ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

thecoogan
Newly Registered

Financial documents

Post by thecoogan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:14 pm

Hello,

Me and my wife are inviting her parents over from Bolivia to visit us in the UK this year. I am soon going to do sending our supporting documents over to them for their UK embassy appointment.

My question is what time frame do the bank statements and payslips need to be within? I have the last 6 months statements up until mid March. There appointment will likely be scheduled in for early May. Does anyone know if these documents are good enough? I'm certain I've read somewhere or heard they have to be within 3 months of the interview. Anyone know this for sure?

Please bear in mind it takes at least 1 week to ship the documents over and additional time for the booking of the appointment.

Thanks
Adam

O_Relly

Re: Financial documents

Post by O_Relly » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:37 pm

Not sure about the 3 month requirement, afaik, should be within 1 month.

Also, I and my friends have sent only scanned copies which were printed and submitted, and visitor visa granted with no issues in the past. It isn't mentioned anywhere that original supporting documentation is mandated of the sponsor.
Cheers,
OR

t1s2010
Member of Standing

Post by t1s2010 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:59 am

Hi O_Relly,

Scanned document was just sponsorship letter or bank statement, payslips etc as well for your/friends' case?

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:46 am

Scanned copies of bank statements, payslips
t1s2010 wrote:Hi O_Relly,

Scanned document was just sponsorship letter or bank statement, payslips etc as well for your/friends' case?
All documentation I / my friends sent as a sponsor were all scanned copies via email including bank statements and payslips.
Cheers,
OR

thecoogan
Newly Registered

Post by thecoogan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:39 am

My understanding of it was original documents were always required. If scanned copies are allow that would of saved me £40 in DHL fees... :?