ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR query in Set(O) Section 4.3

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

padven88
Newly Registered

ILR query in Set(O) Section 4.3

Post by padven88 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:51 am

I am applying for ILR for me, my wife and my son on 11 June 2015.
I have query in Set(O) Section 4.3 regarding English language knowledge.
we both completed life in the UK test. I have proven my English Language knowledge as part of Tier 1 application.
My wife completed her Graduation from Andhra University in 2008 and medium of instructions is English which is mentioned in her Degree certificate.

Do we need to submit NARIC Confirmation certificate for her BSC degree or Degree certificate is sufficient for knowledge of English language ?
If Degree Certificate is sufficient which option that I should select in section 4.3
4.3 Have you and/or your partner obtained the following to show that you have met the knowledge of language and life in the UK requirement.
You
Your partner
Life in the UK test pass
And either
• A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR
• An ESOL qualification at Entry Level 3, Level 1 or Level 2 , that includes speaking and listening which has been regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). It must be listed as an ESOL qualification on the Ofqual Register and taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland; OR
• A National Qualification in ESOL at Scottish Qualifications Framework (SCFQ) levels 4, 5 or 6, awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA); OR
SET(O) Version 04/15 Page 16
• An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:
˗˗UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or
˗˗the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR
▪▪You are a national of a majority English speaking country (as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

cafemoonrock
Newly Registered

Re: ILR query in Set(O) Section 4.3

Post by cafemoonrock » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:09 pm

Does your university show up on the PBS calculator?

padven88
Newly Registered

Post by padven88 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:39 pm

Yes. It is shown in PBS calculator.

cafemoonrock
Newly Registered

Post by cafemoonrock » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:07 pm

You can get a printout of that (showing 10 points for English) and submit it along with your original degree certificate.

Of course, do make sure you read the English language requirement rules closer to the time of your application, just in case they change - https://www.gov.uk/english-language

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi cafemoonrock,
My scenario is same as padven88, but when I tried to access the point based calculator, am not getting option to select Tier1 G. Seems like it has been removed... have we got any other alternate?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:52 pm

Select Tier 2 or any Tier 1 category given.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Brill... Thanks sushdmehta.

Sorry one more question, when I proceed with by selecting
Tier2
Tier2(General)

It asks for the sponsor details, funds maintenance and english language, is it still ok to submit if am taking route as Tier 1 G?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Yes.

Skip all other sections (or fill in anything you wish if it doesn't let you skip) until you reach the English language section.
Fill in the details.
If 10 points, take a prinout of that page.
If 0 points, apply for verification from NARIC.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Yes, i have same doubt, I send a mail to ukba, they confirmed me that. they will accept points based calculator by selecting tier 2.

But here for 4.3 what i should select. I have below options available in set o form what should i select, if i submit points based calculator. Basically my degree from india.

1) A speaking and listening qualification at level B1 or above from the Secure English Language Test (SELT) list (Go to question 4.5 below); OR

2) An ESOL qualification at Entry Level 3, Level 1 or Level 2 , that includes speaking and listening which has been regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). It must be listed as an ESOL qualification on the Ofqual Register and taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland; OR

3) A National Qualification in ESOL at Scottish Qualifications Framework (SCFQ) levels 4, 5 or 6, awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA); OR

4) An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:

5) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English; or

6) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); OR

7) You are a national of a majority English speaking country (as in the list at https://www.gov.uk/english-language)

Regards,
Suresh

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:07 pm

4 & 5
haiksuresh wrote:4) An academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and:

5) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or researched in English;

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:55 am

Thanks sushdmehta. regarding your answer for haiksuresh, yes we need to select option 4 but option 5 and 6 are sub section for 4, I believe we need to select 4 & 5 in that case, correct me if am wrong.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:41 am

jagankumar wrote:Thanks sushdmehta. regarding your answer for haiksuresh, yes we need to select option 4 but option 5 and 6 are sub section for 4, I believe we need to select 4 & 5 in that case, correct me if am wrong.
Hi Jagan,
I belive sushmehta was correct. we can't select 5 because we are furnishing points based calculator. If you are submitting naric certificate then we need to select 5. Correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Suresh

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:45 am

Ok .. Thanks Suresh, Regarding PBS, I have managed to find the copy of points based calculator which I have submitted for my previous tier g extension. Can I use that for the evidence ?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:35 am

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:53 am

jagankumar wrote:Ok .. Thanks Suresh, Regarding PBS, I have managed to find the copy of points based calculator which I have submitted for my previous tier g extension. Can I use that for the evidence ?
Better to generate latest one by selecting tier 2 . Because NARIC DB will update so old data and new data will have differences.

Regards,
suresh

Mat1979
Newly Registered

Post by Mat1979 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi
Pls check below link for more information regarding NARIC confirmation

(http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... nt‐t149949
20.html#p943457)

sparsh

Post by sparsh » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:50 pm

So Just to summarize Narric is not required in case of dependents if:
1>the degree is shown of Points calculator(currently for tier-2)
2> and Original degree certificate along with letter from university confirming that course conducted was in English, is submitted.

Let me know if I have missed something here.

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Post by haiksuresh » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:28 pm

sparsh wrote:So Just to summarize Narric is not required in case of dependents if:
1>the degree is shown of Points calculator(currently for tier-2)
2> and Original degree certificate along with letter from university confirming that course conducted was in English, is submitted.

Let me know if I have missed something here.
yes you are correct.