ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent Ext before Main applicant's ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

PBS Dependent Ext before Main applicant's ILR

Post by adityaisukapalli » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:45 am

Hi Friends,

My (Tier-1 General) and my wife's (Tier-1 General Dependent) visas will expire on same day in few months time. I will be eligible for ILR and my wife will have to extend her PBS Dependent visa, this is fine. But I have a question here..

Can she apply to extend her PBS Dependent visa before my ILR application ? i.e. Can she extend her visa on her own whilst I am on Tier-1 General visa ?

OR

Does it have to be either on same day as my ILR or later ?

-Thanks in advance
ADITYA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent Ext before Main applicant's ILR

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:56 am

She can apply to extend before her visa expires.

How soon before visa expiry are you applying for ILR? She can also apply in person on the same day as you to extend her visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:37 am

I don't think that she can extend before you make an application because they will only grant a dependant's leave based on the main applicant's grant of leave (319D); unless a dependant qualifies under Long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

adityaisukapalli
BANNED

Post by adityaisukapalli » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:37 pm

Thanks. So if we can book separate appointments but around the same time, can we submit both applications to the same case worker?

Or

Do I need to go first then she books an appointment 2 days later etc?

I will book ILR peo date 20 - 25 days prior to visa expiry, ofcours depending on availability.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:56 am

You can book appointments on the same day, a couple of hours apart in the two relevant categories.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.