ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When is earliest to apply for PBS extension?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nonnyx
Newly Registered

When is earliest to apply for PBS extension?

Post by Nonnyx » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:39 am

Hi

My husband has a Tier 1 Genereal visa which expires 30th Aug 2104, my PBS dependant visa expires same day as well.

But his 5years is actually 30th May 2014, hence he would be going for PEO for ILR on 2nd May 2014.

My question is when is the earliest I can apply for my extension. Can I apply after he gets her ILR in May or do I have to wait till Aug when mine is due to expire before I can apply to extend my pbs dependency visa?

Thanks

vinny

Re: When is earliest to apply for PBS extension?

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:57 am

Any time after he gets ILR and before your leave expires. You should be granted 3 years from the date of approval. But why apply early?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ChromaticMind
Newly Registered

Post by ChromaticMind » Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi Vinny,

Ok so we have the exact same situation and almost identical dates too but for this year (2015) instead.

Is this advice still valid? i.e. if I get my ILR in May and my wife applies for a PBS extension right after that (even though her PBS dependent visa expires in Aug) she won't be too early and she will get a visa for 3 years, right?

To answer your 1 year old question, at least in our case, we'll be applying for her earlier because (a) If she applies in May instead of Aug and gets a 3yr extension then she will have 4 extra months than she needs to be eligible for ILR in 2018 anyway (she is eligible Jan '18). (b) This frees up our summer so post both visas we are free to travel as opposed to living in "visa stress mode" between May and Aug :)

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Cheers
cM

ChromaticMind
Newly Registered

Post by ChromaticMind » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:07 am

Vinny? Anyone?