ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on filling form MN1 for naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaya.says
Newly Registered

Advice on filling form MN1 for naturalisation

Post by jaya.says » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:56 pm

Hi All,

I am applying naturalisation for myself and my daughter next week and we got ILR on 1st of May 2014 . I have few queries regarding the application:

Section 3

Please say which parent is the one who is a British citizen by descent and on whom this application is based.
Mother or FATHER. (we have to fill this section if either mother or father is citizens correct me pls)

3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 are related to father and mother ( as my hubby is in india whether i have to give his details aswell)

Section 7:
As my hubby is in india whether i can sign in 7.2 and mention the reason 7.3 in this section, is it suffice.( my hubby is not applying and he is in india right now)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jaya

fwd079
Diamond Member

Re: Advice on filling form MN1 for naturalisation

Post by fwd079 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:38 am

3. Leave section blank.

Section 7. Where was child born? If in UK then it should not be an issue, if born abroad then its tricky as then its upon discretion, can't your husband sign and post it?
Being British is a state of mind.
Want to maintain timeline of any thread? Click here and grab template.

jaya.says
Newly Registered

Post by jaya.says » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:37 pm

My hubby can sign and send the documents, in that case if he is not here it wont be a prob right

jaya.says
Newly Registered

Post by jaya.says » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:40 pm

My child born in india.

And also please clarify the section:

Please indicate the section of the British Nationality Act 1981 under which you
would like the application considered. See Chapter 2 of the guide for details.
Immigration and Nationality Directorate or Border and Immigration Agency or
UK Border Agency reference number.

where I have provided a photocopy of my parent’s, adoptive parent’s or grandparent’s British passport, ........
Q
I confirm that, to the best of my knowledge and belief, it is a complete and full copy of that
original document.

Here we have to submit both parents passport if they have british passport right. please anyone clarify me