ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP(RC) applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gnarlysheen
Newly Registered

Re: BRP(RC) applications

Post by gnarlysheen » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:57 pm

I have recently submitted my application

Applied 16th March 15
Biometrics enrolled 24th March 15
Awaiting decision letter and passport etc

bnpusher
Newly Registered

Post by bnpusher » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:35 pm

I have indefinite leave to remain, but needed the biometric card as I have a new passport.

I sent my documents on 18 March 2015. After receiving letters and emails that said it could take 6 months, then received my letter to take to the post office on 2nd April 2015. I went the next day. I received my documents back on 20th April. The card was sent at the same time, but it had to be signed for and did not go to the post office, so it was a few days later before I got it from the courier.

Result:
to letter to get biometric details recorded: 15 days
from biometrics to receipt of documents and card: 18 days
Total: 33 days

cliffwen91
Newly Registered

Post by cliffwen91 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:29 pm

Submitted my BRP (TOC) application on 16/04/15
Received acknowledgement letter on 23/04/15 (dated 20/04)
Still awaiting the Biometric Enrolment Letter.

Does anyone know why it is taking longer than usual?

gnarlysheen
Newly Registered

Post by gnarlysheen » Tue May 05, 2015 12:12 pm

I applied on the same day as you cliffwen91, and haven't received anything as yet

This week is week 8, so hopefully will receive something soon since my acknowledgement letter said a decision will be made within 8 weeks

cliffwen91
Newly Registered

Post by cliffwen91 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:48 pm

Oh i actually made my application on 16th April. Your biometric invitation seems to come really quickly but they seem to be taking quite some time to process it. Have you tried contacting them yet?

cliffwen91
Newly Registered

Post by cliffwen91 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:00 pm

Submitted my BRP (TOC) application on 16/04/15
Received acknowledgement letter on 23/04/15 (dated 20/04)
Still awaiting the Biometric Enrolment Letter as of 06/05/15. Looks like I'm the unlucky one who gets his application thrown aside.

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 am

Just to update that I got my new BRP and documents returned on 8/5/15, after submitting biometrics on 23/3/15. So the process took slightly over 6 weeks once biometrics were submitted. I can't remember the date I posted my application but funds were taken from my account on 17/3/15 so it was a few days before that - approximately two months from start to finish. This was for a replacement of a stolen card.

Glad3
Newly Registered

Post by Glad3 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:08 am

Glad3 wrote:Almost 3 months of waiting

Application posted 3 dec 2014
Biometric letter arrived 12 dec 2014
Biometric registered 13 dec 2014
Amount debited 12 dec 2014
Documents returned---awaiting
BRP received ------awaiting

Anyone with similar case?
UKBA please attend to me
It is 5months now I have not heard from UKBA still waiting for my documents and BRP card.
Please do anyone have any advice for me or a number I can contact UKBA ? Thank you

tryie
Newly Registered

Post by tryie » Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:56 am

Applied : 16/06/2015
Received confirmation email: 22/06/2015
Received biometrics enrolment letter: 24/06/2015
Enroled biometrics: 25/06/15
Now: waiting

Leela Devi
Newly Registered

Post by Leela Devi » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi friends I want to share u my lost brp timeline
Application posted on:11/6/2015
Application delivered on:12/6/2015
Fee transaction done on:16/6/2015
Biometric letter received on:22/6/2015
Biometric enrolled on:22/6/2015
I received my passport and other documents with an acknowledgement letter on:01/07/2015
Waiting for brp card
Acknowledgement letter stated that u will receive ur brp card in 7 working days.........

Waiting.........:-)

Leela Devi
Newly Registered

Post by Leela Devi » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:20 pm

Leela Devi wrote:Hi friends I want to share u my lost brp timeline
Application posted on:11/6/2015
Application delivered on:12/6/2015
Fee transaction done on:16/6/2015
Biometric letter received on:22/6/2015
Biometric enrolled on:22/6/2015
I received my passport and other documents with an acknowledgement letter on:01/07/2015
Waiting for brp card
Acknowledgement letter stated that u will receive ur brp card in 7 working days.........

Waiting.........:-)

Hello friends i received my brp card on 02/07/2015 I am flying to indiaaaaaaaa
Thank god:-)

Home office did good job thank u......
All the best friends who r waiting for brps

Alola89
Newly Registered

Post by Alola89 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Hi guys!!i lost my brp and i applied for replacement one on 27th may went for biometric enrolment on 8th june today 22nd july and still waiting for passport and new BRP!!hope to get it soon :x

Ash Malik
Newly Registered

Post by Ash Malik » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:30 am

Hi, my x husband took my passport and BRP. Reported to police, they didn't help. So I have to apply again and waiting for Urgent Travel to see my mum who is unwell and sister wedding in first week of August 2015

My timeline is as follows:
Application sent: 29/06/2015
Application received: 30/06/2015
Money Deducted from Accouunt: 01/07/2015
Confirmation email: 06/07/2015
Biometric Letter Received: 08/07/2015
Biometric Enrolled at Post Office : 08/07/2015
BRP: Waiting

I have sent various emails to various departments but no luck. I have also passed JOB telephone interview and waiting for BRP to show that I am entitled to live and work in UK. I have now contacted local MP.

Best of luck to me and everyone who is desperately waiting for their documents and BRP.

Alola89
Newly Registered

Post by Alola89 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi ash malik!!this waiting game is frustrating now as i also need my passport and BRP urgently its been 8 weeks since i gave my biometrics to the post office and i also have emailed home office to enquire about the application but no luck :evil:
Please let me know if you get hold of them or hear anything back from them.
I called passport office couple of weeks ago and woman on the phone said it takes up to 8 weeks but they were really busy so it could take longer then that so lets see

Alola89
Newly Registered

Post by Alola89 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:15 pm

Hi ash malik!!this waiting game is frustrating now as i also need my passport and BRP urgently its been 8 weeks since i gave my biometrics to the post office and i also have emailed home office to enquire about the application but no luck :evil:
Please let me know if you get hold of them or hear anything back from them.
I called passport office couple of weeks ago and woman on the phone said it takes up to 8 weeks but they were really busy so it could take longer then that so lets see

Alola89
Newly Registered

Post by Alola89 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:18 pm

So..after contacting them on Tuesday regarding the passport return they sent an email the same day and said your brp card has been done it should be there in couple of days and the documents are being sent by Royal Mail post and gave tracking number as well and hurrrray on Wednesday the passport was here at 12:30 pm..good luck to everyone who is waiting!!

Ash Malik
Newly Registered

Post by Ash Malik » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:05 am

Ash Malik wrote:Hi, my x husband took my passport and BRP. Reported to police, they didn't help. So I have to apply again and waiting for Urgent Travel to see my mum who is unwell and sister wedding in first week of August 2015

My timeline is as follows:
Application sent: 29/06/2015
Application received: 30/06/2015
Money Deducted from Accouunt: 01/07/2015
Confirmation email: 06/07/2015
Biometric Letter Received: 08/07/2015
Biometric Enrolled at Post Office : 08/07/2015

I have sent various emails to various departments but no luck. I have also passed JOB telephone interview and waiting for BRP to show that I am entitled to live and work in UK. I have now contacted local MP.

Best of luck to me and everyone who is desperately waiting for their documents and BRP.
Document Returned: 4th August 2015
BRP: Still waiting as of 8th August
Contacted UKVI and they said there is a technical error and it will be posted next week.

AnaSer
Newly Registered

Post by AnaSer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi guys,

Have been waiting for my BRP replacement card for 2 months now and is becoming quite anxious about that .. Decided to share my current status with you.

BRP stolen: 06.06.2015
Reported to the police and the Home Office: 06.06.2015
Documents sent for replacement: 15.06.2015
Biometric Letter Received: 24.06.2015
Biometric Enrolled at Post Office : 26.06.2015

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

AnaSer
Newly Registered

Post by AnaSer » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Ash Malik wrote:
Ash Malik wrote:
Document Returned: 4th August 2015
BRP: Still waiting as of 8th August
Contacted UKVI and they said there is a technical error and it will be posted next week.
Hello,

can you please share the phone number you used to contact them.

Thank you
Ana

helen.liu
Newly Registered

Post by helen.liu » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:57 pm

It's been a month sense I submitted my application.
Timeline
Submit application and support documents : 21st sep 2015
Biometric Letter Received: 7th Oct 2015 (dated 03 Oct 2015)
Biometric Enrolled at Post Office : 8th Oct 2015
Document return: Waiting...
BRP: Waiting...

on 3th Oct, I sent an email to ask about the processing. They replied:"We aim to outcome your case within 8 weeks of receipt of the application and you should receive your BRP within 10 working days of receipt of your approval letter and supporting documents."

I need to travel in the end of next month(Nov). Anyone knows that can I get my documents and brp within 2 month? really anxious now. Anyone knows how to speed up the processing?

helen.liu
Newly Registered

Post by helen.liu » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:01 pm

AnaSer wrote:Hi guys,

Have been waiting for my BRP replacement card for 2 months now and is becoming quite anxious about that .. Decided to share my current status with you.

BRP stolen: 06.06.2015
Reported to the police and the Home Office: 06.06.2015
Documents sent for replacement: 15.06.2015
Biometric Letter Received: 24.06.2015
Biometric Enrolled at Post Office : 26.06.2015

Good luck to everyone who is waiting.
Have you got your brp and documents? When did you received all of them? Thanks

whatapalaver
Newly Registered

Post by whatapalaver » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Hi all,

Wondering about recent experiences with BRP(RC) postal applications - specifically:

1/ the length of waiting time for the biometric invitation letter. It looks like most people received it in about ten days? I may have to leave the country before that. Is it possible to get the case reference number from the Home Office before receiving that letter and take that number to the Home Office, or do they scan the barcode on the letter?

2/ Any experience people have with the single entry visas for re-entry in case I have to leave the country before the letter comes. I am re-entering the country this week without this visa, it was literally impossible to get it in time before I had to travel, and I have to return this week in order to submit biometrics for my naturalisation application. I've been advised to either a/ enter as a tourist (worrisome) or b/ show all my documentation (receipt for single entry visa which I paid for but couldn't get in time, copy of BRP, certified copy of BRP, invitiation letter for naturalisation biometrics, etc.

THanks all

whatapalaver
Newly Registered

Post by whatapalaver » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:55 pm

I am also wondering if anyone has experience with not being able to submit biometrics within 15 days of receiving an invitation letter for BRP or Replacement BRP biometrics? Is there flexibility on this? Who do I contact if I cannot submit biometrics within 15 days?

Thanks!

keyow
Newly Registered

Post by keyow » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:48 pm

helen.liu wrote:It's been a month sense I submitted my application.
Timeline

on 3th Oct, I sent an email to ask about the processing. They replied:"We aim to outcome your case within 8 weeks of receipt of the application and you should receive your BRP within 10 working days of receipt of your approval letter and supporting documents."

I need to travel in the end of next month(Nov). Anyone knows that can I get my documents and brp within 2 month? really anxious now. Anyone knows how to speed up the processing?
Could you share the email you sent your query to. I sent my application for No Time Limit(NTL BRP card) on 1 August 2015, fee (£260) taken out of my account on 3 August, did my biometrics on 8 August 2015. I phoned them (UKVI general inquiry line) last week and was told it takes upto 6 months to process and should wait for another 3 months before I contact them. I have indefinite leave to remain, I made application for NTL after changing my name. I sent my ID and all my home office documents with my application.
The problem am now facing is I can't work and not having photo ID for 6 months is causing me alot of stress.

Could you please share the email for the home office (UKVI/department dealing with BRP card). It is now 3 months since I sent my application, from talking to a friend who had similar problem with home office (Waited 15 months to change name on his travel document) he says my application is just sitting on someone's desk.
Thanks.

helen.liu
Newly Registered

Post by helen.liu » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:36 am

keyow wrote:
helen.liu wrote:It's been a month sense I submitted my application.
Timeline

Could you share the email you sent your query to. I sent my application for No Time Limit(NTL BRP card) on 1 August 2015, fee (£260) taken out of my account on 3 August, did my biometrics on 8 August 2015. I phoned them (UKVI general inquiry line) last week and was told it takes upto 6 months to process and should wait for another 3 months before I contact them. I have indefinite leave to remain, I made application for NTL after changing my name. I sent my ID and all my home office documents with my application.
The problem am now facing is I can't work and not having photo ID for 6 months is causing me alot of stress.

Could you please share the email for the home office (UKVI/department dealing with BRP card). It is now 3 months since I sent my application, from talking to a friend who had similar problem with home office (Waited 15 months to change name on his travel document) he says my application is just sitting on someone's desk.
Thanks.
Just an official reply I think:

"
Thank you for your enquiry.

A letter inviting you to enrol your biometrics should be issued within 10 working days of receipt of your application for a replacement Biometric Residence Permit (BRP).

Once you have successfully enrolled your biometrics we aim to outcome your case within 8 weeks of receipt of the application and you should receive your BRP within 10 working days of receipt of your approval letter and supporting documents.

Thank you
Helen
Lost & Stolen BRP Team
(LS18B)
"
Last week I contact them again to enquiry my case processing. They gave the same reply and tell me DO NOT CONTACT THEM AGAIN. That really drive me angry!! I think I have right to know the processing. They have been holding my passport and all my identity documents for 6 weeks.

By the way, I think we have different cases. You are applying for a No Time Limit BRP, that could takes long time I guess. I searched from internet about the home office processing time. please refer to this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... r-services Mine is a "remain on a temporary basis " case.

Till now, no response from the home office. Really disappoint! Hope you get your passport and brp soon.