ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sister-in-law family visit visa refusal-help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imtiyazm

Sister-in-law family visit visa refusal-help

Post by imtiyazm » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Hi, Myself and my wife are on ILR status in the UK , we currently have 2 kids and expecting our third. I sponsored my sister-in-law currently residing in Saudi Arabia of Indian nationality to visit the UK for 5 months stating we need help with my wife's third baby.

we applied for her family visit visa, below are the docs we submitted. The visa was refused.
I have attached the refusal letter in 2 parts.

myself 6 months payslips and bank statements(i am the sponsor)
myself and spouse's visa and passport copies, marriage certificate,council tax for address
sister-in-laws passport, entry/exit visa(they need this in saudi Arabia)
my father-in-laws salary certificate, and bank statement, all attested.

I do understand that just before getting bank statement my father-in-law had a sum of SAR 10,000 deposited for some other reasons.
and I do understand we didn't explain that properly, and fact that we should also have explained there are other incomes which come into his account.

but i am considering to re-apply so requesting help.

What we are going to do is to

highlight the transactions where salary falls in and also show any other sources of income and prove that.

One other problem we have is that my sister-in-law doesn't study there and she is currently at home as she is not pursuing further studies, we have a difficulty to explain her strong ties. All we could do is to show that she will definitely come back in both myself's and father-in-laws declaration.

I really appreciate this forum and all its members and the help they have provided me so far.

Thanks
Attachments
IMG-20150423-WA000[1].jpg
IMG-20150423-WA000[1].jpg (256.62 KiB) Viewed 4336 times
IMG-20150423-WA001[1].jpg
IMG-20150423-WA001[1].jpg (255.96 KiB) Viewed 4336 times

imtiyazm

Re: Sister-in-law family visit visa refusal-help

Post by imtiyazm » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:32 pm

Hi All members and respected forum moderators. Please assist as best as you can.

we are looking to re-apply asap, however all the original documents like my payslips, bank statements, father-in-laws originals have been retained and not returned. in this case if we reapply can we use the xerox copies - i assume we can.

appreciate your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:00 pm

Your sister in law needs to show evidence of ties to country of residence. She doesn't appear to have done that as she is not employed or studying or married and kids etc and doesn't appear to have a reason to return.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imtiyazm

Post by imtiyazm » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:15 pm

Thanks for your prompt response CR001.

I do agree your point but as genuine as it can be she at the moment goes for some religious classes for 4 hours a day which is paid
All we can do is to provide fees paid as they wont give a certificate or bonafide. Do you think this will suffice?

Apart from that we do not have anything else to provide.

Appreciate your help.

oocha
Newly Registered

Post by oocha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:58 pm

It will be very difficult to get a visa for the person who does not do anything. She is neither a house wife nor she work or study.

I sponsored my sister in Law (My brother's wife) and my Niece. They refused both applications because they did not attached my brother's Iqama as they both were on Dependent visa but for my Niece they mentioned another reason that she did not attached the proof of her job and the proof that she has right to work there. Eventually, i had to exclude her from the second application and only applied for my Sister in Law and they granted the visa.

Why don't you apply for your Mother in Law? She will get the Visa without any problem but for the unmarried person and specially if she can't proof what she does then it is near to impossible to get the visa.

oocha
Newly Registered

Post by oocha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:12 pm

You had mentioned in the previous application that she will be staying for 5 months. Now in the second application if you mention or even give the proof that she is studying. How are you going to justify the 5 months leave from study?

If I was at your position, I would have applied for someone else.

imtiyazm

Post by imtiyazm » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:23 pm

one reason we wanted her to be here for 5 months was that our elder son is going to join nursery in sept 2015 and it will be difficult for my wife(with 3 kids by then ) to adjust
hence we thought if she is around at that time it will help.

Thanks for your response , reg my mother-in-law she is in a life long illness and as such needs constant help 24 hours to help her.

if I justify that she is doing some religious studies and that her iqama expires in nov 2015 and that she will have to join her family(father, mother, sister) and hence will definitely be back in 5 months , is that not going to be enough?

appreciate your help but I am running out of options i.e. I am trying to get my mother but turning difficult due to some other dependencies.

oocha
Newly Registered

Post by oocha » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 pm

I can understand that how much it is important for you to bring someone here as i went through the same situation. My Sister in Law arrived on the same day when my baby was born.
I personally don't think that the religious studies will help her getting Visa. The only thing that can help is the documentary evidence which shows her strong ties with the country of residence. This is the problem with the young children in Saudia Arabia as the education system is not good over there and most of the children either go back home for studies or study with virtual universities.

You should not have mentioned in the application that she intends to spend 5 month here. Even if you had applied for 15 days they would have given her 6 months visa anyway. If you don't have anybody else then nothing wrong in taking another chance but make sure what ever you mention in new application should not be contrary to the previous application.

imtiyazm

Post by imtiyazm » Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:08 pm

Many thanks for your advice.

You are right, I am not going to manipulate anything and just provide justification for why I mentioned those times and reg my father in laws financial details

Also one thing that clicked me was, can I apply for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law now to make case stronger. I will not invite mother-in-law though, just use it to make the application strong? does it make sense?

imtiyazm

Post by imtiyazm » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:37 pm

Hi, please can someone else shed light or give any other ideas. Really appreciate all your help as we are in a lot of trouble.
Thanks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Sun May 03, 2015 7:03 pm

I've seen in couple of odd occasions cases where you have applied for a visa together and travelled alone and the immigration officer at the airport may see this as "change in circumstances" and not also "not as claimed in the your application".

I think there is little chance given the circumstances, strong social and economic ties are a must to the country of residence or home country. a bit harsh but reality