ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how many days we can stay in uk after we withdraw appeal?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KAJI

how many days we can stay in uk after we withdraw appeal?

Post by KAJI » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:27 am

Hi
how many days we can stay in uk legally after we withdraw appeal from the court?
thanks for your reply

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Re: how many days we can stay in uk after we withdraw appeal

Post by Zee ali » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:25 pm

After appeal withdraw 0

but u can stay 28 days overstay without facing any problem. As 28 days overstay time allowed by home office
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

KAJI

Post by KAJI » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:00 am

Thank you for your reply.
If appeal withdrawn and make fresh application within 28 days, then will it break 10 years legal stay in uk? Please reply me. thanks

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:13 pm

nope
upto 28 days overstay is permitted

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:02 pm

your continuous residence is broken if you have overstayed even for a single day (after all appeal rights are exhausted). IMO, 28 days leverage doesn't count towards 10 years long residency unless the case worker exercise some sort of discretion. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:03 am

bruteforce wrote:your continuous residence is broken if you have overstayed even for a single day (after all appeal rights are exhausted). IMO, 28 days leverage doesn't count towards 10 years long residency unless the case worker exercise some sort of discretion. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
Yes u r wrong @bruteforce

if someone apply in 28 days overstay period and get the visa subsequently. 10 years continuity wont break. check the 10 years guidance.
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

KAJI

Post by KAJI » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:31 am

Thank you guys.
can you please post the site where it is mentioned that withdrawing appeal before hearing date and maming fresh apication within that 28 days will not break 10 years residency route.
i tried a lot but could not see that.
thanks a lot friends

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:29 am

276B wrote:(v) the applicant must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded, as will any period of overstaying between periods of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain of up to 28 days and any period of overstaying pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

KAJI

Post by KAJI » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:10 pm

Dear friends,
thank you so much for your reply.
But sorry to say i could not understand this paragraph clearly.

Can you please explain in a simple way

" If I withdraw my application before the hearing date and make fresh application within 28 days, then will it break 10 years legal stay in UK?

Please Please give me advice who knows legal matters or have experience. One solicitor said it does not affect and other one said it may affect. I am completely confused and worried. Please reply.

thanks

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:13 am

vinny wrote:
276B wrote:(v) the applicant must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded, as will any period of overstaying between periods of entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain of up to 28 days and any period of overstaying pending the determination of an application made within that 28 day period.
@kaji

If u can't read and understand this. i doubt that u r a genuine student.

ateeqsahib
Newly Registered

Post by ateeqsahib » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi Kaji ..
I am also in the same situation..i have completed 10 years while waiting for appeal to be heared..
What should be done.
Can i withdraw the appeal and apply for ilr on long residency bases.
What should be the procedure..
What is the outcome of your case..

Aditi12

Post by Aditi12 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:31 pm

vinny wrote:

Vinny ; I completely understand the paragraph above however my confusion is if some1 leaves uk within 28 days (that's covered in the first line of paragraph) applies entry clearence in 10 days of leaving uk (which comes in the 2nd line where it says as will and then last one is when the application is made)
My confusion is the 2nd line where it says as will !

If an applicant leaves within 28days of appeal rights exhausted; let's say on the 26th day which is 18th July and applies a entry clearence on 28th July which is within 28 days (leave to enter ; or leave to remain)
Does this breaks some1 long residency

Thanks