ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OVER STAYED FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

missdi
Newly Registered

OVER STAYED FLR(M)

Post by missdi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:30 pm

Hello, I have overstayed my visa purely by accident by 70 days now as I read it in american dates, my husband (british) lives here and we have a 1 year old baby, can anyone advise what step i should take to renew my visa, Ive been advised to leave the country and apply from my home country on a fresh FLR(M).

It has been advised that the visa will automatically rejected if I apply within the UK can anyone confirm this?

thank you for any help provided

Amber
Mood:

Re: OVER STAYED FLR(M)

Post by Amber » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:58 pm

Full immigration history?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

missdi
Newly Registered

Post by missdi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:45 pm

Amber wrote:Full immigration history?
Yes sorry, I came to Britain in 2012 uncer the old rules, then applied after that within the Uk for fLRM and was granted, my son was born in 2013. I made a stupid mistake to believe my visa would expire on November this year as i read it as 11/02/2015 I would've applied for ILR but i know thats not possible anymore, so I have been told to apply for spouse or wife visa outside of the UK I just wanted to know if thats the best way to do it and if there is a chance of granting a visa to me again.
Thank you

missdi
Newly Registered

Post by missdi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:50 pm

Under fiancee visa in 2012

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:02 am

If you applied for your fiancé visa prior to 9th July 2012, then you are under the old rules. Under the old rules, you may apply for SET(M), subject to the English B1 and Life in the UK requirements, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

missdi
Newly Registered

Post by missdi » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:38 am

I know i used to apply under the old rules but now that I have over stayed even if its less than 90 days I have been told that I need to go back to my home country and apply for spouse visa as the Flr's or Ilr's dont apply to me anymore?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:03 am

If you have overstayed for longer than 28 days, then it's true that you cannot apply for FLR(M).

But, you may apply for SET(M), if you satisfy A280( c )(ii) and 287.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:57 am

I agree. You better make sure you don't apply under Appendix FM, because if you do and it gets rejected, you will not be able to apply for ILR under the provision cited by Vinny.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors