ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need urgent clearification

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nawaf24
Newly Registered

Need urgent clearification

Post by nawaf24 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Hello

My current visa is expiring on 6th of May and I will be getting my CAS letter probably on same day or 1 day earlier, can I still apply on same day of expiry or not? also the 28 days rule, I exercised this rule last year and my friend told me it is only available to be exercised only once in lifetime , is this right ? will appreciate answer to these so I can plan my next week and set my exams location.

thanks!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Need urgent clearification

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:38 pm

You can apply on the day your visa expires.

When you say '28 day rule' do you mean making an application within 28 days after visa expiry or 28 days before visa expiry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nawaf24
Newly Registered

Post by nawaf24 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:47 pm

within 28 days after visa expiry I mean

I used this rule once last year, but one of my friend told me if I used it once thats all! I can't use it this time and probably have to apply before visa expiry date, just wanted to know if I can apply again within 28 days after expiry, it will probably be 2-3 days at most I'm sure of this.

nawaf24
Newly Registered

Post by nawaf24 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:49 pm

can someone please let me know about this, can I apply within 28 days after expiry even though I used this rule once?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:58 am

The 28-day period is not a grace period. You are still an overstayer, applying out of time, which is full of risks, hazards and issues. The first one is that your Tier 4 sponsor may not be happy to sponsor an out-of-time application at all.

I don't understand why you are actively considering making a risky late application, when it appears your CAS will be issued in time for you to apply in time. It seems perverse.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:04 am

Clarification*