK degree certificate.
Thanks CR001

But Do we need to submit again Degree Certificate with ILR application?

Thanks
Regards
MUHAMMAD

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:16 am

Yes
Char (CR001 not Casa)