ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born in INDIA - Father (UK ILR) - Mother (Settlement)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

deejo8489
Newly Registered

Child born in INDIA - Father (UK ILR) - Mother (Settlement)

Post by deejo8489 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:32 pm

Hi,

I currently hold UK Indefinite Leave to Remain valid till Jan 2024. I attainted UK ILR by Jan 2014 through 5 year tier-2 ICT route.
I got married by Apr 2014. We applied for UK ILR dependent (settlement) category visa for my wife using VAF4A form from India.
My wife also got the wife granted by Jan 2015.

Meanwhile, my wife got conceived and she wasn't able to travel to UK with me. Baby will be born around Nov 2015.

Please me help to understand the following,
  • Can I apply for UK citizenship by normalisation as its been more than a year with ILR? If yes, once I get my UK citizenship and passport, will my child born in India get a UK passport? i.e. assuming that I get naturalised before their birth
  • If I remain having Indian passport, should I apply settlement category visa for my child from India as I did for my wife? If so, can we apply my child alone as my wife's visa is valid until Feb 2017 even though she hasn't travelled here at all.
Please do let me know which of these is a better option. Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Child born in INDIA - Father (UK ILR) - Mother (Settleme

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:59 pm

Can I apply for UK citizenship by normalisation as its been more than a year with ILR? If yes, once I get my UK citizenship and passport, will my child born in India get a UK passport? i.e. assuming that I get naturalised before their birth If you meet all the requirements for naturalisation, then you can apply. If you receive citizenship approval and attend the ceremony before your child is born then the child will be British by Descent and can get a UK passport. If the child is born in the UK while you have ILR, the child will be automatically British Otherwise than Descent and can use fast track (1 week) to apply for a British Passport.

If I remain having Indian passport, should I apply settlement category visa for my child from India as I did for my wife? If so, can we apply my child alone as my wife's visa is valid until Feb 2017 even though she hasn't travelled here at all. Yes, the child's visa will be issued in line with the mothers visa. Due to the delayed UK entry, your family will need 2 x extensions to make up 5 years residence. Also note that you will have to pay the new NHS surcharge for your child's settlement visa (£200 per year X 2.5 years), payable upfront at point of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.