ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NHS and GP registration for my mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hham1224

NHS and GP registration for my mother

Post by hham1224 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:57 pm

My mother is visiting me in the UK for nearly 5 months. I read on gov.uk that she can register with the GP free of charge, A&E is free and the chargeable cost will be the hospital outpatient cost.

Should I register my mother with the GP and would this have any impact on her future applications

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: NHS and GP registration for my mother

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:23 pm

She is not entitled to free GP service on a visitor visa and you would have to register her as a private patient and pay the fees for drs, nurses and medication. Rehistration with a GP is free, the service is not. A&E is free only for emergencies at initial point of care, further charges would be applicable.

Make sure she has good travel insurance.

Uf she uses NHS and doesnt pay, it would put future visa applucations st risk if refusal. There is a question in the form asking about medical treatment previously received in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Double V

Re: NHS and GP registration for my mother

Post by Double V » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:35 am

CR001 wrote:She is not entitled to free GP service on a visitor visa and you would have to register her as a private patient and pay the fees for drs, nurses and medication. Rehistration with a GP is free, the service is not. A&E is free only for emergencies at initial point of care, further charges would be applicable.

Make sure she has good travel insurance.

Uf she uses NHS and doesnt pay, it would put future visa applucations st risk if refusal. There is a question in the form asking about medical treatment previously received in the UK.
I am at that position now.
My mother was on 5 year visitor visa.
She received medicine by repeat prescriptions. And now we want to apply her 10 year. What should we do ?
Pay the prescribed bill and to where or is there an other way ?

Thanks